Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Also, all the Higashikata males are fuckin losers.
I know I didn't just hear slander against Norisuke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

good point, exception that proves the rule, let's say.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

how did norisuke and kato somehow create

my god i literally forgot his name

Tall Mineta

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

everyone hates joshu

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Praying for Nut King Cole in these trying times as he fills out the paperwork to get transferred over to Yasuho.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
At least we know Araki hates Joshu too

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Torquemadras posted:

The statement "It goes without saying that your family's prosperity outweighs ethics"

This poo poo just makes me want to see a proper comeuppance since literally everything that is happening is jobin's fault

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

"here is my real son Josuke, and here's the other one, uhhhh Haircut"

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Patware posted:

Weenier Mandark

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

FirstAidKite posted:

This poo poo just makes me want to see a proper comeuppance since literally everything that is happening is jobin's fault

Well Kaato was also a bad influence.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

overmind2000 posted:

He tried to punch Wonder of U and got terminally-owned by a can of WD-40

There's really no more fitting a fate for him than thinking of WD-40 and dying.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

FirstAidKite posted:

Honestly, this is the real reason I keep arguing for Jobin as the final opponent

He is such a total little poo poo

His fingerprints are all over the plot, he's been heavily involved in everything ever since he was introduced, he's a mirror of sorts to Josuke as they are both incredibly motivated due to their mother's influence, and family is a very important topic to both. Except Jobin is an arrogant entitled rich kid who took the worst possible lessons from his ruthless mother, despite Norisuke's attempts otherwise. Like, dang, he's walking entitlement, whereas Josuke came from nothing.

I love that guy for his pathetic, but internally consistent motivation. It's an unusual villain, and I'd love to see him pushed further and further to the brink. The recent events may very well do that.

God drat I really want to see that guy get owned so bad not by an inanimate object, as hilarious as that may be

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I wonder if Tsurugi will buy completely into his Dad’s dumbass philosophy and become the final villain

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Patware posted:

Kaato loves all her children equally!

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I’m trying to refresh myself on the JJL plot thus far. Did they explain how Joshu got his curse lifted? I know Jobin’s was lifted via the incident that landed Cato in jail.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

it's only the firstborn

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

hatty posted:

I wonder if Tsurugi will buy completely into his Dad’s dumbass philosophy and become the final villain

I feel like he was already being indoctrinated through the ozone baby and fun fun fun stuff :\

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Tsurugi is gonna be the final boss as a means to show Josuke's new resolve succeed where his old resolve failed.

Fighting a child.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

You know, I just wondered: do you think Araki remembers that Daiya is blind?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

do you think Araki remembers Daiya even though Daiya has one of the funniest pages in all of JoJo history

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

she's blind and has a puzzle stand so i figure it's not that surprising that she's not really relevant for much beyond her actual 'fight'

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I don't think she is totally blind. I recall that she can see some things.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I like that Kaato is finally doing something and we even get the name and design for her Stand. But I'm still not sure I like that Tooru went from entirely invincible to an embarrassing joke over the course of two chapters. Feels like too sudden of a twist.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

remember how hard kira went down?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

remember how hard diavolo went down?

remember how hard pucci went down?

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
I also remember those characters having a lot of build-up and their fights being thematic and satisfying.

Aurora posted:

Well, some of them anyway

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Patware posted:

I certainly remember a lot more back-and-forth where Kira and Josuke took turns having the upper hand, yes. Same with Diavolo and Pucci.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Remember how hard Akira went down?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The seemingly abruptness of this fight is because the back-and-forth was mostly with Wonder Of U, not Tooru.

Mamezuku got so close to him that WoU went "This has never happened before! Not even I know what happens next" and Gappy managed to surprise him several times.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's also hard for tension to stay built when you're reading month-to-month. the anime adaptations in particular are good at highlighting how having a continuous stream right there in front of you does well to keep momentum going.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Part of the problem here is that the rock humans are all like the same guy, at least to my memory. They're not interesting outside of how one of them was a car. As soon as Tooru was revealed as a rock human he dropped the fuckboy personality and became just another rock human. Wonder of U had personality, not so much Tooru, and we never saw Tooru speaking in that particular rambling rear end in a top hat way that Wonder of U did to really firmly establish that we were dealing with a single existence.

So when everything shifted to Tooru's last moments here, it doesn't feel like we've been dealing with Tooru the whole time, because it has all been Wonder of U which is a cool design that does kinda cool poo poo like sitting half inside a wall. But when you take a step back and just mentally file Tooru and Wonder of U as the same person, then there has absolutely been at least buildup, if not necessarily a good satisfying theme to the fight outside of the usual thing where we've hit the point where the Jojo is just becoming a maniac determination machine crawling forward through increasingly improbable threat and injuries.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Nah tooru has plenty personality beyond "is rock human." There are others who are more generic like the a. phex twins but tooru's whole thing so far has been pretty dead on in terms of being a parasite from birth and actively grooming yasuho and attempting to manipulate her through that while keeping up the doctor facade. It only really melted away when he started getting hurt and now he's at his wits end because this has never happened before.

Patware posted:

Uh yes?

Aurora posted:

remember how hard pucci went down?

Also yes?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

none of that 'remember how hard x went down' stuff was aimed at you

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
What did Tooru groom Yasuho for, anyway?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
He's a major creep

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

CodfishCartographer posted:

What did Tooru groom Yasuho for, anyway?

Information through her Stand but he's also talked about fingering her

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So will Tooru get the curse and Tsurugi the wounds? I guess that’s better for Tsurugi since the wounds might not be fatal if given immediate medical attention. Maybe Tsurugi will get an upgraded stand from this

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

tsurugi is going to put tooru in the grope tree

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Patware posted:

none of that 'remember how hard x went down' stuff was aimed at you

Who are you talking to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

why would our posts be aimed at you when they would be nonsequiturs to the latest post you had made then