Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Mormon Nailer posted:

True, but this lady has three accounts with three different names, all the accounts talk to each other like they're different people, and the "feral cat colony" is actually a bunch of cats she adopted and dumped in her yard.

So we're trying to get a health check on all the animals and get her mental health services at this point. All of that information is new within the last two hours.

Oh. That does put a different spin on it. Thanks for trying to get her some help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
holy poo poo dumping male shoes is SO MURDERY

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

Jesus loving Christ, if the internet was a mistake then television definitely was.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

So some dude who dropped off what may just have been his wife's shoes into a donation box meant for such things, clearly a murderer who lusts for foot-death

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
my interpretation is that the box was, in fact, free to be taken; not a receptacle for donated shoes. And that the family who posted is a family of cats who have just received a much nicer cardboard box to live in

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Oh thank God they posted a description of a white man in a grey car, that'll really narrow it down

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

therobit posted:

Someone at Nextdoor made the regrettable decision that I should be a mod for my area. Interestingly they actually seem to be heading in a better direction. They have a bunch of articles and training they want you to read about bias and discussing controversial topics. They have expressly banned “whit lives matter” and related content, and ban “blue lives matter” and “all lives matter” when they are being used to denigrate or take away from the Black Lives Matter movement for racial justice ( their wording). I am actually impressed that they care that much.

what is their bitcoin/crypto "discussion" policy?

tsc
Jun 18, 2004
hostis humani generis

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

it was just a nuke, Samantha

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Thunder and Lighting?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Ups_rail posted:

Thunder and Lighting?

...lol

tsc
Jun 18, 2004
hostis humani generis

Ups_rail posted:

Thunder and Lighting?

Yup!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

To be fair, she's from Bakersfield, California so she's probably unfamiliar with weather that isn't scorching heat and endless burning sun.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
very very frightening

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

This is a long one, but it amused me.

A choice comment (of hers):

Really if I could screen cap the whole thread, I would. It's hilariously weird.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISXnYu-Or4w

Atillo
Jan 9, 2007

IT'S EXPLOSIONS

quote:

Explosions last night. We heard a couple of loud explosions at Schofields around 1.00am the night of 2-3 June. Does anyone know anything?

IT'S GUNSHOTS

quote:

I heard them too and I thought they sounded like gun shots, I was wondering if I was dreaming though, guess I wasn’t. I’m located at The Ponds.

It's fireworks

quote:

Apparently someone put a firework into a full bin on Grange st.

IT'S GELIGNITE

quote:

Must have been a mighty big firework - more likely half a stick of gelignite!

It's aliens?

quote:

I heard them too at The Ponds. I am not sure what the date was anymore, but I heard 5 very loud bangs that were one after the other, then 2 more about 30 seconds later. It woke me up and I checked the time was 2am.I was waiting to hear police sirens, but nothing? Not even someone driving away fast. The entire suburb was silent. It did seem to sound like it was gun shots to me and sounded like it was a few streets away at least from Ridgeline Dr. Maybe it was coming from the sky, since it was heard over quite a far distance? There are weird sounds coming from the sky in countries all over the world?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Ups_rail posted:

what is their bitcoin/crypto "discussion" policy?

Unless it was discussion on which local businesses accept cryptocurrency it would probably get removed.

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

That laundry person is unhinged but i used to have neighbors that would use 4x the amount of heavily-scented detergent AND a scent booster and the exhaust from it would make me super sick, even with the windows closed and air filter on high. Fragrance allergies really suck :(

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit

Ups_rail posted:

Thunder and Lighting?

Mmm nope. I don't buy it.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

number 1 snake fan posted:

That laundry person is unhinged but i used to have neighbors that would use 4x the amount of heavily-scented detergent AND a scent booster and the exhaust from it would make me super sick, even with the windows closed and air filter on high. Fragrance allergies really suck :(

The laundry person is very very completely sane. Those chemicals are noxious. The worst new smells lately though are the fragranced garbage bags. I can smell those things through their boxes in the store aisles, and they are violence.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Prophet of Nixon posted:

The laundry person is very very completely sane. Those chemicals are noxious. The worst new smells lately though are the fragranced garbage bags. I can smell those things through their boxes in the store aisles, and they are violence.

Okay, I sympathized with the laundry thing, but I have to chime in to agree that scented garbage bags are a loving plague. It's become difficult to find ones that AREN'T horrible chemical weapons.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

spinst posted:

This is a long one, but it amused me.

A choice comment (of hers):

Really if I could screen cap the whole thread, I would. It's hilariously weird.

Chemical sensitivities are real and bad, scented products aren't going to be abolished though. Like in new buildings there has to be one wheelchair accessible ramp, we don't abolish all staircases just because they make life harder for some people -- and old buildings are grandfathered in so they aren't required to have any wheelchair accommodations at all. Wheelchairs and walkers are a disability the business can see, an invisible disability is much less likely to receive any kind of accommodation.

