Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

just a coconut going for a stroll

Delta-Wye posted:

so much background everyone is repeating depends on his credibility, imho.

yes when zondo says implies that "they have crashed exotic materials" I am forced to conclude that he means the layered bismuth-magnesium slag that was sent anonymously to art bell with no chain of custody.

edit: :synpa:

Rickshaw has issued a correction as of 16:23 on Jul 13, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

oh poo poo it's the borg

https://twitter.com/BanfieldJill/status/1414647658786922496

cool thread actually

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Very cool. I wonder how we’d practically use it. Big ponds of bacteria with these genes near cattle ranches?

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

debunk these nuts

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Vomik posted:

he's a loving idiot. if we could get all the governments and scientists to work together in the world lets do climate change

yeah that would be better but the topic was ufos

maybe the birds have sky cleaning tech that we would only ever know about if we had a worldwide effort to actually study them

or maybe lue doesn't believe in climate change lol u should ask him. just pretend u have a UFO podcast and he'll do an interview

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/thatsgoodweb/status/1414994099787255820

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Bet he smells like an old container of pennies

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Psycho Society posted:

drop your favorite transient luminous event

Noctilucent clouds are really neat and a lot easier to see than lightning sprites.

Delta-Wye posted:

so much background everyone is repeating depends on his credibility, imho. he currently works here, which is lmao:
Last 2 episodes of Skeptoid went into the background of people and organizations involved, say nothing about videos or sightings, and paint a coherent picture of this whole thing being a half century old grift originally funded by Robert Bigelow until he got Harry Reid on board because even he can't compete with the DoD when it comes to throwing money as stupid poo poo. As skeptical and unconvinced I am about UFO footage, even I was really disappointed that it's just a way to get defense contracts and that the secrecy around AATIP was because even the DoD was embarrassed to admit they gave a billionaire $22M to investigate interdimensional travel and reincarnation.

https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4787
https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4788

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

GWBBQ posted:

Noctilucent clouds are really neat and a lot easier to see than lightning sprites.

Last 2 episodes of Skeptoid went into the background of people and organizations involved, say nothing about videos or sightings, and paint a coherent picture of this whole thing being a half century old grift originally funded by Robert Bigelow until he got Harry Reid on board because even he can't compete with the DoD when it comes to throwing money as stupid poo poo. As skeptical and unconvinced I am about UFO footage, even I was really disappointed that it's just a way to get defense contracts and that the secrecy around AATIP was because even the DoD was embarrassed to admit they gave a billionaire $22M to investigate interdimensional travel and reincarnation.

https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4787
https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4788

greetings mr tyson

did robert bigelow also write that australian UFO report in the 1970s

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

imagine invoking brian "wire fraud" dunning in 2021 lmao

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Communist Thoughts posted:

The most telling - and chilling - feature of a lot of these amazing vids is the rhythmic pulsing, or "flapping", of the Uap.

Must be some kind of hypotemporal gravity drive.

yeah those birds that can fly over 138 mph (that's the A-10's stall speed) and keep pace with airplanes and also aren't scared of terrifying loud jet engines

lol

It doesn't necessarily look like flapping either. It looks like an amorphous blob. You can't really tell what it is, but it's the movement in relation to the airplane that suggests its maybe not a bird (its a bird, not a bird, or its a drone AKA bird). Assuming that its not fake or some weird optical illusion where the blob is actually closer than it appears

Butternubs posted:

Plastic bag caught in the wind.

Birds now full of microplastics, soon: a giant trash island in the sky.

lol

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

WEH posted:

i just love that one of the leading voices in the skeptical community is literally a convicted fraudster

if it were in a movie script, it'd be rejected as being too on the nose

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

lol that people take debunkers seriously

They're biased from the start. Their entire thing is believing that literally everything has a prosaic explanation that they can find with a quick google search. They have their minds made up before they even know what it is they're gonna debunk next, and will discount any future evidence that goes against their predetermined answer of "it is normal, PS look im smart :smug:". Debunkers got the true believer brain (it never could be birds, its always just birds) way more than the average goon in this thread, who is open to many possibilities (its birds, or perhaps birds)

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

WEH posted:

imagine being a cspam poster and discrediting someone because eBay got pissed off about someone making pennies on the dollar that they could have otherwise had. even if it was outright fraud, so is everything about the hucksters getting rich off of UFO stories and defense contracts.

i should probably switch sides since UFO hoaxes are more profitable these days.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

u'd better hurry up and sell some hoaxes because they're gonna be a real hard sell after sunday when aliens land on top of bidens toque and usher in the golden age of replicator taquitos and anime catgirls

Dr. Poz
Sep 8, 2003

Dr. Poz just diagnosed you with a serious case of being a pussy. Now get back out there and hit them till you can't remember your kid's name.

Pillbug

Bob Socko posted:

Very cool. I wonder how we’d practically use it. Big ponds of bacteria with these genes near cattle ranches?

