Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
The ship is called Bob. That's what I call it, so that's what it's called.

That other ship? Bob One.

edit: :synpa:

Grendels Dad fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Jul 2, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Don't need near as many sith to create entropy and chaos compared to creating order and Jedi clubhouses

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

lmao

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Well done.

TheLoquid
Nov 5, 2008

Goons only want one thing and it's disgusting

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

This is excellent thank you. Put it in the OP

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Brilliant.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The United States posted:

New Star Wars lookin good

I see ancient Kylo has a very fancy type of lightsaber

That’s how kylo should’ve looked in the last one. Dang. He looks baller

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

CelticPredator posted:

That’s how kylo should’ve looked in the last one. Dang. He looks baller

That baby face kinda ruins it for me though. Probably looks better in film.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Grendels Dad posted:

This has been the topic of discussion a million times but I keep forgetting what the canon is actually saying because it kept going back and forth quite a bit. My personal thoughts are that numeral balance is rubbish because it's like the most basic-rear end meaning of balance. The Sith are clearly a force disturbing and manipulating life to further their own goals, so from a certain perspective they are creating an imbalance in the Force that can be removed by removing the Sith.

Of course it's part of the dramatic irony that the Jedi in their infinite wisdom presume the "balance" in the prophecy is the latter when it's actually just "100,000 != 2"

Lucas has said Dark Side itself was the imbalance - that there's The Force, which is the stuff Yoda and Obi-Wan talk about and is an energy field that binds the galaxy together, and there's the Dark Side, which is like a cancer in The Force that Anakin gets rid of when he destroys the Emperor.

He's also talked about the Dark Side as a necessity though, and as an inherent part of every person. For him, "balance" is about not letting greed and selfishness take over the selfless part of yourself. So in that case, Anakin restoring balance to The Force is about him restoring his own internal balance, which has the consequence of also re-balancing things on a galactic level with the defeat of the Emperor.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Thing is about the Dark Side is that while the death of Sidious and Vader may have destroyed the Sith as an institution (the downside of the Rule of Two) the Dark Side is still a universal constant. Plenty of Jedi fall to it, and it seems like training can actually make them MORE vulnerable to it, or at least more dangerous if they fall.

I feel a big issue is that the Jedi as an institution had become a problem- made up of plenty of good and noble people, sure, but both aloof from and subservient to politicians and governments that don't share their ideals, and making themselves a class apart from the people of the Republic but tied to its status quo. Basically, you can't be good cops, and they aren't much better as army officers. Anakin was the Chosen One they couldn't ignore, but they didn't have the capacity to deal with how he was an exception to the rules and needed additional emotional support besides being another warrior monk- when detachment from worldly concerns isn't feasible, you need to find a balance in the individual.

Probably the reason why the Mortis arc ends with the deaths of the apparently personifications of the Dark Side, Light Side and the Balance, is because that was never a tenable status quo.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Darth TNT posted:

That baby face kinda ruins it for me though. Probably looks better in film.

If you think that's a baby face, then you must have some ugly rear end babies.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Cross-Section posted:

Visions panel is currently going:

https://twitter.com/sleemo/status/1411449830535307265?s=20
and I'm already sold on the entire thing

edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9Gr9gKFxpE

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005
I can't even watch tros rifftrax

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Studio Trigger making a Star Wars thing??????

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Gargamel Gibson posted:

If you think that's a baby face, then you must have some ugly rear end babies.

Well, if you saw my genes you wouldn't be so surprised. :smug:

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

thrawn527 posted:

As mentioned earlier, it was officially called the Scimitar. Not on screen or anything, but neither was Slave I. But that was just one example, I didn't want my post to be too crowded.

https://twitter.com/LyreonArt/status/1409565646946455552/photo/1

Check out "Luke Skywalker's X-Wing Fighter" instead of Red Five. Or "Kylo Ren's TIE Fighter", instead of the TIE Silencer. LEGO does this because it's easier for kids to find the toy they're looking for.

