Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

everythingWasBees posted:

uh wtf is this then

Probably a story Pekora told in her previous identity, which is literally referenced by her character's age, because she wanted people from her previous identity to follow her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

homeless snail posted:

Sure sounds like a whole lot of people itt has "literally nobody but..."''d about something or another. Just a couple of bad apples though right?
I checked. The only actual talk about Korone in the last ten pages was comparing Nene to her wrt dog energy.

uh wtf is this then
The childhood story was told on stream.
The middle bit was previous life stuff.
The third part are actual public facts and a bit of speculation.

Of these, literally only the middle part was deserving of spoilers and all it says is "they were really good friends since before" which they've told people on stream.

blossommirage posted:

It's not about you, it's about the safety of people putting themselves out there.
Nobody has said anything compromising anyone's safety.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

It depends on the what you find too personal I guess. Speculating on age or where they live is too much imo. But sharing cool things or music and art made in a past life is fine by me.
The question was literally "would you share something that is explicitly off limits" and you went "hell yeah, that's up to me to decide". That's pretty disgusting, dude

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Personally as long as it's actually content and not personal details I'm fine with it.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I know this may surprise the hand-wringers but streamers share personal stories on stream.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Hey everyone it isn't doxxing if Something Awful forums user "loving love Fiona Apple" says it isn't, spread the word

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I'm all on this duo with the girl just laughing in the background. It tickles me even more that the only phrase I know in Bahasa(?) is "Hey mister/sir" while this guy is climbing through windows to ask for the wifi password

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I will say that I think that the default stance, that corporate Vtubers sprang forth out of immaculate void, fully formed with no past to speak of when they got employed by a company and will forlornly return to non-existence with no trace left once said employment ends is kinda dumb and actively harmful to talents that actually continue to work in the field afterwards and probably wouldn't mind if they retained some of their fans. Companies mandate it because it benefits them and not the talents full-stop. So I don't see anything wrong about discussing past and future work of Vtubers across multiple "incarnations", as long as it's all under spoiler tags for anyone who wants to maintain kayfabe as much as possible.

I can also understand why discussions about age, gender or other personal information happen and I can see some value in them - if nothing else it's good to know that there are basically no personal circumstances that would prevent you from making it big as a Vtuber (as long as you can communicate in some form, I guess), but I can absolutely see how they are a slippery slope and wouldn't mind a harder line against them, despite engaging in them myself.

That being said, homeless snail is transparently caring less about privacy of Vtubers and more about stirring poo poo up, so whatever.

Lt. Lizard fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Jul 20, 2021

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

homeless snail posted:

Hey everyone it isn't doxxing if Something Awful forums user "loving love Fiona Apple" says it isn't, spread the word

It's true.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Kyte posted:

I know this may surprise the hand-wringers but streamers share personal stories on stream.

yes but its the im going to connect this with their past identities and other misc facts to try and come up with irl info and stuff that's the issue

streamers should be able to tell stories without trying to triangulate their local coffee shop or w/e
like nobody needs to try and find out where pomu got her navajo sand curse for example

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Terminal autist posted:

I don't like calling people doxxers when the youtube algorithm spent half a year showing us peoples irl identities especially when psychos are sending out like gps trackers and poo poo

I dunno how you set up your youtube but I don't see any of the irl identities crap

so I don't see youtube recommendations as an excuse

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

like nobody needs to try and find out where pomu got her navajo sand curse for example

Okay now I need to know if this is a real thing or if it's just made up for this example, because honestly it could go either way.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

yes but its the im going to connect this with their past identities and other misc facts to try and come up with irl info and stuff that's the issue

streamers should be able to tell stories without trying to triangulate their local coffee shop or w/e

nobody has done anything of that sort you twit

E: There was the weirdo trying to triangulate based on ping, yes, but that had absolutely nothing to do with their stories or their past lives. Nobody has shared any info that has or could be used to make connections of the sort you are suggesting.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Kyte posted:

Literally nobody talked about Korone's age aside from Takoluka bringing it up as an hypothetical example.

This is literally not loving true

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Pretty sure Korone is early 20s. Her taste in retro games comes from playing her dad's old collection while she was a child.

Lt. Lizard posted:

Hololive was initially presented as a part-time work you can do besides school for some extra income (I think Subaru, at least, mentioned this), so a lot of early gen Hololive members are actually ridiculously young, with some of them not even being 20, despite already streaming under Hololive for 2+ years (Haachama is a good example). On the other hand, as Hololive became more popular and successful, they became more focused on recruiting people with experience and solid track record, so most members of later gens are anywhere from mid 20's to almost 40.

Korone mentioned that she had already graduated from college IIRC, so I would put her at late 20's at youngest.

JazzFlight posted:

(Korone age topic, don’t look if you care)

Mod Edit:
*we aren't doing this*

The last one of these was someone posting the supposed exact month and year that she was born, for the record.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Just Andi Now posted:

Okay now I need to know if this is a real thing or if it's just made up for this example, because honestly it could go either way.

real thing her mom touched the sand and pomu almost died

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Kyte posted:

I checked. The only actual talk about Korone in the last ten pages was comparing Nene to her wrt dog energy.