BioShock Infinite infusions.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

GWBBQ posted:

imagine being a cspam poster and discrediting someone because eBay got pissed off about someone making pennies on the dollar that they could have otherwise had. even if it was outright fraud, so is everything about the hucksters getting rich off of UFO stories and defense contracts.

it's more the pot calling the kettle black than whether or not stealing from ebay was cool (it is). also he's corny as hell

also what rah! said

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

:toxx: black triangles are ours :toxx:

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

the big ones or the small ones?

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
countdown to aitee part ii

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

WEH posted:

the big ones or the small ones?

if youre talking phoenix big youre right i cant claim it

bog standard triangle with circular light in each corner idk football field or smaller

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

The Saucer Hovers posted:

if youre talking phoenix big youre right i cant claim it

bog standard triangle with circular light in each corner idk football field or smaller

Could be a big rear end avengers-gently caress air ship

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

That's not a tic tac its a chicklet

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

I mean with the new reporting rules its very important to get these details RIGHT

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

The Saucer Hovers posted:

:toxx: black triangles are ours :toxx:

well like,

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
black deltas for some

vantablack tetrahedrons for (the) others!!

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

it's so beautiful

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Wheeee posted:

well like,

One of my favorite fringe almost-certainly-not-true theories I've read is that the B2 uses electromagnetic technobabble to extend its effective wing surface and improve performance. I read it in a book in like highschool so it's been literal decades and I don't remember the details but it was neat, if far fetched.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

fun fact: the underlying theory of stealth technology was published in 1962 by Soviet mathematician Pyotr Ufimtsev in his Method of Edge Waves in the Physical Theory of Diffraction

this paper was discovered by Lockheed in the early 1970s, at which point computer technology had advanced sufficiently for the technology to appear feasible, and research began. by 1978 the development and production of the black project which would become the F-117A was ordered and cutting edge computer simulations were designed to allow the design of a flat-surfaced faceted aircraft, leading to the first F-117A flight in 1981. this aircraft, developed before most of us here were born on caveman computers, and long since retired as obsolete by the USAF, remains a more advanced stealth aircraft than anything yet developed outside the US

wonder what Lockheed is up to these days with modern supercomputers and quantum computing

Log082 posted:

One of my favorite fringe almost-certainly-not-true theories I've read is that the B2 uses electromagnetic technobabble to extend its effective wing surface and improve performance. I read it in a book in like highschool so it's been literal decades and I don't remember the details but it was neat, if far fetched.

don't be silly of course the B-2 doesn't have that technology, you're thinking of the new replacement under development, the B-21

Wheeee has issued a correction as of 22:50 on Jul 13, 2021

Ross DaouThot
Aug 31, 2018

when i hit that loud and open cspam the adam curtis music starts playing
https://twitter.com/geniusguy69/status/1415064767299997699?s=20

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

GWBBQ posted:

hucksters getting rich off of UFO stories and defense contracts.

i should probably switch sides since UFO hoaxes are more profitable these days.

lol how many people are actually getting rich off of UFO stories, that aren't writing movies and popular TV shows and novels?

Up until a few years ago people would mostly consider you a loving psycho if you even entertained the possibility that UFOs are real. Not the best way to make money when you could just sell survival buckets or dragon dildos instead or get paid half a million to do speeches to rich people about ur strategy for harvesting children's blood. And a lot of people still think UFOs are crazy person poo poo.

And why would anyone need to make up UFO stories to get money for developing fancy drones and/or stealing or whatever...when they could just ask for money for fancy drones, and not get laughed out of the room? Its not like the government is shy about spending money on military poo poo (maybe basic poo poo like armor for expendable troops, but there's always a money hose for the development of drones and missiles and ships and airplanes and stuff).

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

UFO may as well stand for Unprecedented Financial Opportunity!

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Wheeee posted:

don't be silly of course the B-2 doesn't have that technology, you're thinking of the new replacement under development, the B-21

to be clear, I would absolutely believe the B-2 and B-21 have some wacky electromagnetic field technology that inverts the polarity on the deflector dish or whatever and reduces radar cross section. I am, however, not aware of any way an emag field could influence airflow enough to affect flight characteristics. Not my field, though, so I could be wrong.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Lue Elizondo, career counter-intelligence agent entrusted with high-level oversight of special access programs including involvement in Gitmo, has a new guaranteed get-rich scheme: going on every two-bit podcast that DMs him on twitter

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016
i can't remember who said it, but someone in the thread described all the r/atheist types wandering in here as "NDT undergrad motherfuckers" and it fits perfectly

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Seriously though, aside from guys like Bigelow, is anyone in UFOs doing better than "mid-level author"?

Like, I bet Giorgio Tsoukalos does well between books and TV and convention appearances but he's gotta hustle for it.

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Wheeee posted:

Lue Elizondo, career counter-intelligence agent entrusted with high-level oversight of special access programs including involvement in Gitmo, has a new guaranteed get-rich scheme: going on every two-bit podcast that DMs him on twitter

we should buy him an SA account

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
I miss Art Bell