Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021
Yokohoma Budokan Title matches have been announced

Spoilers for the Ota Ward Cinderella Show ahead:

Mina Shirakawa v Unagi Sayaka - (vacant) Future of Stardom Championship

Saya Kamitani v Tam Nakano - Wonder of Stardom Championship

Natsuko Tora v Utami Hayashishita - World of Stardom Championship

Yokohoma Budokan show is on July 4th

═══════════════
Already looks better than Ota Ward Cinderella Show card and that show turned out to by real fun. Excited about that show.

FatBagzJones fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jun 16, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you got a good name and a good frame

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
When the TJPW girls did that cameo on a CBS drama, Shoko decided she liked stunt work and parkour a whole, whole lot so she's kept doing it since.

Also I'm still lmao'ing that episode of SWAT that featured TJPW got hire ratings than WWE has for over 10 years.

https://streamable.com/v8we6

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

How would I get a hold of that most recent Stardom PPV? I've never ordered one from them before.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom

TTBF posted:

How would I get a hold of that most recent Stardom PPV? I've never ordered one from them before.

Probably better to wait as they should put it up on Stardom World late Wednesday or Thursday

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

TTBF posted:

I'm not actually sure you can legally. Pia is down right now but if I remember right it was only available to purchase until today anyway. As Stall_19 says, it'll be uploaded to World in the next couple of days, or you could always go to BiliBili & search it for Stardom Cinderella & get a result.

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021

TTBF posted:

As far as I know live stream ppvs are Japan only due to the setup of the company they run it through. But ppv most of the times are uploaded to Stardom World within a week.
Also it has to do something woth payment processing. Japanese payment processors require a Japanese address and bank card.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

RealFoxy posted:

When the TJPW girls did that cameo on a CBS drama, Shoko decided she liked stunt work and parkour a whole, whole lot so she's kept doing it since.

Also I'm still lmao'ing that episode of SWAT that featured TJPW got hire ratings than WWE has for over 10 years.

https://streamable.com/v8we6

Let the Kaiju have an Uzi.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Oil! posted:

Let the Kaiju have an Uzi.
Miyu was just casually kicking the rear end of a SWAT team member for a couple of minutes until he played dirty, she doesn't even need an Uzi

The clip gets better when you slow it down because literally every TJPW roster member was in that scene. Neeko and Suzume were even there in plain clothes as on-lookers

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jun 15, 2021

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1405077585202089985

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Meltzer is probably giving the main event 5 stars based on how he's been talking about it. I've been surprised not to see more talk about it here

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Meltzer is probably giving the main event 5 stars based on how he's been talking about it. I've been surprised not to see more talk about it here

This board very much leans to a TJPW side of joshi much more than a Stardom side so I imagine a lot of people here didn't order the ppv and hadn't seen the match. You need to be quite a fan of a promotion to order a $40+ ppv.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

It's something I definitely want to watch, i've got the bilibili tab up, it's just theres so many other shows to watch for promotions i'm familiar with and I know i'll enjoy. Yesterday WU dropped 4 shows (2 DDT, 1 GanPro, 1TJPW) which along with live shows takes up pretty much all my spare time this week. It's the same thing with that AEW ppv from a couple of weeks ago, I know i'm just never going to make the time to actually watch it.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

SG Bamboo posted:

It's something I definitely want to watch, i've got the bilibili tab up, it's just theres so many other shows to watch for promotions i'm familiar with and I know i'll enjoy. Yesterday WU dropped 4 shows (2 DDT, 1 GanPro, 1TJPW) which along with live shows takes up pretty much all my spare time this week. It's the same thing with that AEW ppv from a couple of weeks ago, I know i'm just never going to make the time to actually watch it.

"There's too much good wrestling to watch it all" is a rare example of a Good Problem.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Yeah, I fully intend to watch it but I've got stuff from 2 months ago to watch.

At some point I probably need to cut another promotion down to the "only watch big shows" level but I can't decide which :(

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

The price of the ppv and it not being available on VOD or other places immediately after, made me not seek it out. I heard the pacing was amazing though.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

At today's SEAdLINNNG show they read out a statement from Yoshiko saying she won't be back for a while and dissolving her faction. She's stopped making TikToks too. Wonder what's up with her.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

That's a big blow, she was probably their standout performer last year, with all due respect to Nakajima & Asuka. And even this year before the injury she was in some kick rear end matches like when her & Sareee dropped the tag titles to Citrus Wind & the Mayu match.

Especially strange that she's given up the TikToks.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Lamuella posted:

"There's too much good wrestling to watch it all" is a rare example of a Good Problem.

its a great time to be a wrestling fan. So much actually good wrestling is accessible now.

I need to find out how to become a Miyacoco simp. I will watch anything where she's on the card.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

At today's SEAdLINNNG show they read out a statement from Yoshiko saying she won't be back for a while and dissolving her faction. She's stopped making TikToks too. Wonder what's up with her.

What reason was she originally out for?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Stall_19 posted:

What reason was she originally out for?

Rehabbing nagging injuries

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

coconono posted:

its a great time to be a wrestling fan. So much actually good wrestling is accessible now.

I need to find out how to become a Miyacoco simp. I will watch anything where she's on the card.

