Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pasketti
Nov 8, 2017

lick lick lick

Ratjaculation posted:

Missing dog. My dog is missing.
Someone in my building has taken my dog. Help!
sorry mine now

Mormon Nailer posted:

This is wholesome, please update on the dog walks and old lady friendship.
Old Jewish lady of mysteriously accented origin that was stoic at first but warmed up after I showed off my cute husband

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Please don’t. He’s a goon, it will start with him offering to build her a computer “for free,” meaning just the cost of parts, which she doesn’t understand because she’s an old lady and doesn’t get how it went from “for free” to hundreds of dollars, and then it will end with him clogging her toilet and then making a giant mess in her bathroom when he tries to “fix” it, at which point she demands he leave before she calls the cops.

I'm a :females:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

Pasketti posted:

Old Jewish lady of mysteriously accented origin that was stoic at first but warmed up after I showed off my cute husband

This is adorable! Congratulations on making friends AND getting dog time!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Oh.

Well, you’ll probably do fine then.

Carry on. :golfclap:

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

I had to google this Lake Shore Drive thing to see why boomers on social media would be so mad about tacking on the name of the city’s founder to a major road and yep, sure enough… They would have hardly noticed or cared about the change except it’s honoring a black man so it’s automatically :byodood: tHiS pOliTiCal ClimAtE and a terrible government overreach that impacts their lives negatively somehow and they should have been able to gleefully vote against.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Ralph Hurley posted:

I had to google this Lake Shore Drive thing to see why boomers on social media would be so mad about tacking on the name of the city’s founder to a major road and yep, sure enough… They would have hardly noticed or cared about the change except it’s honoring a black man so it’s automatically :byodood: tHiS pOliTiCal ClimAtE and a terrible government overreach that impacts their lives negatively somehow and they should have been able to gleefully vote against.

Every loving time

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It does seem unwieldy to tack a name onto a street name rather than just like, change it. But yeah, they give the game away.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

They frame it like their complaint is it’s changing something iconic that “didn’t need fixing” but you know drat well if they had tacked on the name Mike Ditka or Harry Caray they would have loving loved it.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Pasketti posted:

You're wasting my time with dog pics when they could be cute husband pics?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

ffs, I had this idea for a satirical post and then this fucker just comes along and does it for real

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

LSD IS DRUGS, that is why there are SO MANY gunshots at night, because of all the druggies looking to get "high" on LSD.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

cripes, the loving inanity

tsc
Jun 18, 2004
hostis humani generis

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

Hi Maria. What are you doing Sunday? Want to blow up some fireworks?

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

I have bad news, Maria.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
My Next Door recently had a posted pointing out that the bus drivers for the county school district are much lower paid than those of surrounding counties. They included an email to contact the school district and the thread turned into basically organizing a pressure campaign on the school district to up their pay. I was loving shocked...

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
loving "Lake Shore Drive" too. It's like getting mad at them renaming "Main Street". The most generic descriptor possible, we love this road how dare you give it a real name.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Come get some sauces. :burger:

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Come get some sauces. :burger:

No Kranch? Thats hosed up

ausgezeichnet
Sep 18, 2005

In my country this is definitely not offensive!
Nap Ghost

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It does seem unwieldy to tack a name onto a street name rather than just like, change it. But yeah, they give the game away.

The city council wanted to name it Jean Baptiste Point du Sable Drive, but DuSable Lake Shore Drive was the compromise. IDGAF.

ausgezeichnet
Sep 18, 2005

In my country this is definitely not offensive!
Nap Ghost
I really like the cut of this Dude's jib and want to meet the other Dem-leaner in my Chuddy little town. Nextdoor here is a loving parody in reality.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

ausgezeichnet posted:

I really like the cut of this Dude's jib and want to meet the other Dem-leaner in my Chuddy little town. Nextdoor here is a loving parody in reality.

I hope someone did the needful and posted more art dicks for that bottom person's enjoyment

Luxrage
Jan 2, 2017

I have no idea what I'm doing!

My Nextdoor's Town Lead posted:

>> Theft! ( It's garden season ) To the TUNE of COPS, "bad squirrel, bad squirrel, what you gonna do"... "All SQUIRRELS pictured here are presumed INNOCENT until proven guilty in your own backyard garden". .
My grandparents used "a Chicken wire fence" around their garden... to "GUARD their GARDEN" from rabbit, deer, raccoon, birds and squirrel... and of course their own free-range CHICKENS. ( Sometimes a "Garden Owl" or "Scare Crow" will work... sometimes they won't, especially when you see birds resting on them... )

Tomatoes & other GARDEN garden produce have MOISTURE... on a HOT DAY.

... looks like you (MAY or MAY NOT) have been the ONLY ONE looking at that "ripening TOMATO" ... if it was a squirrel, he probably watched you water the plant at some point this spring...

No proof if it were a squirrel... but a critter of some sort would make sense.

>> ( Theft! of Tomato from plant... It upsets me to think someone was even in my backyard!!! )

REFERENCE: ((A nextdoor link I removed))

>> Theft! I have lived in my exceptionally quiet neighborhood for over twenty years now. This spring I decided to plant a couple of tomato plants and I have watched them anxiously waiting for my first tomato. I was out watering them yesterday and saw I had one almost ready to pick. This morning I looked out & saw the plant was leaning so went to straighten it back up & someone had stolen my tomato! It’s strange because my plants are in the backyard and not visible form the front at all. It upsets me to think someone was even in my backyard!!!