The Korone thing happened and the guy got warned/probed whatever and the thread drew a line there.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

sb hermit posted:

I dunno how you set up your youtube but I don't see any of the irl identities crap

There are apparently some channels that will have clips with IRL identity stuff privated so they can get into the algorithm and then turn those stuff on. So it happens.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Just Andi Now posted:

Its nothing to joke about. Navajo sand curses are real.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoKQwV8USA8

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Kyte posted:

E: There was the weirdo trying to triangulate based on ping, yes, but that had absolutely nothing to do with their stories or their past lives. Nobody has shared any info that has or could be used to make connections of the sort you are suggesting.

Saagonsa posted:

The last one of these was someone posting the supposed exact month and year that she was born, for the record.

i was saying coffee shops as an example but here's an example of people doing just that to find month and year someone is born

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

real thing her mom touched the sand and pomu almost died

homeless snail posted:

Its nothing to joke about. Navajo sand curses are real.

I am reeling at this revelation.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Just Andi Now posted:

There are apparently some channels that will have clips with IRL identity stuff privated so they can get into the algorithm and then turn those stuff on. So it happens.

The point is not whether they exist. The point is that their existence shouldn't be an excuse. The algorithm is a black box and not everyone is going to get the exact same set of recommendations.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf
There's been digressions on some other talents' ages in fairly recent pages too

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I'm kind of embarrassed to ask but what's the Nijisanji-EN egg thing about?

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

like no i dont think the stuff in this thread is like actually endangering them but it's also like actual helldumping/borderline doxxing venturing into full doxxing way too often, and way more than a "oh this vtuber is an indie reincarnated" as a once off

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin

sb hermit posted:

It doesn't show up for me any more thankfully but there was like a solid 8 months or so during the pandemic if you were watching hololive stuff at all the algorithm would just feed you previous life videos. Real sinister poo poo, it would just pop up random years old footage of random holo live members with full kanji titles in youtube.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Wark/Julias please do the needful jesus christ

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

RealFoxy posted:

vibrators

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

RealFoxy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvh7j1B8dNA

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Rubellavator posted:

The Korone thing happened and the guy got warned/probed whatever and the thread drew a line there.

I legit forgot about that. My bad there.

Saagonsa posted:

The first two quotes were based on stuff said on stream, it's not even applicable for your point.
The third quote was based on information that had nothing to do with the previous two quotes. The only relationship is that they first two prompted JazzFlight to post, and I do agree he cross the line to "yeah this should not get posted".
The point I'm trying to make is that you're telling people off for sharing previous-work stuff because they could somehow be connected into a network of information that would lead to their home address or whatever and that has not happened. You're conflating "previous life" and "irl doxx" when the majority here have been sane enough to understand the difference.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Jul 20, 2021

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

kirbysuperstar posted:

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010

Rubellavator posted:

A lot of them literally have no choice because their companies forbid them.
We should do them a favor and post all the personal info they are too scared to share themselves, for their sake

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Kyte posted:

The first two quotes were based on stuff said on stream, it's not even applicable for your point.
The third quote was based on information that had nothing to do with the previous two quotes. The only relationship is that they first two prompted JazzFlight to post, and I do agree he cross the line to "yeah this should not get posted".
The point I'm trying to make is that you're telling people off for sharing previous-work stuff because they could somehow be connected into a network of information that would lead to their home address or whatever and that has not happened. You're conflating "previous life" and "irl doxx" when the majority here have been sane enough to understand the difference.

Okay but like, my point was that talking about stuff like korone's age is literally not relevant to this thread, and is kind of weird. People were defending discussing their past works as entertainers, and I actually agree with that, but we shouldn't pretend that that's what people are actually upset about like some people in here are.

Also those other 2 were mostly to just disprove your insane argument that nobody had done the thing that had actually happened.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Kyte posted:

Kyte posted:

I'm just loving these posts. Bold text with an insult "nobody has done this", followed up by with a quick edit "except for that one time" and then remembering the other time someone did that and saying "my bad". Weird how you didn't edit out or apologize for the insult though

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

"Do not doxx VTubers"
"I agree do not doxx VTubers"
"Okay, so you should stop doing it."
"But we're not doing it."
"Look at these posts detailing Pekora's personal life, things from Miko's past that make her uncomfortable when brought up"
"Oh yeah that's bad."
"Then stop doing it."
"But we're not though."

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.

kirbysuperstar posted:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

OOOF

I remember the first time I ordered a package at home, it was nothing malicious, just some clothes but my parents opened it up because "They thought it was theirs" and that's the same day I went to the post office and got a PO Box for my packages. I tried to get my friend in on it but he claimed his dad wouldn't go through his mail, and he found the fleshlight he ordered and thought got lost in the mail under his dad's bed while looking for his dog's tennis ball months later.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoF4AEL5jZc

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR8KX5e1Yfs

Towa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bny5SkESVEM

another one for the jojo pile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM4Uk7-lfSA

when selen and ollie collab

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF9Yu5A7P98

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

blossommirage posted:

"Do not doxx VTubers"
"I agree do not doxx VTubers"
"Okay, so you should stop doing it."
"But we're not doing it."
"Look at these posts detailing Pekora's personal life, things from Miko's past that make her uncomfortable when brought up"
"Oh yeah that's bad."
"Then stop doing it."
"But we're not though."