Miyako Matsumoto is one of my very favorite wrestlers of all time, and while her Gake no Fuchi/Miyacocofes/etc. shows are gloriously unhinged, honestly peak Miyacoco to me is when she's just in Ice Ribbon being a giant pain in everyone's rear end.

poo poo I just realized I haven't caught any of her Diana appearances from Golden Week this year yet.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

This looks like it will be a very fun show. 7PM tomorrow Japanese time (so I think 11AM UK time / 6AM EST?)

https://twitter.com/OBEYBrookes/status/1405185560734363650

Lineup:

Sakisama and Mei Saint-Michel vs Miyu Yamashita and Maki Itoh for the tag titles
Hikari Noa vs Marika Kobashi for the International Princess title
Mirai Maiumi vs Yuki Arai
Shoko Nakajima vs Kaya Toribami (first singles match for the birb)
Yuka Sakazaki & Mizuki vs Rika Tatsumi & Hyper Misao
Yuki Kamifuku & Nao Kakuta vs Miu Watanabe & Mahiro Kiryu
Nodoka Tenma & Yuki Aino & Raku & Pom Harajuku vs Suzume & Neko Haruna & Miyamoto Moka & Endo Arisu

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Johnny Landmine posted:

Miyako Matsumoto is one of my very favorite wrestlers of all time, and while her Gake no Fuchi/Miyacocofes/etc. shows are gloriously unhinged, honestly peak Miyacoco to me is when she's just in Ice Ribbon being a giant pain in everyone's rear end.

poo poo I just realized I haven't caught any of her Diana appearances from Golden Week this year yet.

I forgot about this but who ended up being her tag partner for that one tag match when Chris Brookes and Drew Parker rejected her?

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Meltzer is probably giving the main event 5 stars based on how he's been talking about it.

I was listening to WOR on moday and Dave was really praising Utami vs Syuri based on reviews he got from the fans, however Dave probably will watch match only now, since show on Stardom World.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Johnny Landmine posted:

both her Diana appearances are fun outings.

I did catch her tagteam with Danshuko Dino on Best Body's show(that also had Yunamon and Tokiko Kirihara of ChocoPro fame on the card) and that was great. Miyacoco uses Dino's obsession with molesting men to her advantage so she can do cutesy stuff. Not sure who Kazuhiko Yoshida is but he had a pretty sweet rear end.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

FatBagzJones posted:

I was listening to WOR on moday and Dave was really praising Utami vs Syuri based on reviews he got from the fans, however Dave probably will watch match only now, since show on Stardom World.

He's talked about it on three shows; the first was just the "I heard it was great" thing, then he reviewed it, then Alvarez did

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

TV Zombie posted:

I forgot about this but who ended up being her tag partner for that one tag match when Chris Brookes and Drew Parker rejected her?

I think it was Veny.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

Shigehiro Irie

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Here is the ARG match between Act Yasukawa and Tae Honma that happened last year for anyone wanting to see what Act can do in a singles match in 2020.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7uGHZQMxs4

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

https://twitter.com/mirai_tjpw/status/1405716967755943938

Bad news everyone, MSS48 has unfortunately dissolved due to a managerial crisis (they lacked a president since Takagi refused to join). If you, like Kamiyu, are tearing up at this developement, feel free to leave your favourite MSS48 memories in the replies.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

I liked the bit where they all wore the t-shirts.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Utami vs. Syuri got 5.5 snowflakes. First women's match to break the scale if I'm not mistaken.

Pylons fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Jun 18, 2021

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021
WON Ratings for Stardom Tokyo Dream Cinderella

Maika vs. Sayaka: 3*

Himeka vs. Kamitani: 3.75*

AZM & Natsupoi vs. Giulia & Nakano vs. Shirakawa & Watanabe: 3.25*

Kadokura & STARS vs. Oedo Tai: 4*

Kamitani vs. Maika: 4*

Syuri vs. Utami Hayashishita: 5.5*

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021
This saturdays (Jume 19th) Stardom show has great card, since it's on Stardoms scheduled page, show should be uploaded to Stardom World later.

1. Rina vs. Lady C
2. Mayu Iwatani, Koguma & Hanan vs. Natsuko Tora, Starlight Kid & Ruaka
3. Momo Watanabe vs. Hina
4. Giulia, Syuri & Maika vs. Konami, Saki Kashima & Fukigen Death★
5. Utami Hayashishita, Saya Kamitani & AZM vs. Tam Nakano, Unagi Sayaka & Mina Shirakawa

═══════════════
▴Stars vs OT should be fun, since it will be 2nd time when SK faces Mayu (first was this past Thursday but not sure will it be uploaded to World.
▴Also Intresting how they play Saya and Tam upcoming match and who will win this one main event.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

A fun twist on the "has to join rival stable" bit would be if SLK deliberately tried to get pinned by STARS whenever she was in the ring with one of them. Good teammate against other teams but blatantly sabotaging against her friends

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

That wouldn't be much of a babyface thing to do though.

I'm really interested in where the SLK in Oedo Tai thing is going. The first few shows with the tag matches are gonna be fascinating to watch. That was a really well done angle. Just look at how devastating they made losing Kid seem. Mayu was great here.

https://twitter.com/wwr_stardom/status/1405516476283379713

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021

Neodoomium posted:

A fun twist on the "has to join rival stable" bit would be if SLK deliberately tried to get pinned by STARS whenever she was in the ring with one of them. Good teammate against other teams but blatantly sabotaging against her friends

That would be Intresting. Also Natsu could cut pre match promos after SLK would take fall for Stars, and be telling "Last match you disappointed us, you better not gently caress up this time" or semthing like that.
And after every single time Kid helps Stars win, OT would punish her, like taking her outfit and replacing it with just black gear maybe even dirty one. Putting dog caller typically would be great, but since they already doing it with Yoneyama, I wouldn't do it with Kid.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

It isn't babyface but it would be funny and I am in favor of funny things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I know this is mostly a Tokyo Joshi thread but perchance has anyone seen any links to Ice Ribbon #1114? Coz it's not in any of the usual spots, I guess it wasn't a Nico Nico but on a different platform for some reason? Just wondering because It's the show where Thekla wins the Triangle Ribbon title & I'm putting together a list of all that poo poo that is available & I have a vague interest in catching up on so I know where I stand.