This is our nextdoor town lead and instead of replying to people's posts he makes huge ones of his own and includes the person's post on the bottom. There's another huge one about 4th of July, feel free to not read it to save yourself some braincells:

Edit: Actually reading that second post it's just a direct copy-paste from some article so it's not worth posting.

Luxrage fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jun 29, 2021

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
that is an impressive intentional misunderstanding

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
The person who types like they're crazy is probably right though, it was a squirrel or rabbit not someone walking into their yard to steal a single small tomato.

I used to be roommates with an otherwise totally normal, sane person who thought the neighbors were putting pieces of stale bread on their bumper. I told them it was probably a squirrel and they never totally believed that until they walked outside to see a squirrel eating bread on their bumper then put it down and run off.

GokuGoesSSj69 fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Jun 29, 2021

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
Different fireworks thread than the guy who launched missiles at Syria.

quote:

I agree. And my dog does not like fireworks or thunder but she just goes behind my TV stand and endures it. Could never get a thunder shirt on her.

What is a thunder shirt? https://thundershirt.com/ this is getting weird can anyone say if this is a real thing or some kind of pseudoscience?

Oh yeah and also that person was comparing their dog to war vets here's the original post that was responding to.

quote:

They don’t bother me at all but my heart does go out to war vets and those with PTSD who have to listen to it

GokuGoesSSj69 fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Jun 29, 2021

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

Different fireworks thread than the guy who launched missiles at Syria.

What is a thunder shirt? https://thundershirt.com/ this is getting weird can anyone say if this is a real thing or some kind of pseudoscience?

Oh yeah and also that person was comparing their dog to war vets here's the original post that was responding to.

No those are real things. Just a compression shirt for dogs to help with anxiety. For some dogs they work great, other dogs absolutely will not tolerate them. Just depends on their temperament if it works or not. If you’ve got a dog that freaks out and panics when they hear fireworks, thunder shirts are absolutely worth trying before you go to the vet and ask for sedatives

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
if you put clothes on a cat it goes all rag doll like a hippie getting arrested at a protest.

Would recommend

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Milo and POTUS posted:

if you put clothes on a cat it goes all rag doll like a hippie getting arrested at a protest.

Would recommend

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017

quote:

Lost Kitty. Anyone see an orange longhair Kitty with a pink collar and our phone number on the heart, please call. We desperately want her back

quote:

She’s back!! She smelled like a garage so I think she got trapped in someone’s garage

Glad they found their cat but still pretty judgmental of where their cat spends its time.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

The person who types like they're crazy is probably right though, it was a squirrel or rabbit not someone walking into their yard to steal a single small tomato.

I used to be roommates with an otherwise totally normal, sane person who thought the neighbors were putting pieces of stale bread on their bumper. I told them it was probably a squirrel and they never totally believed that until they walked outside to see a squirrel eating bread on their bumper then put it down and run off.

Every once in a while, someone on Nextdoor goes nuts because they find a mutilated rabbit or just a rabbit head in their yard and automatically assume it’s someone threatening them.

We live in an area where there’s hawks, owls, foxes, coyotes, etc., but of course the most likely culprit is someone’s cat.

Pasketti
Nov 8, 2017

lick lick lick

Pasketti posted:

I joined nextdoor because of this thread to snoop for drama and find content for this thread but instead I got a gig walking a dog for an old lady in my building :confuoot:

Forgive me for the off-topic post but I had a dream last night that I went to walk this dog for my neighbor and he suddenly had super strength and totally wrecked my rear end.
Do I make a post to nextdoor about dream-terrorism?

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

ausgezeichnet posted:

The city council wanted to name it Jean Baptiste Point du Sable Drive, but DuSable Lake Shore Drive was the compromise. IDGAF.

That's a shame. I really want to hear my average fellow American try to pronounce "Jean Baptiste Point du Sable".

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Pasketti posted:

Forgive me for the off-topic post but I had a dream last night that I went to walk this dog for my neighbor and he suddenly had super strength and totally wrecked my rear end.
Do I make a post to nextdoor about dream-terrorism?

I knew those eyes were staring directly thru to the soul

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

gleebster posted:

That's a shame. I really want to hear my average fellow American try to pronounce "Jean Baptiste Point du Sable".

I don't know if you're in Chicagoland, but people here pronounce Des Plaines like "Dez planes"

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I pronounce Detroit as De-twah

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

kntfkr posted:

I pronounce Detroit as De-twah

Detroiters love butchering French.

Gratiot
Dequindre
Charlevoix
Livernois
Dix

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
There's a Versailles outside of Pittsburgh that's pronounced Vur-sales. I've also always found the NJ/DE Newark thing funny. People like me say "N'rk" and people in Delaware say "New Ark", as if there's an Old Ark.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
It's not my Kansas, it's not your Kansas, it's Arkansas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

A friend of mine shared this one to their Instagram. Stay safe Glitter Person.