Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Lor posted:

Bit late to the party because I just noticed this now, but my favourite Hololive remixer (Holobass) deleted all his music videos on youtube. Kind of want to pay tribute to him without getting into a derail about Cover, because I love his stuff.

Just letting anyone know if they have them in playlists there's a reupload out there if you want it.

Didn't research why he deleted his stuff or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lor
Oct 9, 2006

Carteret posted:

You should look into why he deleted everything. Then, you should get a new favorite Hololive remixer (I recommend Avilon)

Oh, I also love Avilon! His remixes are awesome!

Lor
Oct 9, 2006

Tae posted:

Didn't research why he deleted his stuff or something?

I saw his last update video, and I know nothing about copyright on streaming platforms/corporate ownership of anything, so that's why I didn't say anything beyond "he removed his music" and I'll miss it. :confused:

Edit: I really didn't mean to start anything, sorry guys if I've done something stupid. Feel free to ignore me, that's usually the best course of action =D

Lor fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jul 18, 2021

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
It's petty, and cruel to a person who may not be neurotypical, but I still kinda want to see what his fight against the Holo Bass - Topic channel looks like.

Mafic Rhyolite
Nov 7, 2020

by Hand Knit
It's not like a horrible crime to not keep up with stupid internet drama stuff, and it's a little weird that people are so mad about you not knowing lol

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

shortform: cover has it down that most fanworks are in general assumed to be their property. nobody actually has to ask permission to use thumbnail art or to play songs like holobass's that use their voices somehow or whatnot. the streamers still usually do because that's how you foster a good community relationship

in this one particular case, amelia did a holobass song during a charity stream, without getting permission first, because the chat was screaming for it

holobass boiled his piss about it until vanishing into a cloud of piss vapor because cover didn't return his calls on the matter

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://files.catbox.moe/3lz7xa.mp4

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Lor posted:

I saw his last update video, and I know nothing about copyright on streaming platforms/corporate ownership of anything, so that's why I didn't say anything beyond "he removed his music" and I'll miss it. :confused:

Edit: I really didn't mean to start anything, sorry guys if I've done something stupid. Feel free to ignore me, that's usually the best course of action =D

Honestly, it's not really that contentious or going to start anything. The entire story is "Holo Bass made some very popular remixes and got very indignant when they discovered that you can't expect to personally profit off or control distrubtion of remixes you make of other peoples' content without an agreement in writing beforehand, then decided to have a big public meltdown about it instead of taking the lesson."

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Adding that, he had this meltdown during Amelia's charity stream meaning he wanted some remix money during a time of good cause donations.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
PPCC has condensed the pomu madness arc into a 30 minute clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FOB5jnb3hw

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Mafic Rhyolite posted:

It's not like a horrible crime to not keep up with stupid internet drama stuff, and it's a little weird that people are so mad about you not knowing lol

None of the replies looked angry to me so not sure what you're on about.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrPiX-AyYPY

Anny's first stab at minecraft, and her first stream highlight video too.

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

Patware posted:

shortform: cover has it down that most fanworks are in general assumed to be their property. nobody actually has to ask permission to use thumbnail art or to play songs like holobass's that use their voices somehow or whatnot. the streamers still usually do because that's how you foster a good community relationship

in this one particular case, amelia did a holobass song during a charity stream, without getting permission first, because the chat was screaming for it

holobass boiled his piss about it until vanishing into a cloud of piss vapor because cover didn't return his calls on the matter

And the lead-up to it was basically:
Fans post Holobass songs to Spotify -> Holobass decides to post his songs to Spotify himself -> Cover shuts those down as they don't allow people to monetize works using their content outside of Youtube ad revenue -> Holobass tries to contact Cover -> No response

That bit is basically the reasoning Holobass had for throwing such a shitfit about Amelia singing "Pop on Rocks".

Lor
Oct 9, 2006

Kanos posted:

... then decided to have a big public meltdown about it instead of taking the lesson."

Tae posted:

Adding that, he had this meltdown during Amelia's charity stream meaning he wanted some remix money during a time of good cause donations.

Ahh, I'm sorry, I didn't know this context to the story at all. Welp, that sucks.

Thank you for pointing that out to me!

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

probably less opportunity for it but I think it'd be hilarious if the HoloENs get this sort of cameo treatment

Lor
Oct 9, 2006

Viridiant posted:

None of the replies looked angry to me so not sure what you're on about.

