Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Tunicate posted:

*demand for residential toilet paper rises 40% overnight because people are no longer making GBS threads on company time*

Nextdoor message: Long screed about how those people are causing this TP shortage problem for dear sweet innocent Wal*Mart.

What?

Edit: Now this is a page snipe I'm pleased with. :golgo:

CaptainSarcastic fucked around with this message at 06:32 on May 16, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I gotta say that as someone who worked retail for several years, it was really embarrassing all the hero worship for "essential workers" at the beginning of the pandemic. Also, saw it coming a mile away that people pretty quickly went right back to treating them like poo poo and not giving a gently caress about them.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

edit: I'm 100% recognizing a lot of toilet paper hoarders in here lol

gently caress. One package from Costco will last me 4-6 months. You don't need to pull 2 full carts of toilet paper stacked up on it for a family of 5 like I saw some people struggling with before they put limits on them. It's pure selfishness and panic. It hurts other people.

I'm a chronic masturbator. I go through about a cart a week. I don't need your judgment thank you.

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

Weka posted:

I'm a chronic masturbator. I go through about a cart a week. I don't need your judgment thank you.

Just use dirty laundry like a normal person

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

(The YouTube link is some lovely Daily Wire video)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

zedprime posted:

Don't go to dentists you found out about from an unsolicited mail ad or a TV commercial.

If they can spend money on ads they don't need mine

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

quote:

Birthbath carnage question. EDIT: It is a crow, just caught it in the act. Do they ever come back for their softened food? This one doesn't seem to.

Hello. I have had a birdbath for 10+ years. It is quite the attraction and I have seen 30+ kinds of birds visiting. A few weeks ago, I started seeing "food" in the birdbath - either smaller bird parts or big chunks of bread, or, like today BOTH at the same time. At all times of day. And, considering how often I sit outside of just pop in and out, I am surprised I have never seen who is doing it. Any guesses? I was thinking a raptor, but bread. Maybe a raven? I have seen them coming around and hadn't before.

To me it is both an interesting mystery and an annoyance as I have to keep dumping and refilling the bird bath.
?

Horrifying.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

The crows at my place will drop literally anything I feed them directly into the birdbath. I've also found everything from earthworms to a full dead mole in there before. I have to clean it at least once a day.

jemand
Sep 19, 2018

Hi Neighbors,

Does anyone know a place nearby that has good chicken lettuce wrap?  Had some at the Cheesecake Factory this weekend that were amazing but looking to try a place closer.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME. OK guys so I heard today was the last day to do your taxes and i Tend to procrastinate until the last moment when it comes to anything paperwork, I get super anxious when it comes to this stuff, It’s just not my cup of tea. So last year I worked for several restaurants, publix and the last couple months of 2020 i worked for Point Blanche Movers (who im still with to this day). in the past I’ve never had problems doing my taxes on TurboTax but this is the first time I’ve had to include a 1099 because for some reason (Insurance reasons) The company I work for (Point Blanche Movers) doesn’t want to ensure us even though it’s a dangerous job, so now I’m left with a 1099 in which I have no idea what I’m dealing with when it comes to taxes. what I do know is, is that I’ll OWE money to the IRS For the work I did for Point Blanche Movers in 2020 😢 i would much rather prefer go to an office somewhere and have a professional help me get the biggest return possible because I don’t want to totally screw myself when it comes to this 1099. If anyone could help me out with recommendations for anywhere nearby that would be fantastic. I specifically took today off work so I could get this done and I still managed to procrastinate the first half of the day. Someone help me please this is so nerve-racking for me.

its funny when I started reading this one I recognized who it was from the content and the address alone. This guy has had a dui

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Roundup Ready posted:

The crows at my place will drop literally anything I feed them directly into the birdbath. I've also found everything from earthworms to a full dead mole in there before. I have to clean it at least once a day.

Nice to know that wild birds are as weird and messy about food as domestic ones.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

jemand posted:

Hi Neighbors,

Does anyone know a place nearby that has good chicken lettuce wrap?  Had some at the Cheesecake Factory this weekend that were amazing but looking to try a place closer.

*87 replies*

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
Vandalism at the Park. I smelled fresh spray paint in the southeast bathroom in the Park, when I left the bathroom 3 young boys were running to the forest. The day and time of the incident was May 16, 2021 at 4 PM. I can only describe in detail one of the boys because he was a bit unusual in having brown curly hair. If you know these boys, it would be great if you could get their parents' help in contacting the Parks Department to help with the clean-up. Yes I did call the police at the time of the incident, however I do not have pictures of the boys. I have reported this information to the police.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

I have one form my local Nextdoor:

quote:

My apologies to anybody this offends. ...

However, if you look at the photographs below, you will see a park in _______. Also there is a picture of a dead, half decayed coyote. Said coyote has been dead and rotting on the road across from that park in _____ for TWO MONTHS!!!! I have made approximately a dozen phone calls to the Village, the Police Department, Animal Control, the Public Works Department, the mayor's office, AND the most recently _____ Township. Melanie from _____ Township called me back to inform me that location is not the "townships" responsibility. I should contact the state police.

Look, there is a dead, decaying corpse on the road across from a park where children play. I have spent two months trying to get ANYBODY to clean it up!!! I live in ______ for Christ's Sake!!!! All of the people I have contacted have essentially told me "Not my job, not my problem."

Meanwhile, kids are killing themselves because of forced isolation from lack of interaction with friends and peers. The economy has been crippled by a global pandemic, I can't go anywhere without a mask on, there were critical shortages of toilet paper and sanitizer a year ago, AND YET EVERY GOVERNMENT AGENCY I HAVE CALLED WON'T CLEAN UP THE ROTTING DEAD FLESH FROM NEXT TO THE PARK!!!!!

