Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

I recently received a Wal-mart gift card and used it to buy what was apparently the local store's only remaining 1966 Batmobile. I haven't seen this kit anywhere else in town.

I really like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

:negative:

I stuck this combination together as a kid and didn’t have enough strength to separate it until I became an adult

I used to use my teeth as a kid. Upside down, antennae point on my bottom teeth, lip of the cone under my top teeth. Bite down. Great for the lego and my teeth I'm sure!

Earth
Nov 6, 2009
I WOULD RATHER INSERT A $20 LEGO SET'S WORTH OF PLASTIC BRICKS INTO MY URETHRA THAN STOP TALKING ABOUT BEING A SCALPER.
College Slice

The Bloop posted:

Post your angriest Legos

Love it. I had two of these I had to take apart when I rebuilt my childhood lego sets.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

The Bloop posted:

Very mad about fictional space ship names

A fine pastime if there ever was one!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

If someone doesn’t think the discourse surrounding Lego products (whether you agree with it or not!) is relevant to a thread about Lego, then maybe just sit out until the discussion inevitably dies down or shifts.

Yeah just to be clear, the "no politics" rule in this forum doesn't mean that an occasional detour into social issues when it's directly relevant to the thread is verboten. It just means please don't take it to the extent where it could be the subject of a standalone D&D thread. I am not equipped to mod that. Bless the politics mods, but I never want to do their job.

corgski fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jun 30, 2021

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

The Bloop posted:

Post your angriest Legos

I have a black one with stress marks because of this.

Actually, why are these so hard to come off? All lego is supposed to fit together right?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Darth TNT posted:

Actually, why are these so hard to come off? All lego is supposed to fit together right?

Different plastic. Most Lego is ABS but transparent stuff is polycarbonate which has a tendency to bond with itself.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Haha sweet, a new creator expert car leaked by accident

https://www.stonewars.de/news/lego-10290-pickup-truck/

I kind of dig it, €129 and some seasonal decorations

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Lego just quietly announced this beautiful pickup truck, very much based on the original Ford F-150. Interesting that it’s not branded as such, considering they just announced the Technic one. It’s up for preorder now US$129.99 or £119.99 and comes out October 1st (my birthday! :toot:)

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

That's pretty cool imo. Not my 'genre' of LEGO, but very cool.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
Boba Fetts pick up truck

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Bobbas Ford

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Really different from the other cars. I like it.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
It also has the set number that certain people pegged to a creator expert delorean time machine, so that rumor seems to be false.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Real missed opportunity there to snag the Sanford And Son license

Earth
Nov 6, 2009
I WOULD RATHER INSERT A $20 LEGO SET'S WORTH OF PLASTIC BRICKS INTO MY URETHRA THAN STOP TALKING ABOUT BEING A SCALPER.
College Slice
Might buy that truck for my parents. I'm glad they didn't try to stick "Ford" on it because then I'd never buy it. After some bad Ford experiences I refuse to buy anything related to Ford.

It looks like any old time truck from any of the brands. I like that it's agnostic.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Earth posted:

Might buy that truck for my parents. I'm glad they didn't try to stick "Ford" on it because then I'd never buy it. After some bad Ford experiences I refuse to buy anything related to Ford.

Same, but for Dodge and Chevy

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Super curious that it's not licensed. I wonder if it was supposed to be and the parties couldn't come to an agreement on the details so lego was all "whatever, gently caress it, it's a generic farm truck now."

I find it funny it has the porsche piece on it. Designers are all over that thing.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Dogen posted:

Real missed opportunity there to snag the Sanford And Son license

Glad I wasn't the only one to see this

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

In other news, there's now an iOS app that will scan a pile of bricks and give build suggestions:

https://brickit.app/

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/brickit-rebuild-your-lego/id1477221636

You do have to tell it what sets you own and it can identify parts out of a pile. Which I guess is just as cool if you hate pawing through a bin.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
The 1st round of bricklink sets are live. Glad the fishing boat was up first, only one I'm really interested in.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
How the hell do you buy it

Nevermind it's just became available after 10 min of refreshing

Captain Duvel fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jul 1, 2021

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Captain Duvel posted:

How the hell do you buy it

It's a pre-order, access it from bricklink (you'll need an account) and the transaction is handled by Lego.com

If your set doesn't get enough orders, it'll be refunded.

e: ah, yeah it does look like the site has crapped the bed somewhat.

