Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

So the guard rail eats people, right? I guess now we know where the bite marks come from.

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

If that comes off, I'm gonna find the person who came up with it and start a loving religion in their name, because it's such a long shot.

It's not really that much of a stretch, look closely at Fumi's clothing and bag on the first page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

It has eyes, explaining the Wall Eyes. It has teeth, explaining the bite marks. Gappy is Josefumi Kujo and Yoshikage Kira combined, explaining all the weird physical stuff on him.

We weirdly have a lot of the mystery already explained now.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

It has eyes, explaining the Wall Eyes. It has teeth, explaining the bite marks. Gappy is Josefumi Kujo and Yoshikage Kira combined, explaining all the weird physical stuff on him.

We weirdly have a lot of the mystery already explained now.

Also why Gappy is naked when Yasuho finds him.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

Also why Gappy is naked when Yasuho finds him.

poo poo, you're right, even that is explained.

Dammit, I'm starting to come around on this.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I wonder how a part composed of nothing but these weird mystery stands would be? Cause I enjoy chapter like this and Milgaro Man. Make it some sort of Cryptid hunter series or something. Let's get the stand equivalent of Mothman.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Now I wish Part 8 followed the bizarre adventures of Lucy Steel and alternate Joseph Joestar

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

hatty posted:

Now I wish Part 8 followed the bizarre adventures of Lucy Steel and alternate Joseph Joestar

Seriously, give me alt universe battle tendency

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i mean yeah, at this point it's pretty obvious that 'joseph'/fumi has a relation to johnny if only due to the details of the steel ball run logo in multiple spots and him looking kinda similar in various ways. that kind of thing is pretty intentional. also worth a reminder that johnny has light-colored hair in comparison to like most any of the other people depicted in that area, so fumi having that alone is a dead ringer. araki is very definitely setting up Something here and we're going to get some kind of fittingly bizarre answers to a question or two even if it might not have been what we were initially expecting.

like, this 'radio gaga' rail thing is out of left field but it's so incredibly specific in what it does that there's going to be a reason for it

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Electric Phantasm posted:

I wonder how a part composed of nothing but these weird mystery stands would be? Cause I enjoy chapter like this and Milgaro Man. Make it some sort of Cryptid hunter series or something. Let's get the stand equivalent of Mothman.
Reminds me of potential spin-offs I've seen people come up with. An X-Files type show where two members of the Speedwagon Foundation, maybe even non-Stand Users, go and investigate what are essentially rouge stands like the Guardrail. I'd love something like that.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Isn’t that what Rohan series tries to do? I’d definitely like more of those

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

My thoughts after today's chapter:

This was purestrain Araki

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

hatty posted:

What if this is the set up for Part 9, and rather than going forwards down the Joestar family tree, we actually go backwards?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

hatty posted:

Isn’t that what Rohan series tries to do? I’d definitely like more of those

Oh poo poo you're right

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
I doubt this is going to explain the inexplicable flashforward but I wasn't expecting an explanation for the start of the story either so it'd be pretty fantastic if he pulls that off. If he goes even further and fills in all the holes I'll lose my drat mind.

Pigbuster fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jul 15, 2021

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Josuke Higashikata posted:

"One day, Araki will finally name a stand Radio Gaga"
"Oh sick, what kind of stand is it? Surely has a time power??"
"nah, it's a guardrail on a roadside. You get naked and then hit by a car or some poo poo"
A car did not hit into any of the victims, it shined it's headlights on them and the guardrail then atomized them.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

*a malevolent force starts trying to tear Lucy's clothes off*

Lucy: Dammit, not again!!!

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I don't think we're going to get every hole filled in (remember Karera? Cuz Araki clearly doesn't!) but this does seem to be going a good way to explaining what the gently caress happened to cause all this poo poo to be in motion in the first place.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Excellent chapter with interesting implications, though the fact that it’s the second to last one is kinda weird. And while I’m down for Thus Spoke Lucy Steel and all, at the very least I want some kind of resolution to Holly.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I don't think we're going to get every hole filled in (remember Karera? Cuz Araki clearly doesn't!) but this does seem to be going a good way to explaining what the gently caress happened to cause all this poo poo to be in motion in the first place.

Karera’s not really a plot hole to be fair. She just kinda hosed off since her plot relevance is finished.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Karera died of a cold.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Wasn't Karera involved with the Rokakaka smuggling somehow? I really need to reread JoJolion, feels like I'm forgetting half the plot points.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/hachurart/status/1415710142276976648

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
What happening in that last page? Is Lucy being torn apart or was the guardrail peeled somehow and it’s full of flesh?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I wouldn't read too far into this one, I think it's more just a quirk of Araki's artstyle.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Already gone, what was it?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
someone who pursued and got too close to the truth

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
It was a gif overlaying the flashback man's face on someone's eye from the new chapter, because of Araki's famously distinctive and unique faces since steel ball run

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I can't remember did any of the rock humans explain why they wanted the fruit? Cause I'm starting to think Lucy Steel and the Speedwagon Foundation hired them to get the fruit causing the main conflict of Jojolion.

Also guardrail is a Higashikita and Joshu's direct descendant.

Money, mostly, though Dr. Wu wanted to use it for medicine and Urban Guerilla said it would make the rock humans ascendant over humanity

TheLoneStar posted:

Wasn't Karera involved with the Rokakaka smuggling somehow? I really need to reread JoJolion, feels like I'm forgetting half the plot points.

She knew about it because of Kira, and also wanted it for the money

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

RatHat posted:

What happening in that last page? Is Lucy being torn apart or was the guardrail peeled somehow and it’s full of flesh?

I read it as that's the skeleton + guts of the driver who got sucked in earlier. First the guard rail catches your clothes, then sucks you inside of it, compressing you down and crushing you.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
i am at a loss for words

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
this fucks

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Where do you guys usually read this? I was using jojolionmanga.com but the last page of the manga is getting an imgur upload error and I'm dying to know what the gently caress is happening.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I usually download it from http://hiwamatanoboru.com

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

dr.acula posted:

Where do you guys usually read this? I was using jojolionmanga.com but the last page of the manga is getting an imgur upload error and I'm dying to know what the gently caress is happening.

The scanlator's site has a few links to read from.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Incidentally, this chapter has a really good translation in which I clearly understood everything that everybody was saying, which is a first for a JJBA scanslation, so kudos to someone out there.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
The Radiou Gaga Incident

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kono raDio gaga!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Did we ever actually get out of that first flashback?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

you've never left the flashback, jojo.

this is the power of my stand,

「ONCE IN A LIFETIME」

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I decided to reread JoJolion since it's ending next month, and I gotta say I really miss Josuke needlessly stating the exact measurement of objects and distances. I also forgot how severely Joshu was unhinged compared to how he was in further arcs. Dude seems like he can barley function in the first few chapters.