Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

No no, Sukune needs to do this

Yujiro has chilled out some... he might not execute Sukune

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

AtomikKrab posted:

Yujiro has chilled out some... he might not execute Sukune

he was about to try and murder musashi the last time we saw him fight so i doubt it. he hasn't done anything except show up for the obligatory us president scene since then

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

How the gently caress is the Yokozuna standing up with the others after getting his entire ribcage destroyed

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
this arc really sucked rear end

Thoren
May 28, 2008
This might be the worst arc of the entire series.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I don't know who this was meant for. I love sumo and I probably hated this even more because of it. Finally we can move on though

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I’m just disappointed that Oliva became such a jobber. Sukune is boring, too. At least Pickle and Musashi were wacky.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
I really hope Yujiro wrecks Sukune instead of telling him he has to beat Baki first but I doubt it

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

We can alwats hope he wrecks Sukune and then tells him "you can't even beat Baki, you really thought you could get one on me?"

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Thoren posted:

This might be the worst arc of the entire series.

There were no stakes with this arc. Literally none. It was complete filler and the status quo at the start of the arc is the same as the end.

Like seriously, this whole thing was just...what? Super secret sumo man wants to throw down so let's set up a tourney? Its just an introduction arc to establish the new sumo flavored baki fighter?

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
I think part of the purpose of this arc was to depict the Hakuho analogue getting brutally and mercilessly owned by "real" sumo

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Plutonis posted:

How the gently caress is the Yokozuna standing up with the others after getting his entire ribcage destroyed

Because despite giving lip service to bones, blood and organs when convenient, Bakiverse punchmans are made of high-density putty that allows their limbs to perform at 100% effectiveness regardless of being crushed, on fire, or hanging by a flap of skin.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
this arc was one of those yujiro dojo crushing segments but spread over dozens of chapters

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
I think the most annoying part was having to watch all those MMA fighters get crushed so the sumo wrestlers wouldn't look like complete jobbers. I don't even think it worked in that sense.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Chapter 100 raw: https://imgur.com/a/VdnDDHU

NSFW

What in the actual gently caress

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Is.... Is Yujiro going to rape Sukune?

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQUdJ6FdUQ0

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Not empty posting but

:dafuq:

Rabid Boar
Apr 16, 2020

Soon, all of you will feel my hate, and suffer as I have suffered!
What the gently caress

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Baki Breaking

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

wha

e: oh no...

frajaq fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jul 13, 2021

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Plutonis posted:

Baki Breaking

poo poo I was going to say this

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Thoren posted:

Chapter 100 raw: https://imgur.com/a/VdnDDHU

NSFW

What in the actual gently caress

guest writer: hideki arai

or maybe jiro matsumoto

Ringo Roadagain fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jul 13, 2021

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

someone says they had their friend translate the chapter

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
Baki is good again

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
It's always fun to see Yujiro fight. To see if the author can make a fight with "man who can't lose" entertaining

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
Most Baki fans trying to cope right now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd8vzIRQLLM

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Ringo Roadagain posted:

someone says they had their friend translate the chapter

there seems to be some disagreement in the comments, some alternate translations are saying that it was not metaphorical, yes indeed Yujiro does go around raping random mountain men

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
It being metaphorical is in line with how Yuujiro has been portrayed for the last decade, that this terrible man's existence ends up being ultimately harmless and to some people inspiring.

Ofc the first decade of the comic Yuujiro was just plain evil so you can never really put this kind of thing past him.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jul 13, 2021

Hellbunny
Dec 24, 2008

I'm not bad, I'm just misunderstood.

CharlestonJew posted:

there seems to be some disagreement in the comments, some alternate translations are saying that it was not metaphorical, yes indeed Yujiro does go around raping random mountain men

I think there might be a page or two missing but otherwise uhhhhe totaly got raped by yuujiro. My japanese can be wonky but that page is pretty clear cut.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

No Wave posted:

It being metaphorical is in line with how Yuujiro has been portrayed for the last decade, that this terrible man's existence ends up being ultimately harmless and to some people inspiring.

Ofc the first decade of the comic Yuujiro was just plain evil so you can never really put this kind of thing past him.

Metaphorical or not, the doctors' chat in the opening pages can be summed up as, 'Yuujiro's male hormone levels are so far off the charts literally everyone else on earth is a woman by comparison'.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Jesus christ

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The return of baki :biotruths:

Thoren
May 28, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr_IlTCFgIo

Anime looks good at least. It looks like this will cover the prison arc.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Whom among us have never happened upon raping random mountain men? Cast the first stone, I dare ye

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

New Retsu Isekai

https://mangadex.org/chapter/02a0c125-2056-4f0b-bfc4-7d9283fa694d/1

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://mangasee123.com/read-online/Baki-Dou-2018-chapter-100.html

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Yeah that’s pretty clearly not metaphorical. Gives weird implications about what the ogre is going to do next.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Plutonis posted:

Baki Breaking

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Itagaki is a genius