Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Larryb posted:

I wonder if Vigilantes is going to end with Koichi getting at least a provisional license and becoming a full fledged hero (if he doesn’t wind up dead in the process that is), kid’s more than earned it at this point in my opinion.

In the vein of 'things that will never happen but I hope so hard', I'm hoping that Koichi took a sabbatical to hang out with Captain Celeb in America for some reason, and pops up as a sidekick in the main series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
It could certainly still be a coincidence but it stood out to me that the repeated line over Bakugo at the end is said by the previous holder who looks suspiciously similar.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Sindai posted:

It could certainly still be a coincidence but it stood out to me that the repeated line over Bakugo at the end is said by the previous holder who looks suspiciously similar.

Deku died in chapter 1 and Bakugo has to relive a thousand lives trying to find a way to save him.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
His desire to save his friend grew so great he learned how to explode space-time.

Qualia the Bakugo

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Arist posted:

The thing I'm really interested in about Vigilantes at the moment is that now that the story has brought back to the forefront Koichi's inability to hit a person with Shooty-Go-Blam, I don't think there's any way this all ends with him managing to do it successfully. At the very least, I don't think that resolution would be very good. I'm really curious to see how this concludes now, it's pretty exciting that Vigilantes' big climax is all about defending someone and even the violence is in service of that instead of massive spectacle. Koichi's getting stronger, sure, but it's always in the moment to protect someone, never for its own sake.

2 O'Clock mentioned in the last chapter that more than half his body is made of bomb cells, so at this point I'm expecting Koichi to keep finding ways to counter him and ruin his plans without hurting him until he gets so mad that he just blows himself up in order to take everyone out(and Koichi still finds a way to get everyone out of danger)

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

I know it's not really the point of the chapter but I wanna see more of that Sharkman from page 8. Horikoshi is so aggravatingly good at background characters that look cool as gently caress and only appear for one panel.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Blockhouse posted:

lol at the new OP being named Everything Will Be Alright

No! No it really won't! In fact this is about the point it stops being alright!

yeah, the new op has such dark implications in the context of where the manga is now

also after learning about lady nagant's whole deal, it retroactively makes more sense why dabi would put any kind of trust in hawks when he says he's ready to take radical action to overthrow the current order

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
"Trust".

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
King Explodo-Kill will make everything better.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Looking at the OP for this part of the anime, there's a split second frame with Yamada, Aizawa, and the cat from Vigilantes. I wonder if this means we'll get their interrogation of Kurogiri at the tail end of the season

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Present Mic brought up Shirakumo earlier this season so very likely

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Okay, I've been reading through Manga Plus because it was officially the app for the EU, and as far as I was aware the Shonen Jump subscription was US only, but nope, I could just sign up and read through the entire backlog in the SJ app this whole time. What the hell is Manga Plus even for? It doesn't even have Vigilantes!

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Okay, I've been reading through Manga Plus because it was officially the app for the EU, and as far as I was aware the Shonen Jump subscription was US only, but nope, I could just sign up and read through the entire backlog in the SJ app this whole time. What the hell is Manga Plus even for? It doesn't even have Vigilantes!
I dunno how much the Viz app is restricted, but I am fairly sure Viz's Jump website is inaccessible to various locales where MangaPlus isn't.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Is there both no chapter and no episode this week?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Nope. Not even a new Vigilantes this week.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Anime is cancelled

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
They got the week off for independence day. Hope they're taking it easy and enjoying some freshly grilled burgers and hot dogs.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Rhonne posted:

Nope. Not even a new Vigilantes this week.

Any particular reason why all things MHA related are on hiatus this week?

There was a new One Piece so clearly it doesn’t apply to every manga/anime.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

All Might wanted a cold one with the boys.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Larryb posted:

Any particular reason why all things MHA related are on hiatus this week?

There was a new One Piece so clearly it doesn’t apply to every manga/anime.

There was an event scheduled at the same time as MHA's anime. Meanwhile, the manga had a scheduled break so Horikoshi wouldn't go nearly killing himself like he did with the Yakuza arc.

Basically, just a coincidence of timing.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Also mha is gonna have color pages three weeks in a row after this week I think

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
https://w26.readheroacademia.com/manga/boku-no-hero-academia-chapter-319/

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Good chapter imo.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

This... is the good poo poo

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Bakugo is cool as hell?? This is some development

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Bakugo actually wearing his school uniform properly, tie and all, is pretty cursed.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Bakugo actually wearing his school uniform properly, tie and all, is pretty cursed.

Isn't his mom at UA now? I bet that's why.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Deku sucks!!!!!!

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Shinjobi posted:

Deku sucks!!!!!!

That boy needs a shower and a hug from his mom

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

It's funny. I remember watching MHA for the first time and hearing All Might's "Nothing is nobler than self-sacrifice" line and thinking it was a little :yikes: . Not the intended sentiment All Might wanted to get across, mind you, but the underlying unintended implication that discouraged self-preservation. Particularly for someone like Deku who had little sense of self-worth.

I didn't think the story would actually turn that into a character arc of showing exactly why that mentality was bad.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

One thing I noticed at the end there, Bakugo's costume looks all banged up and I think he's still bandaged up from when All For One stabbed him. He's going into this fight injured.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Rhonne posted:

One thing I noticed at the end there, Bakugo's costume looks all banged up and I think he's still bandaged up from when All For One stabbed him. He's going into this fight injured.
I still think a fun character addition to Bakugou would just to give him some non-descript permanent-but-still-some-how-not-dibilitating injury that just makes him cough up blood like All Might when he gets agitated. It'd be a funny spin on Bakugou/Midoriya being the different parts of All Might, but Bakugou somehow getting the blood coughing injury instead of glass-bones Midoriya.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I hope Deku just flattens class A because it’s pretty insanely bad of them to dogpile their friend when he’s tired and injured

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

TheKingofSprings posted:

I hope Deku just flattens class A because it’s pretty insanely bad of them to dogpile their friend when he’s tired and injured

Actually it's cool cause trying to be a Sasuke is bad

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Sometimes the only way to keep someone from kicking their own rear end is to kick their rear end first.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Deku will be defeated when Class A give him a big group hug.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Dear scanlators: please stop calling it "Ofa".

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

Dear scanlators: please stop calling it "Ofa".

Ofa deez nuts!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Next chapter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICofdIwMzik

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I think it's dumb they're coming to blows at all but maybe it'll be a fun action sequence