Has the world lost it's collective mind, or is it me????

It's you, lady. You're fuckin' nuts.

Also, the photo she attached looks like a mat of fake fur someone left in the grass. :shrug:

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

I have one form my local Nextdoor:

It's you, lady. You're fuckin' nuts.

Also, the photo she attached looks like a mat of fake fur someone left in the grass. :shrug:

I've had friends find out the hard way that if a deer dies on your property the city response is pretty much "sucks to be you." Even if this was an animal corpse, it's not even on her property.

Oh, and my friends figured out the cheat code for dealing with the deer was to surreptitiously help it into the street, where it did get collected.

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

Lately here it’s been a spate of people thinking the gas company is a scam because they are asking to read the meter .

I should convince them they want to come and spin the needles forward like an odometer to profit , and that everyone should measure their gas meters.

Actually I shouldn’t engage with the general public at all.

“I think my neighbor got my mail: I usually get some mail but I didn’t today and I saw my neighbor by their mailbox. I think they got my mail but they haven’t come over yet. Should I call the postmaster?”

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Oh, and my friends figured out the cheat code for dealing with the deer was to surreptitiously help it into the street, where it did get collected.

I'm imagining weekend at bernies style hijinks, with the deer in a trenchcoat and sunglasses

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Vim Fuego posted:

I'm imagining weekend at bernies style hijinks, with the deer in a trenchcoat and sunglasses

Weekend at Bambi's

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
Blue Gang In Our Neighborhood. Hi Neoghbors, Walking down the block tonight (just corner store), I ran into FIVE spider webs strands. Earlier I saw a suspicious young (30s medium height) woman in a blue ball cap with a blue bag casually looking through mail boxes on our street... I challenged her through my den window (not about to get knifed) but she ignored me and scurried off to next house. I didn't think about it, but This matches up with the locations of the spiders webs... looks like we have some "blue" gang activity going on to release spider pollution in Our neighborhood. To reduce property values so they can "move in".....I have heard about this before, not about to lie down and let it happen here. Becareful please...

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Just imagine what the yuppie characters from Christmas Vacation would have posted on Nextdoor about the Griswolds.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Blue Gang In Our Neighborhood. Hi Neoghbors, Walking down the block tonight (just corner store), I ran into FIVE spider webs strands. Earlier I saw a suspicious young (30s medium height) woman in a blue ball cap with a blue bag casually looking through mail boxes on our street... I challenged her through my den window (not about to get knifed) but she ignored me and scurried off to next house. I didn't think about it, but This matches up with the locations of the spiders webs... looks like we have some "blue" gang activity going on to release spider pollution in Our neighborhood. To reduce property values so they can "move in".....I have heard about this before, not about to lie down and let it happen here. Becareful please...

What in the everloving gently caress?

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
Everyone knows random spider web threads reduce your property valued by tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars so the Crips can move in with their blue baseball hats.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

thats how the post office opens new locations, by spreading spiderwebs and lowering property values, then purchasing it. The post office is perpetually broke, how else do you expect them to do it?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
waht's your av from

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

hey all I think you need to see this important scam warning

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

you broke my grill posted:

hey all I think you need to see this important scam warning

This actually seems like a good use of the platform

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

Bird confusion strikes again

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

number 1 snake fan posted:

Bird confusion strikes again

Birds aren't real

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
Watch out - raccoon.

I was out on a run. Saw a raccoon starring at me poised and ready to attack from across the street. I turned around and slowly walked away. The raccoon then ran off.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

I moved a week and a half ago and my new local nextdoor is intensely boring. There are 5 posts since the first of the year, and 3 of them are notifications of new people joining.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Vim Fuego posted:

Watch out - raccoon.

I was out on a run. Saw a raccoon starring at me poised and ready to attack from across the street. I turned around and slowly walked away. The raccoon then ran off.

People like this are why I had to assert dominance over the neighborhood raccoons at a previous residence. They had figured out people were scared of them, so kind of ran rampant around the neighborhood. A bunch of them came in through my cat door and I was forced to disabuse them of the notion that everyone was scared of them with the aid of a cricket bat.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I should clarify that no raccoons were harmed in my asserting dominance. Stepping up on them and menacing them was sufficient to make them realize that maybe I was the wrong house to visit.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Elder Postsman posted:

I moved a week and a half ago and my new local nextdoor is intensely boring. There are 5 posts since the first of the year, and 3 of them are notifications of new people joining.

be the change you want to see

jemand
Sep 19, 2018

quote:

Good afternoon. My daughter is producing a project for her Advanced TV class and is in need of a local resident to interview on camera regarding the potential of a local cannabis dispensary.

The interviewee must be knowledgeable and be able to speak enthusiastically on the “pro/for” side of the issue.

The filming is scheduled for Monday afternoon. Please email me if you might be interested and I can provide more info.

Thank you for your consideration.

reply posted:

I won’t be a suitable choice, since I have not educated myself on this subject.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Moved Here. In 1987,,. had kids mow to acres -- fifteen bucks. now compny caals bck saysit 150$ theyv got big mowers behind even big truck, already have they their money they have mmoneys. D'pntunderstand why they charge so much since kid would do it!

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Chief McHeath posted:

Moved Here. In 1987,,. had kids mow to acres -- fifteen bucks. now compny caals bck saysit 150$ theyv got big mowers behind even big truck, already have they their money they have mmoneys. D'pntunderstand why they charge so much since kid would do it!

I can hear this in a relatives voice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Nextdoor is full of olds who think every post is an email to them, personally.