Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Marsupial Ape posted:

I mean, anything you could on any other sandwich, right?

You. Absolute. Bastard.

Thundercracker posted:

So does Condiment King only have yellow mustard and regular ketchup? Cuz that's pretty basic in 2021.

He now has a utility belt carrying over 1000 variations of mustard, ketchup, kraut and onions.
“I’d like an aged Bavarian brown mustard with a dash of hollandaise artesian catsup and cruelty free organic purple onions picked from the urban gardens of Detroit please served at precisely 2 degrees above room temperature.” <fixes my man bun>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I don't put anything on my hot dogs

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Bleck posted:

I don't put anything on my hot dogs

Sounds like animal cruelty to me. Give those puppers some water, you heartless bastard! :argh:

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

I'm enjoying the new Elon Musk show with Patton Oswalt.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I don’t get why it’s on Hulu and not D+

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Bust Rodd posted:

It is a holdover from the Marvel Television productions, which no longer exists.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Bust Rodd posted:

I also suspect that the tone doesn't fit their brand. See also: High Fidelity and Love, Victor.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

DogsInSpace! posted:

He now has a utility belt carrying...kraut...

I'm willing to believe in flying suits of armor, but a gun that reliably shoots sauerkraut without clogging is a step too far.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Organic Lube User posted:

I'm enjoying the new Elon Musk show with Patton Oswalt.

MODOK is a much lesser supervillain.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

It is a holdover from the Marvel Television productions, which no longer exists.

Isn't it because it's too 'adult' for Disney+ in the US?

It's on Disney+ under the Star brand here in the UK (which has parental controls to be locked out and require a PIN), which is where Disney is putting stuff like Deadpool and anything that doesn't fit as 'Disney' like Die Hard and Family Guy and Dragon Ball Evolution.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Veotax posted:

It's on Disney+ under the Star brand here in the UK (which has parental controls to be locked out and require a PIN), which is where Disney is putting stuff like Deadpool and anything that doesn't fit as 'Disney' like Die Hard and Family Guy and Dragon Ball Evolution.

Ah yes, famed adult film "Dragon Ball Evolution".

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Veotax posted:

yes, though the show being a holdover from the Jeph Loeb regime is probably a factor as well (notably, though, Marvel didn't remove its branding from MODOK like they did with Helstrom)

Veotax
May 16, 2006

XboxPants posted:

Ah yes, famed adult film "Dragon Ball Evolution".

I just included that because for some reason I find it loving hilarious that DB:E is on Disney+

Veotax fucked around with this message at 19:10 on May 21, 2021

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

I think the best way to introduce X-Men would be to randomly drop a scene in some movie where Cable chases Deadpool through portals to Yakety-Sax for three minutes and bam there's mutants now.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

VectorSigma posted:

I think the best way to introduce X-Men would be to randomly drop a scene in some movie where Cable chases Deadpool through portals to Yakety-Sax for three minutes and bam there's mutants now.

It's just a one second sight gag in the background of a big dramatic scene. There's a huge battle with a dozen people struggling on screen, then a portal opens in the background, Deadpool jumps through it and disappears into another portal a few feet away in less than a second. Cable follows. None of the actors on screen call attention to it, or seemingly even notice because they're busy with their own thing. It becomes a big talking point among the fans. Was that...Deadpool? Did you see him? Nah. People who go to the movie several times can go "oh he's definitely there, what the gently caress?" and it won't be until the home media releases a few months later that people will be able to properly cap it. The speculation would be loving wild!

Do the same in several big movies, maybe have Domino jump through in one instead of Deadpool or something. Have a single character notice, but only visually react in one of the latter movies doing it; not talk to them, or even point it out to the other cast in their own movie, because that'd make them look mad. People can cut together entire Scooby Doo! style montages of the characters disappearing in one direction and coming out the other as Marvel remains silent, driving fans mad before they finally go "Oh yeah, mutants are real" with a post credits thing that explains what's happening from Deadpool and co's perspective as they jump through half a dozen movies.