Red Five isn’t the name of his loving x-wing, it’s his callsign during the battle of yavin.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Noob Saibot posted:

Red Five isn’t the name of his loving x-wing, it’s his callsign during the battle of yavin.

Do you mean to tell me the title of that one song isn't "I am never gonna dance again, guilty feet have got no rhythm"?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Noob Saibot posted:

Sorry OP but the star wars ships transponders list their call sign, its how they track the fighters

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Luke's X-Wing is actually designated as AA-589 but as Luke's reputation grew, its call sign more-or-less became its full name

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
Luke Skywalker’s X-Wing is actually called “Luke Skywalker’s X-Wing”.

He wrote it on the side with a space-crayon, to prevent misunderstandings.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Red 5 being named Luke Skywalker's X-wing goes a long way explaining why the rebels are fine with immediately letting him fly it. Will of the force I guess

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Ingmar terdman posted:

Red 5 being named Luke Skywalker's X-wing goes a long way explaining why the rebels are fine with immediately letting him fly it. Will of the force I guess

I laughed harder at this than I probably should have.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

The TIE Silencer and TIE Whisper were made so Kylo Ren had somewhere private to go and scream to avoid frightening the troops

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
new lego sets that are just 40 spare terminals that they keep in the back of the spaceship to replace the ones kylo ruins

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Vinylshadow posted:

The TIE Silencer and TIE Whisper were made so Kylo Ren had somewhere private to go and scream to avoid frightening the troops

I'll be in my Angry Orb

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Vinylshadow posted:

There's a reason he went directly to his ship after having an elevator tantrum from Snoke making fun of his helmet.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Robot Style posted:

It's because they wanted to show how much they venerate the Original Trilogy. The event is called the Festival of the Ancestors and his held every 42 years (the Rise of Skywalker came out 42 years after A New Hope).

That's... I hate how that fits.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Imagine if they'd timeskipped to 42ABY, which would've been about 7/8 years after TLJ

All that time they could've filled with interesting Sequel Era content to eventually redeem it in the eyes of the fans once the comics and animated shows got around to it in another 5-8 years

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA0ZWVaaJHM

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

Vinylshadow posted:

Imagine if they'd timeskipped to 42ABY, which would've been about 7/8 years after TLJ

All that time they could've filled with interesting Sequel Era content to eventually redeem it in the eyes of the fans once the comics and animated shows got around to it in another 5-8 years

Colin Treverrow's script had a fuckin NINE YEAR timeskip. You know the amount of side stories and merchandise opportunities Lucasfilm/Disney skimpped out on by throwing that away?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Nightmare Cinema posted:

Colin Treverrow's script had a fuckin NINE YEAR timeskip. You know the amount of side stories and merchandise opportunities Lucasfilm/Disney skimpped out on by throwing that away?

There's something about how they were clearly so eager to get away from the prequels that they went way too far in the complete opposite direction.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

https://twitter.com/carlyewisel/status/1422910278732324870?s=21

Includes tickets to Hollywood studios and 3 meals a day for 2 day. The whole experience is 3 days, 2 nights.

Still, no.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Man stuff like Sleep No More is like 90 bucks, has free candy, and includes a dance orgy at the end. Not worth it.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Nearly $5000 dollars for two nights in a slate gray compartment with no sunlight, and two of the beds are an oblong hole in the wall.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Robot Style posted:

Nearly $5000 dollars for two nights in a slate gray compartment with no sunlight, and two of the beds are an oblong hole in the wall.

Seriously, how do you build something like this and not go for like Cloud City or something? Fake "windows" of space/sky with ships footage that cycles through day and night at least.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Neo Rasa posted:

Seriously, how do you build something like this and not go for like Cloud City or something? Fake "windows" of space/sky with ships footage that cycles through day and night at least.

The rooms do have fake windows that look out into space

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Neo Rasa posted:

The whole thing is basically a fake cruise. There’s a muster drill on the first day, you can pay extra to eat at the “Captain’s Table”, there are cruise like activities and parties, etc. It’s weird. But once they decided to do that, it basically had to be modeled after a starship.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Aug 4, 2021