Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaitoX
Mar 1, 2008
You could make your character on the stable EU servers, export it and then import them on the unstable NA servers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sintor
Jul 23, 2007
We have a Guild rolling yet? Managed Beginner 19 through all the crashing and rubberbanding but I don't think that's very far. If we need cash for forming the guild I'm happy to throw in.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

In and playing as a bishie berserker, username Matchbox

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Well that was interesting. I was doing the practice dungeon and got stuck where I couldn't rez and I had to leave the instance on the last boss :(

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

It really isn't that complicated.
It does take 10 gold to kick start an Alliance, I can chip in as well if needed. Been playing under DoctorFist.

Pryce
May 21, 2011
Don't forget if an Alliance doesn't get 10 members it's deleted after a week.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Is there a way to see how much exp you need to hit the next level? I've just been getting level-ups every so often and not sure where to track it. Character screen doesn't seem to help?

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008

CubicalSucrose posted:

Is there a way to see how much exp you need to hit the next level? I've just been getting level-ups every so often and not sure where to track it. Character screen doesn't seem to help?

Big ol xp bar along the bottom of the screen

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Estraysian posted:

Big ol xp bar along the bottom of the screen

I want to blame windowed mode but no, it was me being dumb.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Im in as a spearmaster called Tessa if people are trying to get a guild or whatever theyre called together.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
game is p dope im going to bed

eonwe fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jul 10, 2021

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

I decided to buy it. Eager to kung fu fight all across the bountiful lands of jianghu.

Polikarpov
Jun 1, 2013

Keep it between the buoys
I found a treasure in the open world that gave me the ability to transform into a goose for 4 minutes every 2 hours. :goose:

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Since it seems like we don't have a discord yet, I made a link for one for the future guild. I'll just give control over to whoever ends up as GM.

https://discord.gg/DFyYjAfAvC

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Surprised that the game is more stable during primetime than earlier in the morning, so I guess they fixed whatever was breaking it.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I mean, I still can't get in at all.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

the rubber banding earlier was especially bad, i was starting to feel sick with how rapidly it was happening.

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

Polikarpov posted:

I found a treasure in the open world that gave me the ability to transform into a goose for 4 minutes every 2 hours. :goose:

Ah hell yeah.

In as Neet btw. Surprised that name wasn't taken.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Melee Spellblade is pretty fun but I would like to stop being disconnected from the videogame.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I was about to ask if the server issues have been sorted out yet. That answers that question.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Hellioning posted:

I was about to ask if the server issues have been sorted out yet. That answers that question.

I'm getting occasional issues but its been steadily improving over the day.

Big tip, somewhere shortly after the first instance you unlock your first companion. In the second instance you don't get the 2 random helper npcs automatically, you have to add them manually. I was able to solo it at 20 as a berserker without one at all but had to swap to tank stance on the last boss. I shoved all my companion xp gems to level her from the default 20 to the 38 shown, and she just mulched everything immediately.

edit: haven't figured out how to get the other elixir options to fill yet. I'd much rather use the regeneration one.

ZypherIM fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Jul 10, 2021

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Hellioning posted:

I've been able to get in and play for about an hour straight without issue.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

Polikarpov posted:

I like how weird and completely useless some of the treasures are. Like, wanna throw down a thing of fish and have a cat walk up to it and guilt trip you into giving it fish once an hour? Got you covered.

The invisibility cloak in the bath house was :dadjoke:

PrinnySquad fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Jul 10, 2021

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Holy poo poo, this game actually has basic rotation tutorials in the main quest. Why doesn't every game do this?

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Polikarpov posted:

:honk:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

NA Server is up again

E. "drill" and "practice" mode are the same right? I have a quest for doing the first instance on practice mode but there doesnt seem to be an option, and when I did it on drill the quest didnt update.

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jul 10, 2021

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CuddleCryptid posted:

NA Server is up again

E. "drill" and "practice" mode are the same right? I have a quest for doing the first instance on practice mode but there doesnt seem to be an option, and when I did it on drill the quest didnt update.

there is a cloud in the top right and you somewhere in there is a place you can like, claim something or whatever i dont even remember

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

eonwe posted:

there is a cloud in the top right and you somewhere in there is a place you can like, claim something or whatever i dont even remember

Yep, I figured this out halfway through my second run of the map, you have to actually accept the rewards before the quest updates.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Polikarpov posted:

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

CuddleCryptid posted:

NA Server is up again

Yea they're the same thing, though the quest tracker doesn't appear to update. The cloud thingy when you open it up should allow you to collect the reward still.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Yeah completing the dungeon doesnt actually give you that reward, its only when you claim it in the dailies window that it ticks as completed.

Another head scratcher is the "writing as a daoist approaches", doing the early biographies doesnt count, you have to do the level 25+ ones.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

The treasure system is dumb as hell and I love it

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

There's a few pigs as well, found one in Chang'an and one outside where that big quest bear was, approximately.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

I haven't been able to play as much due to IRL stuff but how's the higher level armor looking for classes?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

All the gear in the game is basically xianxia outfits. Dont expect big bulky armor, just flowing dresses.

You can take a look at every outfit in the game using the wardrobe system.

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008
There's a little card game you can play for some random daily rewards. I didn't see any actual instructions about the rules of the game within the quests, etc. For some reason you can't play this card game until you finish the leveling experience/"tutorial." Also, you can challenge the respawn points to card games. Just... baffling. The pace that this game presents elements is incredibly random. Sometimes you feel like its throwing a million systems/option at you at once, and then it won't actually introduce anything new for long stretches of the "tutorial" leveling experience. And the rate that classes get access to their tools is also random. Spearmaster felt really bad the first few levels I tried it, because it relies on these combo starters to make your hits actually do any real damage. And you seem to slowly add those as you level. Meanwhile, Berserker has a really chunky-feeling charged attack that feels like it just blows mobs away early on.

Loving the High-School-Drama-Club production quality of some of the english voice acting.

At some points, the game pushes you to these little tutorial instances to teach you how to play your class (and even has a dumb little quiz about basic MMO roles and basic courtesy). Good idea. But also, when you do it, it completely reassigns your hotbars, so you have to put them back how you've gotten used to them over the 30 levels leading up to this point...

Lots of fun/stupid jankiness.

You get an ability to teleport to the "Origami" realm very early on. There's a jumping puzzle in there that rewards you with your triple jump ability much earlier than you would otherwise get it.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Looks like we're still waiting for someone to start a guild so I just went ahead and did it, "Crab RanGoon" in-game. Can message me at "Matchbox" for an invite, or any other member. Everyone has invite permissions.

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jul 10, 2021

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Tried it today, ended up getting a refund.

The quality of the translation is not good, and I'm not familiar with wuxia at all, so the story was borderline incomprehensible and I just found the game kind of impenetrable. Very, very pretty, but I think I'm going to refrain from [re]buying it until and unless there's another good pass on the game's language and/or good videos or guides in English turn up to explain what's going on and what everything does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polikarpov
Jun 1, 2013

Keep it between the buoys

Phoix posted:

The treasure system is dumb as hell and I love it