Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Pierce + Freikugel unlocked…time to destroy the cycle of rebirth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
This remaster is really well done. I hope it sells well and they see there’s a market for a DDS and Raidou collection.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Demikids on switch when?

But also I would buy remasters of DDS and Raidou

Or a 3rd Raidou. How about that Atlus

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

A full remake of Raidou 1&2 in the vein of the Odin Sphere remake where they completely overhaul the combat is my only remaining dream game. But I'd still play a port lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I still need to play both raidou games and I did just plug in my PS3 again...

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

I still need to play both raidou games and I did just plug in my PS3 again...

It's fuckin ridiculous they only digitally released them & DDS on ps3

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

def gonna play raidou after I finish nocturne, I've started raidou 1 twice and enjoyed it but then got sidetracked by some new release or something. Maybe after SMTV I'll dig into raidou 1+2 finally.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/lowpolyrobot/status/1407204226502176772?s=21

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Cycle of rebirth ended. I love this loving game.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

NickRoweFillea posted:

Cycle of rebirth ended. I love this loving game.

:cheers: it's amazing how well this game still holds up in the grand scheme of things. I was gonna go for a 100% run but you need to see every ending and I got other games to play

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

:cheers: it's amazing how well this game still holds up in the grand scheme of things. I was gonna go for a 100% run but you need to see every ending and I got other games to play

Cheers pal. The press turn system really is a great JRPG battle system.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sakahagi didn't even have a turn against me lol. My squad is too powerful.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

You can fuse demons into Sonic the Hedgehog now. Troubling

https://d2-megaten-l.sega.com/en/sp/news/detail/088078.html

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.
Can anyone explain how the Maniax DLC works, is it good, is it bad, I think you need to start a new game if you didn't already have it?? Atlus' DLC poo poo sucks so bad at explaining itself ps: I got the Switch version

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

tripwood posted:

Can anyone explain how the Maniax DLC works, is it good, is it bad, I think you need to start a new game if you didn't already have it?? Atlus' DLC poo poo sucks so bad at explaining itself ps: I got the Switch version

It just changes Raidou to Dante from the Devil May Cry series.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

tripwood posted:

quote:

Adds a mode where Raidou Kuzunoha is replaced by none other than Dante of Devil May Cry fame.

That's all it does

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

do Raidou and Dante from the Devil May Cry series actually have different stats etc or is it just a reskin

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

do Raidou and Dante from the Devil May Cry series actually have different stats etc or is it just a reskin

Looks like they have the same stats/resists but different skills.

Rabid Boar
Apr 16, 2020

Soon, all of you will feel my hate, and suffer as I have suffered!
They're exactly the same stat-wise and almost all of their skills are same with different names/animations. The only difference I can see is Dante's Rebellion deals Medium damage while Raidou's Enter Yoshitsune deals heavy damage.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Dante’s Iconic Medium-Damage Rebellion

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sub-Actuality posted:

Dante’s Iconic Medium-Damage Rebellion

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

is the Chronicle pack automatically included in the switch version??

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1502940/Shin_Megami_Tensei_III_Nocturne_HD_Remaster__Chronicle_Pack/

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Yeah. It's free DLC on the Steam version in the west so they can sell it in South Korea because Raidou wears an early 20th century Japanese uniform

It's included automatically on PS4 and Switch

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Quick breakdown is this:

Chronicle Mode - Free, comes with Raidou
Maniax Mode - Paid, comes with Dante

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

usually i tend to hang onto my demons until they've learned all their skills before fusing them but the levelling curve for demons seems really, really, really slow in nocturne?? what do you guys do about this

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
The other thing about the maniax/chronicle DLC is that without either, you play the vanilla version of Nocturne which I believe doesn't have the fiends, the labyrinth of Amala, and an ending. I think the PC version is the only way to experience this, if you wanted to for whatever reason lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

tripwood posted:

usually i tend to hang onto my demons until they've learned all their skills before fusing them but the levelling curve for demons seems really, really, really slow in nocturne?? what do you guys do about this

I always try to use them in my active party but if they ever fuse into something better I get rid of them asap. Don't forget to register everyone in the compendium before doing that tho

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I will level up demons I've recruited recently if I see a useful skill in the next slot, but I have kind of a core of 5 powerful dudes I've been fusing up over the whole game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also I love when demons evolve, very exciting

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

Also I love when demons evolve, very exciting

Oh yeah always level up demons that "show signs of change" cos that's the only way to get the evolved demon

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

I will level up demons I've recruited recently if I see a useful skill in the next slot, but I have kind of a core of 5 powerful dudes I've been fusing up over the whole game.

This. I leveled one because I saw he'd get Dekaja but I'm fusing him ASAP.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

This. I leveled one because I saw he'd get Dekaja but I'm fusing him ASAP.

I finally got dekaja when demifiend learned it, I probably coulda had it way earlier...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Oh yeah always level up demons that "show signs of change" cos that's the only way to get the evolved demon

I got a evolved Setanta that also evolved a counter skill into a Heavy Physical version of counter, plus lots of other good physical skills that absolutely whoops rear end.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

chatterskull gives dekaja but 1) recruiting chatterskull sucks rear end and 2) i think its his last skill so you'd have to level him up. probably an easy way to get dekaja before matador though

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

I finally got dekaja when demifiend learned it, I probably coulda had it way earlier...

I got rid of endure for dekaja this time and I think I prefer its utility over the 1 time chance to survive at 1hp. Once your demons start learning debilitate you can start phasing out fog breath/war cry in favor of buffs for demifiend. And if he knows dekaja you're pretty much made in the shade.

Dekunda helps too obviously but it seems more situational

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Oh and a good early-mid game strat is Taunt then Dekaja which removes the attack boost from taunt, leaving everyone with -2def

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Berith learns it on his first level up and you can recruit him in the Obelisk.

Knives and Hot Dust
Feb 21, 2010

metal gear??!?

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I think there is one you can get by recruiting, Queen Mab. High Pixie evolves into her at like lvl 56 or something and her last skill is like learnt at lvl 15 lol

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Honestly, to cut down on the grind, don’t be afraid to use the DLC area and get some thick grimoires. Use those to level up the demons you want to get some new skills or evolve.

And yeah, what synthy said: make sure you register your finalized demons!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knives and Hot Dust
Feb 21, 2010

metal gear??!?
The dlc dungeons ruin the difficulty curve I don't recommend them unless you're playing on hard.