Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Ghosthotel posted:

Haven’t played in two days cus I went to the Bandou Shrine and the last pillar guy one shot me cus I wasn’t expecting two melee attacks in a row on the mc for 500+ and it made me feel really bad but today is the day…

This, Beelzebub and Ongyo-ki are the roughest fights to lose just because getting back to them is a whole ordeal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

que sera sera posted:

i fused some more demons with bufu and finally got him :cheers:. thankfully walter sat on the bench

made it to tokyo baby :madmax:

the tokyo music is cool

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/smtportugal/status/1386341417904230403?s=21

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

what in the name of the lord

Knives and Hot Dust
Feb 21, 2010

metal gear??!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MANYnZoBj0&t=271s

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Gamemasterantony's birthday was wild this year

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Holy poo poo dante is a badass demon. my party is gonna be epic once I can fuse Trumpeter.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

kicked the Amala boss's rear end...vortex world has no clue what kind of power is coming for the Kagatsuchi.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

kicked the Amala boss's rear end...vortex world has no clue what kind of power is coming for the Kagatsuchi.

:cheerdoge:

Rabid Boar
Apr 16, 2020

Soon, all of you will feel my hate, and suffer as I have suffered!

In Training posted:

Hell yeah

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the last dungeon owns. No one does huge finales like smt. half of DDS2 taking place in one dungeon ftw

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

just started playing this the other day, i’m having fun with it. first SMT game for me as well. is it common to have demons stronger than the MC? i’m experimenting with fusing demons and they end up like 5 levels higher

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

just started playing this the other day, i’m having fun with it. first SMT game for me as well. is it common to have demons stronger than the MC? i’m experimenting with fusing demons and they end up like 5 levels higher

yeah. you just can't recruit demons above your level

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

its illegal to have demons with levels above your mc i'm sorry you have to dismiss them

Knives and Hot Dust
Feb 21, 2010

metal gear??!?

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

You can't fuse demons higher than your level you don't have the power to control them

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

oops. that reminds me i was freaking out when i couldn't fuse a demon even at lvl 99 but the levels actually go up past that

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

it took me 17 minutes of rolling skills just to get the ones I wanted. if I ever replay this id probably get the remaster just for skill picking lol. But now I have Trumpeter and I'm approaching the top of the tower of kagatsuchi, nothing can stop me now

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Its important to spend an hour tryingnto get pierce on Vishnu and when u do its pierce + dia, media, bufa and mabufa

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Mabofa

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I never played the original but I get the feeling that being able to select your skills breaks the game in half. Being able to just pick the buffs and debuffs I need so I always have a ton of them I can spam like crazy if a fight seems like it will be rough has carried me through the game so far. I still get turned inside-out by a boss without warning every now and then though

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I never played the original but I get the feeling that being able to select your skills breaks the game in half. Being able to just pick the buffs and debuffs I need so I always have a ton of them I can spam like crazy if a fight seems like it will be rough has carried me through the game so far. I still get turned inside-out by a boss without warning every now and then though

It kinda does, but you've always been able to build your demifiend however you want so it's not that big of a deal. The quality of life improvement is worth it alone

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Len posted:

Are there any bosses that aren't weak to getting punched in the face?

Found him.

Now I have to do the high pixie formation again :suicide:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah but you can still get exactly the skills you want just with patience. Unless there's some skill inheritances that will simply never happen in the original, idk how the dice rolls work.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The real tragedy is getting the combo you want and undoing it due to muscle memory

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The real tragedy is getting the combo you want and undoing it due to muscle memory

I did this a few times in persona 3

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

it took me 17 minutes of rolling skills just to get the ones I wanted. if I ever replay this id probably get the remaster just for skill picking lol. But now I have Trumpeter and I'm approaching the top of the tower of kagatsuchi, nothing can stop me now

I genuinely went from "oh cool" to super excited when I found out the remaster had skill picking lol, don't know why it wasn't a bigger deal to a lot of heads

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

this is th worst feeling possible

Knives and Hot Dust
Feb 21, 2010

metal gear??!?

In Training posted:

Yeah but you can still get exactly the skills you want just with patience. Unless there's some skill inheritances that will simply never happen in the original, idk how the dice rolls work.

Yeah demons will very rarely inherit skills they are weak too.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Bought this bad boy today. Played a bit of the original with a buddy but we got distracted. Loved the hell out of IV, this will be great

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Enjoy gamer. It kicks rear end start to finish.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

I killed Matador first try last time so I fully expect that I'll be here later to complain because I can't do it anymore, and win first try after posting because that's how it goes lol

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Finally started playing it, I really only started and I love it

Tokyo Sexwale fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jul 15, 2021

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

Finally started playing it, I really only started and I love it
Yeah I'm not getting too much gaming in rn but I finished the tutorial dungeon + found the first city. I'd forgotten how sick the apocalypse scene is

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I genuinely went from "oh cool" to super excited when I found out the remaster had skill picking lol, don't know why it wasn't a bigger deal to a lot of heads
Last thing I found out in my session and I was, like, giddy.

This game doesn't have a Compendium, right? Like, I can't re-summon demons I already had, but I also don't have to care about filling out a list?

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Simply Simon posted:

This game doesn't have a Compendium, right? Like, I can't re-summon demons I already had, but I also don't have to care about filling out a list?

It does, and you can. I don’t know what you mean about having to care about filling out a list though, I don’t know if you get anything for completing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

It does, and you can. I don’t know what you mean about having to care about filling out a list though, I don’t know if you get anything for completing it
Oh cool, thanks for the info!

Sometimes late game I look up a guide to fill a hole in my party without having to experiment for ages, and it's like "oh fuse X and Y" and I don't have those, and Y requires H and F and I don't have F, so I prefer to fill the low ranks if possible.

Also completed lists make me cum

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)