This lady seems super sensitive if someone using Tide 5 houses away can trigger her sensitivities. At some point you have to just stop breathing unfiltered air entirely. There is adaptive equipment available to help.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

We don’t use scented laundry products because they aggravate our daughter’s eczema when the clothes laundered with them touch her skin for prolonged periods of time. It is surprising how loving strong that stuff smells when you aren’t used to it. It also covers up the smell of unclean clothes really well. Most people use too much soap for the newer washing machines and it doesn’t wash out all the way with the meager amount of water HE machines use.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

therobit posted:

We don’t use scented laundry products because they aggravate our daughter’s eczema when the clothes laundered with them touch her skin for prolonged periods of time. It is surprising how loving strong that stuff smells when you aren’t used to it. It also covers up the smell of unclean clothes really well. Most people use too much soap for the newer washing machines and it doesn’t wash out all the way with the meager amount of water HE machines use.

I started avoiding scented laundry products because I was concerned about them aggravating my eczema, and I have also noticed that the scented stuff is really, really strongly scented. If I have to use it I'll double rinse, and will double rinse if I think the soap load might have been a little high.

The whole perception that perfume=clean is a triumph of marketing and little else.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

CaptainSarcastic posted:

The whole perception that perfume=clean is a triumph of marketing and little else.

Most of humanity, from around 4th century BCE to around 1850, thought that all diseases were caused by foul odors. Of course people are going to think that perfume=clean. Those plague doctors weren’t stuffing their masks with dried smelly stuff because they were being marketed to

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I started avoiding scented laundry products because I was concerned about them aggravating my eczema, and I have also noticed that the scented stuff is really, really strongly scented. If I have to use it I'll double rinse, and will double rinse if I think the soap load might have been a little high.

We add a tablespoon or so of vinegar to each load to suds it up a little better. We often use a double rinse and sometimes we re wash if something smells after washing, but when you think about how with the perfumes you’d just wear stuff that hadn’t come clean because you can’t tell it’s a little gross.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

POWER outage why?

Power has been out for 45 minutes now (I am posting this with my "Cell" phone) and I don't know why?? It was storming earlier in the day but not now, can we get this fixed? Eric and I are trying out our "slow cooker" for the first time. Chicken and Potatoes - YUMMY!

Is this a side effect of our lazy do-nothing Governor focusing too much on "June-teenth" and not enough on inferstructure??? Stop the extra $300 for unemployed - GET THEM TO FIX THE POWER HERE!!!!!!

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Imagine calling the police because you saw a man put ladies shoes into a donation box. Mind your loving business.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

A Fancy Hat posted:

POWER outage why?

Power has been out for 45 minutes now (I am posting this with my "Cell" phone) and I don't know why?? It was storming earlier in the day but not now, can we get this fixed? Eric and I are trying out our "slow cooker" for the first time. Chicken and Potatoes - YUMMY!

Is this a side effect of our lazy do-nothing Governor focusing too much on "June-teenth" and not enough on inferstructure??? Stop the extra $300 for unemployed - GET THEM TO FIX THE POWER HERE!!!!!!

Disturbingly close to some actual Nextdoor posts I’ve seen.

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

I do feel the scent lady to some degree. I am an eczema haver and use unscented everything. I spent all of last week with a swollen eyelid because my face didn't like some ingredient in the eye cream I had bought. Laundry lady just goes too far/too hard.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

kntfkr posted:

Imagine calling the police because you saw a man put ladies shoes into a donation box. Mind your loving business.

Well, we can't ignore that there's an entire cottage industry of media devoted specifically to making suburban women terrified.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

LanceHunter posted:

Well, we can't ignore that there's an entire cottage industry of media devoted specifically to making suburban women terrified.

I'd hesitate to call it cottage when I'm pretty sure it's a multi billion dollar market.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
It's like when rich people have a giant vacation home that they call "the cottage"

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Cottage industries can underpin entire economies, it's a general term for artisan production in the home or small places of business instead of industrial production in a factory or large offices.

It's murky though because it's hard to tell these days whether you're dealing with artisan poo poo posts from your compatriots homes or industrial poo poo posts from an office block in east Europe.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Atillo posted:

IT'S EXPLOSIONS

IT'S GUNSHOTS

It's fireworks

IT'S GELIGNITE

It's aliens?

Sums up how things are gonna be for the next few weeks

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

kntfkr posted:

Imagine grieving for your dead wife and going through the painful process of sorting and donating all her effects and then some fucker accuses you of being a serial killer.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Drunk Nerds posted:

Imagine grieving for your dead wife and going through the painful process of sorting and donating all her effects and then some fucker accuses you of being a serial killer.

And they're like gleeful about it. Very excited. These people want to see serial killers because they are bored and stupid and really there's not much to do around here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
They bagged the shoes for evidence. Evidence of what? :psyduck: