Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

leather fedora posted:

That's why HAACHAMA uses it for her videos, but the origin goes further than that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT8nYfwcXz8

That explains why her theme felt so familiar to me. I've played this song back in my violin playing days. I never made the full connection with the sped up version. It fits her whirlwind chaos when Haachama cooks. As a person that loves to cook I miss Haachama's cooking videos. Most of the stuff she made was odd but never really dangerous save for a couple of times. (rawish chicken and way too much food coloring). Those videos were also how I learned that she's allergic/can't eat eggs. Eating out must have been rough in Australia if you can't have anything with eggs in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

RealFoxy posted:

Yeah I've been a Gaki fan for about a decade now, I've seen most of it and I never put 2 + 2 together on why Hachama's cooking was so entertaining.

e: And just like the members of Gaki she forgets to add the oil every single time

I guess it's not a surprise to find other Gaki fans in this thread, as SA is what introduced me to Gaki in the first place.

Truly the pinnacle of Japanese culture.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Congrats to the fish for her new super expensive PC (as if there were any other kind right now but still) and condolences on never being able to stop hearing about the egg for the rest of her vtuber career.

https://twitter.com/PomuRainpuff/status/1413567971092541441

https://twitter.com/PomuRainpuff/status/1413572136334135299

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
if you don't have an embarassing sexual story that the audience never lets you live down, are you even really a vtuber

Lor
Oct 9, 2006

RealFoxy posted:

Side-note, I was watching some really old Gaki no Tsukai (Japanese Comedian show, you've probably seen clips of it) and in the episode from the 80's there was the Hachama cooking theme. I thought "Huh, that's weird" and found out it's taken from a Japanese show called "Three Minute Cooking" that's been going on since the 60's so that was a neat little thing to discover the origin of.

Ahh, I've only watched some of the Gaki no Tsukai Batsu Games* and the Absolutely Tasty series, but I love when people point out references like this! Awesome! =D

*(the 24 hour gym is one of my favourite things of all time, I think I watch it about once a year, and you all should too)

Lor
Oct 9, 2006

Gura and Kiara are building a monument to Aikotoba III it seems on top of the space launch mountain

Edit: In minecraft - on the mountain where Gura tried to use TNT to launch some of the girls into space after demolishing her door, to add context =D

Lor fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jul 9, 2021

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Lor posted:

Ahh, I've only watched some of the Gaki no Tsukai Batsu Games* and the Absolutely Tasty series, but I love when people point out references like this! Awesome! =D

*(the 24 hour gym is one of my favourite things of all time, I think I watch it about once a year, and you all should too)

you should also watch the kiki series

and yes 24-hour tag is legendary for a good reason

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Some HoloMems lean a little more into traditional Japanese comedy than others but Subaru and Pekora in particular are masters of playing the roles (Straight Man and Boku/Idiot)

I hope Hololive fully embraces the comedian aspect because not all of the idol pop-music is my jam, but if they have a bunch of duos doing a bunch of live Manzai or Rakugo shows I'd pay to see that.

Kanata and Coco actually did a routine once and it was endearingly bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6e1WcX4ngUk

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Gura and Kiara are doing a minecraft collab right now. With Ame watching both streams. Looks like they're making wool pixel art of themselves.

Gura's POV:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmAeg8CF54w

Kiara's POV:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgdfUhl32hw

Lor
Oct 9, 2006

Jen X posted:

you should also watch the kiki series

Is that translated? My japanese isn't good enough for raws yet but I'll definitely check it out =D

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Lor posted:

Is that translated? My japanese isn't good enough for raws yet but I'll definitely check it out =D
The Kiki Series is mostly subbed too, the concept is the 5 members try to guess some kind of food/drink/product while blindfolded and then go through 10+ similar products (Such as Ramen, or Beer, or chocolate) and if they get it wrong they get a harsh punishment.

Look up The Silent Library Archives, they'll have links to everything. If you've got Amazon Prime, there's also Documental, which is Matsumoto's spinoff show with a similar concept to the 24 Hour Batsu games but it's 10 comedians trapped in a room together for 6 hours and the last one left wins. Most of the comedy in that is pretty uhhhhhhhh. Just expect to see a lot of censored dicks.

e: Kiara is teaching Gura how to count in Austrian Australian which is more or less what I expected

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD

RealFoxy posted:

e: Kiara is teaching Gura how to count in Austrian Australian which is more or less what I expected

if she doesn't teach her to count 1, 2, 5, 6, etc. she's missed the perfect opportunity

Lor
Oct 9, 2006

RealFoxy posted:

The Kiki Series is mostly subbed too, the concept is the 5 members try to guess some kind of food/drink/product while blindfolded and then go through 10+ similar products (Such as Ramen, or Beer, or chocolate) and if they get it wrong they get a harsh punishment.

