Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

nothing has made me more interested in seeing this film than this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

more like borigin story

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

i can't believe they're dal-makin' this movie!!!

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Dogs are the real villains

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

The Big Cycle (2021)

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

work from home has really put a dent in post-production stuff for movies & tv shows, lol, the cg looks amazingly bad?? what the gently caress is that upside down shot, also

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

They could just have had Cruella bitten by a dog and she would never let it go because she’s like the cruelest Karen but lmao no absolute evil characters are not allowed

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

josh04 posted:

....why

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

work from home has really put a dent in post-production stuff for movies & tv shows, lol, the cg looks amazingly bad?? what the gently caress is that upside down shot, also

this was set in motion before covid really, the vfx industry is a huge mess that was completely unprepared for the surge in demand for work that came with tv productions deciding they also needed to get the good stuff. every job is underbidded for and completed hours before (or sometimes after, lol Cats) the thing has to go out the door.

i prefer an insanely stupid movie over a boring one

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
My wife was interested in Cruella until I showed her the opening scene.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

josh04 posted:

i prefer an insanely stupid movie over a boring one

your avi tells a different story

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

justice league (2017) is an absolutely baffling movie in every regard though

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Astonishing how good it is at every level. Just wish that it was longer, or that the original director was able to come back and finish his work

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

I'm still shocked.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
I’d probably go Joker too if that’s how my mom died. How would you tell your classmates and coworkers that without them laughing their rear end off?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
a dalmatian dog pitched my mom off a cliff, that's why i'm all hosed up.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

oh okay this makes it alright she wants to kill puppies for their fur

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Somehow that's even worse than I would have expected

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

cgi animals have come a long way.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

lmao

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Honestly, she'd be much more relatable if her traumatic origin story was just that she saw an alternate-universe version of the cgi Cats movie where they're dogs.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

TeenageArchipelago posted:

Yeah. Just imagine what the US sending Dr Manhattan into Vietnam does to global politics

The most immediate result is that the US has a 51st state with a population of Vietnamese people twice as big as California, so that would probably change American politics pretty significantly.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
lol you think they’d be given representation

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

We're definitely gonna get a Thanos prequel within the next ten years.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Imagine four Dalmatians on the edge of a cliff

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

We're definitely gonna get a Thanos prequel within the next ten years.

when thanos was a child half the population of the universe killed his mom

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

vyelkin posted:

which begs the question, if 9/11 still happened in marvel superhero world, why did the thousands of superheroes who live in manhattan not go and stop 9/11?

The Boys comic actually covered this. The president shot one of the planes down and the Seven, the Justice League stand in, were so incompetent that they didn't stop the second plane from crashing into one of the buildings.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

nobody would care about 9/11 in a superhero universe for the same reason that irl americans stopped caring about shootings

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

I haven't watched the show yet but does homelander drop the n word like he does in the comic or nah

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

hes very problematic and stormfront is an out and out racist but theres obviously some sort of no slur rule

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
at this point I don’t even think there has to be a studio/producer rule, if I were Anthony Starr or Aya Cash I wouldn’t want to be on film saying it. for who, for what

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011

indigi posted:

lol you think they’d be given representation

vietnam being the 51st state was just a throwaway line in the watchmen comic. i think i read somewhere that alan moore didn't (doesn't?) know anything about US politics so he didn't really think about the ramifications of vietnam being a state vs. a territory or whatever

i do love the idea that the US owned vietnam so hard that it just went ahead and annexed it. it's what i would do in victoria 2

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Judakel posted:

leftism is doomed if it cannot tell trash from art

That seems kinda elitist and I suspect irl political organizing is gonna play a bigger factor than nerds arguing about genre poo poo, but sure maybe :shrug: rip the left, thought about chappie and died

i say swears online posted:

i'm about to watch the lighthouse with no spoilers :smugdon:

You're in for a treat, check out the vvitch if you liked it

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

once again, big ups to robert pattinson for telling WB to piss up a rope when they sent the steroid goblins to his house

Rob doesn't have time to train, he's too busy trying to invent hand-held pasta!

josh04 posted:

Curious how will it stack up against soccer dog 2: euro cup

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Blood Boils posted:

You're in for a treat, check out the vvitch if you liked it

The vvitch was really good. It got a lot of hate when it came out because people heard about the critical acclaim and got mad when it wasn't scaring them non-stop. gently caress the haters.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

this is like a leaked scene from a cancelled Clock Tower game or something, what the gently caress

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Stormfront calls an Asian character a "loving yellow bastard" but doesn't drop the n word or anything.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Good soup! posted:

this is like a leaked scene from a cancelled Clock Tower game or something, what the gently caress

I love how it feels like a hosed up Disney death but instead of the villain dying, it's the villain's mom and you're supposed to feel bad lmao

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Blood Boils posted:

That seems kinda elitist and I suspect irl political organizing is gonna play a bigger factor than nerds arguing about genre poo poo, but sure maybe :shrug: rip the left, thought about chappie and died

what if you enjoyed your baby movies as baby movies instead of insisting that they arent

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

We need to bring back hosed up Disney villain deaths. Not this MCU/Star Wars stuff. Bad guys almost always fell to death. The villain in Tarzan accidentally hung himself with vines.

Pongo should have just pushed Cruella off a cliff. Would have owned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Blood Boils posted:

irl political organizing

lmao