Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

TheLoneStar posted:

Speed King will ride it, though.

Jobin is the kind of guy who would talk about his excellent very expensive and high class skateboard collection and then when you see it it's just a bunch of tech decks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

lmao

also lmao:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Please don't show me recent pictures of Brendan Fraser, they make me sad

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Huh, I didn't know they made a sequel to that weird Jotaro/Kakyoin doujin where Kira and Shigechi had an egg-child together

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

e: source
https://twitter.com/mikumo112/status/1408165651059855364

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

hahhahaha

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Asked a friend how far she'd gotten in Jojo last night and she said she'd just watched the Jenkem Boy episode

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Asked a friend how far she'd gotten in Jojo last night and she said she'd just watched the Jenkem Boy episode

I wouldn't wanna watch that episode

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/StickerTricker/status/1410894859368607748

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

a little less than 2 1/2 hours from now, for the record

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Startin' now, if anyone wants to catch it live

e: lol after an hour of already-seen interviews, it was just an announcement that there's going to be an announcement stream on August 8th

CodfishCartographer fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jul 4, 2021

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

https://twitter.com/StickerTricker/status/1411481808324239369

if you want to see the actual image, lmao

well if nothing else we have a dedicated thing for it established now. just,

lol

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I can't wait for the next event in August, where if you pay forty bucks, you get the grand unveiling of Pucci's VA, and nothing else.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm sure the august 8th thing will give an air date and whatever the hell else, but everything else about this is just funny as gently caress

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
So it was just an announcement of an announcement? Lol

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Johnny Joestar posted:

i'm sure the august 8th thing will give an air date and whatever the hell else, but everything else about this is just funny as gently caress

it's extra funny cus that final screen was shown for maybe like 5 seconds, if you stepped out of the room you'd have missed it

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

the August event is free apparently

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yeah, the stone ocean-specific thing in august won't cost money to view. realistically the cost for this night's whole thing was for seeing like behind the scenes stuff and interviews and whatever so i kind of don't know why some people paid only to catch whatever was hinted at the end. especially given that if anything actually had been shown off it probably would have been all over the internet in some form like right afterwards, whether it's some brief trailer getting uploaded by official accounts or other people ripping it and reposting it anyways.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I don't think I've ever seen a situation where a paid event had the people go "Watch for the end for a special surprise!" and the surprise being an announcement for another event. Really makes me glad I didn't buy a ticket.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Johnny Joestar posted:

yeah, the stone ocean-specific thing in august won't cost money to view. realistically the cost for this night's whole thing was for seeing like behind the scenes stuff and interviews and whatever so i kind of don't know why some people paid only to catch whatever was hinted at the end. especially given that if anything actually had been shown off it probably would have been all over the internet in some form like right afterwards, whether it's some brief trailer getting uploaded by official accounts or other people ripping it and reposting it anyways.

To be fair the anime expo site advertised the 5$ as going to a non-profit community, so I could see people buying in just to donate and get to see the reveal live.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

TheLoneStar posted:

I can't wait for the next event in August, where if you pay forty bucks, you get the grand unveiling of Pucci's VA, and nothing else.

throwing all of my money at the computer screen

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

CodfishCartographer posted:

To be fair the anime expo site advertised the 5$ as going to a non-profit community, so I could see people buying in just to donate and get to see the reveal live.

oh, cool. in that case, lmao, it's wildly funny that it happened this way and i'm glad it did. see y'all when the next jojolion chapter is out and on august 8th, i guess.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
People really need to learn to not heed Japanese marketing. Everything is a "world shaking" announcement and then it turns out it's just the release date for volume 11 or something.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Stand Power is based on how strongly you believe in your own personal brand of insane bullshit and that kid is going to grow up to be a killer.

The Smashing glass to stand under it to prove to yourself luck is on your side is peak jojo.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/ooyxxz/status/1414210707642486785?s=19

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
Just found out that Netflix finally dubbed Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency in brazilian portuguese. It's a really good dub. My two favorite voice actors voice Jonathan and Joseph.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1415229918904946688

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

huh

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I'll believe it when I see it.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

you're seeing it right now

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Maybe Kentaro Miura's death really got to him.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Jobin really jobbed.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Johnny Joestar posted:

you're seeing it right now

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

If this is the end, it did feel a little rushed. I suspect it'll flow better upon a front-to-back re-read though.

And it's still not as rushed as the end of Part 5.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

very interesting. oh well, I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
good riddance