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Jul 1, 2021

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

https://www.bricklink.com/v3/designer-program/introducing.page

There's the link. Looks like the castle and ship are leading. Not sure if 5k is the max they are producing or what, but castle is gonna get there very soon.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Didn't see this set linked or discussed yet

I'm not enough of a marvel superfan nor do I hate my wallet enough to have got into marvel lego but I think as a goon I owe it to myself to get this set, it's just very cute and has some nice little details

Earth
Nov 6, 2009
College Slice
Got the boat and the castle preordered. I thought about doing extras for resale, but I swore that poo poo off ages ago and need to stick to my convictions. The nice thing is being limited edition if I ever decide I don't want them I'm pretty secure in resale value.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Fat Thor best Thor.

Also Korg owns.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Did they really do a whole new print of legs just to have Thor's beer belly hanging over his belt?

Amazing.

Earth
Nov 6, 2009
College Slice
Castle sold out already. Boat nearly funded.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

I'm just happy the preorder was through lego so I could use a giftcard.

Earth
Nov 6, 2009
College Slice
Seeing how fast the castle sold out I saw I still had one in my cart so I bought two more. If I end up getting three hopefully I can sell the extra two to pay for the sets I wanted. They may just cancel either order, of course.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Tenebrais posted:

Did they really do a whole new print of legs just to have Thor's beer belly hanging over his belt?

Amazing.

Can't believe this is what Lego uses its boxes for

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Tenebrais posted:

Amazing.

Beer belly taking up my print boxes!!! :argh:

that print rocks

E: ninja’d (by half an hour)

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I think minifigs have a different production line that makes it easier to do small run stuff. I think I saw a short documentary on it once but I can't find it now and it's very possible I am making it all up.

Just look at how big a variety of prints they have to do for the blind bag series', that is SO MANY BOXES.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Crazy that you have to get 10,000 people to support a project on ideas but they will only sell 5000 of these sets. I pre-ordered the pursuit of flight set. The safe seems interesting, but I'm not super interested in it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
These sold out much much much faster than last time. Gotta love resellers.

E: looks like they allowed people to order up to 5. That's nice of a resellers website to do.

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jul 1, 2021

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Waltzing Along posted:

E: looks like they allowed people to order up to 5. That's nice of a resellers website to do.
Yeah, poo poo, I just got around to taking a peek and that fishing boat is g-o-n-e. Ha. Might still get pursuit of flight, iunno.

Earth
Nov 6, 2009
College Slice

Waltzing Along posted:

Hmmmmmm, yeah, those people are trash.

Earth posted:

Got the boat and the castle preordered. I thought about doing extras for resale, but I swore that poo poo off ages ago and need to stick to my convictions. The nice thing is being limited edition if I ever decide I don't want them I'm pretty secure in resale value.

Earth posted:

Seeing how fast the castle sold out I saw I still had one in my cart so I bought two more. If I end up getting three hopefully I can sell the extra two to pay for the sets I wanted. They may just cancel either order, of course.

Wait... Oh, it's an addiction I tell ya. I do suspect my second order will be canceled since I placed it after it was sold out. Hell, my first order may get canceled because that's how this Lego stuff goes. Same with the Nebulon B Frigate. I ordered several from several places and nearly every order got canceled. I was glad at least one showed up.

The funny thing is I got into flipping Lego to fund the hobby. Now my want list is so small I don't have to spend my time flipping to fund the hobby, but old habits die hard.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

deoju posted:

Fat Thor best Thor.

Also Korg owns.

And Miek!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
E" I was imagining it because the stupid site made me click multiple times and I almost bought three of them

HootTheOwl fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jul 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Had we turned left instead, we may have encountered something like this...
Thanks for the heads up folks, managed to grab one of those safes. Love that design