tsob fucked around with this message at 01:02 on May 22, 2021

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Or Deadpool watches Endgame on D+ and then goes and does his own Time Heist and snatches the stones right out of the Avengers' hands in a montage and snaps a retcon into existence.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Deadpool turns to the camera and says "What, we were always here!" and then there's a montage of all the big scenes from the past MCU with crappily CGI'd in mutants.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Instead of taking the Tesseract from Tony in 1970, Deadpool takes it right as Loki sees it at his feet in 2012. Deadpool teleports away using the power of the Space Stone saying "Loved your show!," and you have just enough time to see the confused look on Loki's face right before the Hulk repeats the ragdoll smash on him.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Bleck posted:

Mephisto

Death's Head.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Oof, MODOK is not good. Watched episode 1, and I didn’t laugh once.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

It’s okay at best. It has the problem that a lot of villain-oriented stories have (and honestly, adult animated shows in general) of the protagonist being an rear end in a top hat and then expecting us to sympathize with them when they get their due punishment. I think it’s encapsulated best in the intro, with a way-too-short scene of modok and his mother that has a quick joke awkwardly stuck in it that puts me in the mindset to not take it too seriously.

I watched the whole season yesterday and today, because I do like Oswalt, but eh. It does end on an unexpected note, I guess, and it has a lot of Marvel deep-cuts. But it does feel like Marvel wanting their own Harley Quinn without understanding why that show works.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Product that looks cheap and rushed ends up feeling cheap and rushed. Film at 11.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Oh, D+ in the UK are putting it out a week at a time, so it’s going to be a slow dragging slog.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

mind the walrus posted:

Product that looks cheap and rushed ends up feeling cheap and rushed. Film at 11.

I've only seen episode one, and I wouldn't call the show cheap.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
It's literally Robot Chicken in long form made by the robot chicken people. Only real laugh I got was the MELISSA joke.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Open Source Idiom posted:

I've only seen episode one, and I wouldn't call the show cheap.

Yeah, if you wanna hate the show it's okay, but don't make out poo poo just for the sake it.

The show's character design is good, as is well animated for the style they were trying. I watched episode 1 and half of 2, I giggled at a few jokes, laughed at another few. Some just didn't land. Patton Oswalt's voice acting is as charming as usual.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Thundercracker posted:

It's literally Robot Chicken in long form made by the robot chicken people. Only real laugh I got was the MELISSA joke.

I like Robot Chicken but a four hour (over 10 episodes) RC skit seems a bit much.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/behind_pics/status/1396262100134203394?s=19

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
I think MODOK is perfectly fine for what it is. It’s a blend of Robot Chicken and Frisky Dingo. Some of the jokes are really good, some are really bad, most are kind of in the middle. I watched about half the season today while having some drinks with friends and we all enjoyed it. It’s not something that I would sit on the edge waiting to come out if it was week to week so having it all drop at once was a good decision.

I actually think its probably better aiming for a family with older kids audience than purely an adult animation audience. The joke play well to a preteen/teen audience and parents.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

It's crazy how good that was.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

More Tom Hiddleston's handsome face:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0nTq-NUvU4

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Interesting that we keep seeing more or less the same footage over and over, and nothing around it. For some reason, I’m expecting some huge curveballs.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The_Doctor posted:

For some reason, I’m expecting some huge curveballs.
Don't.

You should know this two series in.

Remember we hadn't seen dick about US Agent or even Karli in FatWS at this point in the advertising prerelease, or much about the twins in Wandavision beyond some small shots of them as kids.

Yes there will be surprises, but they're the same poo poo you've known about for nearly 10 years if you've kept even a cursory glance at Marvel comics-- most likely bets are Teen Loki/Lady Loki, maybe a Hemsworth or Hopkins cameo.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

mind the walrus posted:

Don't.

You should know this two series in.

I know, but I want to dream. :smith:

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

Interesting that we keep seeing more or less the same footage over and over, and nothing around it. For some reason, I’m expecting some huge curveballs.

The surprise is a line of infinite Mephistos.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
cat thor

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
nancy whitehead where have you been all my life

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Casnorf posted:

cat thor

Horse Thor.

C'mon you MCU bastards. Give us Beta Ray Bill.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
any road that takes us closer to Spider-Ham

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Everyone posted:

Horse Thor.

Which impregnates Loki.