Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Still waiting on the Mineta redemption arc. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I guess I should get a twitter account at some point since apparently Horikoshi uses fleets. Someone on a discord server I'm in said he posted FF9 fanart this morning because he's apparently a huge fan of FF9 and was excited about the announced anime adaptation.

One of the twitter accounts that just reposts his art caught them.

https://twitter.com/Horikoshi_Art/status/1407673023793045509?s=20
https://twitter.com/Horikoshi_Art/status/1407626257970327562?s=20

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Okay, i feel old now. Whats a 'fleet'?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Okay, i feel old now. Whats a 'fleet'?
A temporary tweet that disappears after some period of time. You can't repost/quote them either.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Why though?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
:shrug:

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Because every other social media platform does it too. Even LinkedIn.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Horikoshi with the good taste

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I literally just heard about the upcoming FF9 animated series thanks to this tweet (apparently it’s not an anime though but rather a French made production).

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I heard about it the other day; hope it turns out good. IX was always my favorite of the games.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Do we have a release date for it yet out of curiosity (or know where/on what platform it’s going to be airing for that matter)?

Edit: Nevermind, doesn’t seem like the show is even going to start production until late this year at the earliest

Larryb fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jun 23, 2021

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
https://w26.readheroacademia.com/manga/boku-no-hero-academia-chapter-318/

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Deku, wash your costume.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
No time!

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Izuku's dark night of the soul's got the point across, had some cool poo poo without overstaying its welcome. Good stuff. I wasn't too keen on the current state of things going into this but I'm turning around on it as this arc proceeds.

GruntMountain
Jul 17, 2017

:smith:

This has to be one of the calmest expressions we've seen him have.

Seems we'll see the rest of Deku's friends next week, as the thread predicted.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

GruntMountain posted:

Seems we'll see the rest of Deku's friends next week, as the thread predicted.

The last page says no chapter next week, coming back July 12

So did the second OfA user somehow lead Bakugou to Deku, or is this just a coincidence? We still haven't seen his quirk.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Did bakugou just murder that guy

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Bakugo is simply so angry his face stopped working, is all.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Guts, please enjoy your new tiny elf companion.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

:allears:

Also hot drat, about drat time Bakugo learned how to have actual eyes instead of Rival Eyes

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
First Deku turns into a shadow demon and now Bakugo doesn't look like he's about to murder somebody. Things really are going topsy-turvy.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Supersonic Shine posted:

First Deku turns into a shadow demon and now Bakugo doesn't look like he's about to murder somebody. Things really are going topsy-turvy.

Eagerly awaiting a scene of Bakugo over-analysing a situation while muttering to himself.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Supersonic Shine posted:

Next chapter Bakugou will offer Deku a hand and he will knock it away in anger.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

jassa posted:

Eagerly awaiting a scene of Bakugo over-analysing a situation while muttering to himself.

I personally look forward to hearing Daiki Yamashita/Justin Briner and Nobuhiko Okamoto/Clifford Chapin’s performances when this part is eventually adapted into the anime

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I can’t wait for Deku’s inevitable costume change

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Anyone else notice how we've kind of circled back around to the old creepy prototype Deku costume?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Rhonne posted:

Anyone else notice how we've kind of circled back around to the old creepy prototype Deku costume?

Donnie Deku

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Anyone else feeling like Deku kind of looks like a Nomu? The mask is seriously giving me the vibe.

And come to think of it, both One For All and Nomus are basically tools created by All For One to hold multiple quirks, right?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The Bee posted:

Anyone else feeling like Deku kind of looks like a Nomu? The mask is seriously giving me the vibe.

And come to think of it, both One For All and Nomus are basically tools created by All For One to hold multiple quirks, right?

Well yes, but this comparison is outright made by characters in the story in both the last chapter and this one.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

The Bee posted:

the profile of the mask is an All Might smile in that one panel

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

NEW VIGILANTES!

Koichi :ohdear:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Took me a second to parse what happened with that full page of Pop followed by Koichi's Shooty-Go-Blam missing. I had totally forgotten he subconsciously won't let himself hit people with it.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I wonder if Koichi's next upgrade is going to be an instinctual forcefield type deal

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Koichi is a good boy. :unsmith:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Koichi is a good boy. :unsmith:

I loved seeing him bust out the fake surrender move he used in the first chapter.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Koichi I just wanna hug ya my dude

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

so what are we expecting here? Deku vs. Class 1-A? Deku vs. Bakugo Round 3? however it goes I'm excited to see how it plays out. this current arc has been very good

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Carlosologist posted:

so what are we expecting here? Deku vs. Class 1-A? Deku vs. Bakugo Round 3? however it goes I'm excited to see how it plays out. this current arc has been very good

I think Round 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Nah, 1-A's definitely involved. Bakugo's speaking like he's in direct communication with them. At most there'll be a quick fight that's just the two of them, but 1-A's absolutely gonna show up promptly.