It was me being preparatorily defensive that he was referring to, don't worry =D

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Honestly the least sympathetic part about the Holo Bass thing was when they posted about how they could DMCA the charity stream as it was running, but because they're Not An rear end in a top hat™ they will benevolently not do it.

Tequ
Sep 5, 2009
I love Mito's original songs. Soreyuke! Gakkyu Iinchou is probably my favorite out of all vtuber songs and Ura no Mito which came out just recently is great too.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

https://twitter.com/Rosemi_Lovelock/status/1416859369627652105

EN Curse is a day late

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Just Andi Now posted:

Honestly the least sympathetic part about the Holo Bass thing was when they posted about how they could DMCA the charity stream as it was running, but because they're Not An rear end in a top hat™ they will benevolently not do it.

"Nice Guys" can't help but tell you how nice they are, because how else would you know?

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD
wow, korone's going to play minecraft for the first time in a long while

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HargkBSTwjA

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Lt. Lizard posted:

This has finally convinced me to watch the VOD, holy hell. :staredog:

Where is it up?

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Wudz posted:

gonna build a giant statue of vivi

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Grondoth posted:

Where is it up?

Nyanners has it up on her channel (on Twitch).

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Grondoth posted:

Where is it up?

https://twitch.tv/videos/1087886461

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Wudz posted:

Yeah Holobass fell into the "I MADE THESE REMIXES THEY'RE MY PROPERTY" pit
Is he the guy who made the Amelia Mr Fox remix?

Lor
Oct 9, 2006

Wudz posted:

Ahh this is going to be fun to watch =D

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Wudz posted:

The box with the skull and airholes surrounded by implements of destruction is making me wonder if that's where Callie moved and the Cursed ASMR stream was her playing with Korone's collection.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

CannonFodder posted:

Is he the guy who made the Amelia Mr Fox remix?

That's the one that put them on the map.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Uwa, I'm not sure if Elira's advice to attempt a system restore was the best in this situation.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Wudz posted:

she's still got the Christmas BGM going.

Lor
Oct 9, 2006

Pyronic posted:

she's still got the Christmas BGM going.

Haha, yeah - is this a case of her not knowing what it is? It's been weeks now =D

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

Lor posted:

Haha, yeah - is this a case of her not knowing what it is? It's been weeks now =D

Dog knows exactly what she's doing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe1VatCR5zw

Kata-Haro fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jul 18, 2021

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Tequ posted:

I love Mito's original songs. Soreyuke! Gakkyu Iinchou is probably my favorite out of all vtuber songs and Ura no Mito which came out just recently is great too.

Yeah, she did a live special for the Youtube Music Weekend thing and it was very good (although the audio seemed a little off unfortunately).

There was also the All Stars concert compilation mostly from 2020 Shout in the Rainbow, and while the whole thing is 100% worth listening, it starts with Hayato Kagami's original songs and his heavy metal screams are definitely something else. It's also interesting to look back and see the improvements in the tech from just last year, like microphones not always being visible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHcqJU8CT8I

Kanfy fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jul 18, 2021

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Wow that's really good compression, if you made this video friend what did you use?

Lor
Oct 9, 2006

Yep, should have known =D

Tequ
Sep 5, 2009

Kanfy posted:

Yeah, she did a live special for the Youtube Music Weekend thing and it was very good (although the audio seemed a little off unfortunately).
I catched that, and yeah, it was pretty cool.

Kanfy posted:

There was also the All Stars concert compilation mostly from 2020 Shout in the Rainbow, and while the whole thing is 100% worth listening, it starts with Hayato Kagami's original songs and his heavy metal screams are definitely something else. It's also interesting to look back and see the improvements in the tech from just last year, like microphones not being visible yet back in these.
I'll check it out.

Lor
Oct 9, 2006

Kild posted:

[Fubuki and Matsuri in an anime]

What's this from? (Sorry if I missed it)

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Lor posted:

What's this from? (Sorry if I missed it)

I'm 90% sure it's The Detective Is Already Dead since it was announced a while back Fubuki and Matsuri would cameo as themselves in that show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lor
Oct 9, 2006

Falls Down Stairs posted:

I'm 90% sure it's The Detective Is Already Dead since it was announced a while back Fubuki and Matsuri would cameo as themselves in that show

Cheers pal!