I'll check it out, thanks dude

Edit: I worry about these girls building to a pixel grid... I mean it's going to be awesome but with Gura's math skills and Kiara's energy... haha =D

Double edit: Ender dragon for EN in a couple weeks? =O

Lor fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jul 9, 2021

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Wudz posted:

if she doesn't teach her to count 1, 2, 5, 6, etc. she's missed the perfect opportunity
I don't know German but with how much giggling she was doing I get the impression she did

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Lor posted:

I'll check it out, thanks dude

Edit: I worry about these girls building to a pixel grid... I mean it's going to be awesome but with Gura's math skills and Kiara's energy... haha =D

Double edit: Ender dragon for EN in a couple weeks? =O

Ina farmed blaze rods yesterday and finished with 31. She thinks between Kiara and her collection of ender pearls they should be able to find the portal. Kiara's KFP village also has a pearl vendor as well. We're getting close. The real question is if they'll try to take it out legit or use the beds strat.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Revolver Bunker posted:

Ina farmed blaze rods yesterday and finished with 31. She thinks between Kiara and her collection of ender pearls they should be able to find the portal. Kiara's KFP village also has a pearl vendor as well. We're getting close. The real question is if they'll try to take it out legit or use the beds strat.
That's a lot of faith they'd be able to do either

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The bed strat is funnier so I hope they try it.

Lor
Oct 9, 2006

We'll be treated to two spectacles.

The fight with the ender dragon, and then all of them trying to use the elytra for the first time. (unless any has before)

Edit: Third spectacle: raiding ender cities of course

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Lor posted:

The fight with the ender dragon, and then all of them trying to use the elytra for the first time. (unless any has before)

Was it Kiara who used an elytra during her visit to the JP server with Pekora?

I mean she killed herself repeatedly but she has a little experience ...

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

RealFoxy posted:

That's a lot of faith they'd be able to do either

I'm in it for the rollercoaster ride of confidence and no confidence that will come from them fighting the dragon.

Lor posted:

There's going to be a lot of zenloss coming to the HoloEN members.

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

Revolver Bunker posted:

Gura and Kiara are doing a minecraft collab right now. With Ame watching both streams. Looks like they're making wool pixel art of themselves.

Gura's POV:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmAeg8CF54w

Kiara's POV:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgdfUhl32hw

Kiara’s BGM is totally by the same guy who did Pekora’s BGM right? It’s got the same kinda bouncy FM synths and tr-909 drums.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I think pekoras bgm is dova syndrome stuff that's just free for anyone to use. She didnt actually have it made for her. That's my understanding at least.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

A whole lot of them use Dova Syndrome music. IIRC Amelia's and Matsuri's BGMs are from there, too. The relevant license appears to be (paraphrased) "Free to use for streams and videos where the music isn't the primary content. Credit the source; some composers might have different licensing requirements, but mostly go nuts".

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Kiara is trying to convince Gura to build a giant foot on the EN minecraft server and its triggering Gura deeply to her core. Its amazing to listen to Kiara's faucet of thoughts met by Gura dead staring at her.

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

Oh sure. I get that. What I mean is that this bgm is totally by the same literal person putting stuff on dova syndrome.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

Revolver Bunker posted:

Kiara is trying to convince Gura to build a giant foot on the EN minecraft server and its triggering Gura deeply to her core. Its amazing to listen to Kiara's faucet of thoughts met by Gura dead staring at her.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
DnD starting!

https://twitch.tv/arcadum

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

please note this is not an edit, gura did that on her own

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD

Just Andi Now posted:

A whole lot of them use Dova Syndrome music. IIRC Amelia's and Matsuri's BGMs are from there, too. The relevant license appears to be (paraphrased) "Free to use for streams and videos where the music isn't the primary content. Credit the source; some composers might have different licensing requirements, but mostly go nuts".

never forget the most important Dova Syndrome track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COQR9A8D4XQ

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

I'm a big fan of the one Ollie uses.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVzk3bqEu6g

PerOlus
Jan 26, 2003

We'r even, seņor!
It's all Dova's or Epidemic Sound - the soundtrack of youtube.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

PerOlus posted:

Neither of these are Kevin McCloud.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

PerOlus posted:

Wait are all of these royalty free? drat whoever this guy is real prolific.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Talorat posted:

Wait are all of these royalty free? drat whoever this guy is real prolific.

Dova has a website that lists out all the composers that have contributed. Its quite an amazing list. https://dova-s.jp/

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Ame is fighting the hardest boss in Super Mario 64, the wall kick star and nightmare triple jump timing that goes with it.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

njsykora posted:

Ame is fighting the hardest boss in Super Mario 64, the wall kick star and nightmare triple jump timing that goes with it.

you mean the one where you jump on the little snow monster thing that makes you spin hover and you just float down easily to the star?????????????????

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Passing along that Ina is having her membership stream for those that are signed up.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Roleplaying making GBS threads in the woods that somehow became a character moment. Perfectly balanced as all things should be.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

All of them getting spooked and leaving the cave after Arcadum made a creepy noise had me crying laughing:
Nyanners (a literal bat): "Yeah I thought caves were cool, but I'm kinda over it now"

Edit: Aaaaand they're back in the cave.

Talorat fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jul 10, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Ironmouse celebrating 600k followers by ascending to her true form by accident.