Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Ha, kinda sucks, but yeah at least Casca was restored and we got some great art from him before he died.

I'm half-surprised, half-accepting...Berserk's been around for a while.

MoaM fucked around with this message at 05:12 on May 20, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

If there was a way to go out, other than actually finishing the thing, then that beautiful Skull Knight chapter that fully illustrates what happens when you chase your pain and revenge instead of moving past it is probably the way to do it. I'm going to imagine that Guts took it to heart and found peace, and I'm going to imagine Miura has done the same.

Look Sharp!
Mar 24, 2013

Diabetic posted:

Oh my God I'm heartbroken, I've been following this before the Dreamcast game here in the US. He was such a talent, hell, my Gmail account is a reference to Griffith. I really hope that he had family with him and he wasn't just found this way..

The letter says he was cared for immediately after he collapsed.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Paper Lion posted:

If there was a way to go out, other than actually finishing the thing, then that beautiful Skull Knight chapter that fully illustrates what happens when you chase your pain and revenge instead of moving past it is probably the way to do it. I'm going to imagine that Guts took it to heart and found peace, and I'm going to imagine Miura has done the same.

Same, jesus christ man :smith:

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Paper Lion posted:

I'm on the same page, definitely.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

MoaM posted:

Ha, kinda sucks, but yeah at least Casca was restored and we got some great art from him before he died.

I'm half-surprised, half-accepting...Berserk's been around for a while.

I'm shattered.

just...god dammit

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

drat, RIP to a ATG manga artist and story teller.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I have no words.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
god any excuse for release delays

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
This... was not what I was expecting to hear tonight

I’m going to assume that after getting Casca better the Guts Party went and demolished the New Hawks and Godhand and you cannot tell me otherwise

Just... RIP, Miura

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
https://twitter.com/MinovskyArticle/status/1395216614644228098

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
loving gutted, we don't even have the possibilty of a sanderson coming in and finishing wheel of time since miura's art is so incredible.

rip to a legend.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
This year officially sucks more than last one. RIP

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
“Oh look, lots of posts on the berserk thread”

... oh :smith:

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

crepeface posted:

loving gutted, we don't even have the possibilty of a sanderson coming in and finishing wheel of time since miura's art is so incredible.

That would honestly be a disservice. Real artists are born, not made, and someone coming in to finish Berserk would just be an insult to the work. They just wouldn't have that inborn ability he did.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Unbelievable. He left this world far too early, but hopefully he did knowing how many people his works have touched and brought together all over the world.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
https://twitter.com/Danny8bit/status/1395231332981116932?s=20

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Thuryl posted:

it's one of those things that's hard to diagnose because it often doesn't feel like heart pain, it feels like you threw your back out and then a few hours or days later you die

Yeah, you have to get screenings every few years to see if your aorta is slowly expanding/thinning, and even then you're only likely to do that because you have a connective tissue disorder.

Couldn't believe the news when I saw it, had to stop and actually process what I was reading.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/cromwaits/status/1395235360934858752?s=20

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
It's weird. I've only ever experienced Berserk secondhand, but I'm having trouble coming to terms with Miura's passing. The man was obviously a favorite of many other talented people, which showed in their own creative work, and that is, perhaps, the most irreconcilable aspect of his death for me; he was a massive presence in the industry and now it feels like an entire island has vanished off the face of the Earth. I can only hope he's in a better place now, along with everyone else who were grateful for his talents.

Rabid Boar
Apr 16, 2020

Soon, all of you will feel my hate, and suffer as I have suffered!
Oh my god, gently caress. I can't believe this.

Jin Wicked
Jul 4, 2007

Well, I never!

just punch me right in the throat while you're at it

been sitting here ugly-crying at my desk for an hour now

SpudCat
Mar 12, 2012

Oh gently caress.

I know people have joked about him keeling over for years, but this just sucks, man.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
He was an excellent writer and storyteller, and I've spent probably cumulatively more than a full day looking at his artwork trying to figure out how he managed to make it look so good (the answer is the he was really really really loving good). Terrible news to hear about.

Tiler Kiwi fucked around with this message at 05:54 on May 20, 2021

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
It had been a while since I really followed his work but it still hit me like a brick to hear that he had passed. It is definitely a treat to reread some of the earlier chapters just to see what was there at there beginning regarding his artistic skills and to see just how much it grew over the course of the story.

TowerofOil
May 22, 2007

You don't need a doctor, I'm a christian scientist.

Bread Liar
Oh my loving god this sucks, I don't think I ever truly expected an ending to berserk but in my mind Miura was also somehow immortal, he would just keep going forever.

where's the matrix "not like this" gif

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Goddamn it, I haven't followed Berserk in a while but I wanted an Ending. Not like this. :smith:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/Carter___G/status/1395235595992113154?s=19

Chewbaccanator
Apr 7, 2010
RIP to a great one. Hope you didn’t suffer much.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I hope he left an outline the can be published. I wouldn't want anyone else to even attempt to draw it though. He was peerless on that front. RIP.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Yeesh, what a way to go. And so young too. :smith:

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer
This is a hard day, and I'm very sad.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Vince MechMahon posted:

I wouldn't want anyone else to even attempt to draw it though.

"You want me to do WHAT"

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
idk why you guys are so sad, the manga ended already with this panel:

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Least we got to see Casca regain herself and Guts reach some semblance of happiness. :gbsmith:

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
So they lived the rest of their lives in elf land :unsmith:

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer
Wait so does Griffith win by default?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Griffith died of dysentery off-screen.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Guts stays in elf-land with Casca.

Skull knight kills Griffith.

Everybody lives happily ever after :cry: