Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Jojomama is real and strong and my friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Stalin
May 11, 2004

Have no fear, the Captain is here!

Johnny Joestar posted:

it would probably help to let this current part end next month before you start blindly hoping the next one is going to be announced any moment now

It's Araki, if it came out that he was starting parts 9 and 10 concurrently; with part 9 ditching stands for teen romance, my only reaction would be "Yea, I can see him doing that."

It may be naive hope, but the guy has shown he's willing to defy any expectations.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

CodfishCartographer posted:

It says a lot that people will believe "jojomama" without batting an eye

Would it really be that out of step for Araki?

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

i completely believed jojomama

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Schwarzwald posted:

Would it really be that out of step for Araki?

Oh it would not be out of step for him at all, it's 100% believable and that's what makes it so great

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Crusader posted:

i completely believed jojomama

Jojomama is 100% real, just like Jouta Kujo and their stand, Charmy Green.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Captain Stalin posted:

It's Araki, if it came out that he was starting parts 9 and 10 concurrently; with part 9 ditching stands for teen romance, my only reaction would be "Yea, I can see him doing that."

But only for, like 10-15 episodes, then Stands are back again.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I really love the fascinatingly odd notes Araki leaves in JoJolion's volumes. Read one the other day about how he dislikes the song "Oh My Darling, Clementine" and that was the entirety of it.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

HIROHIKO ARAKI posted:

There are some things I just kinda have fun drawing. Previously, I really enjoyed doing the character Polnareff’s hairstyle, the original Josuke’s hairstyle, Killer Queen’s whole design, and Soft & Wet’s ears. Those sort of drawings where you draw them up with a “swish swish”, I go “Ooh!” from the impression it gives myself. This time, I have a lot of fun drawing Yasuho-chan’s skirt and don’t want to let anyone else draw it, but whenever I do draw it, I always think the flowers on the skirt have got to feel lumpy on her butt so she can’t sit down. Are you okay, Yasuho? I’m a little worried.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Part 9 could be about anything, but I'd be all in if it was called Jojomama.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

How many characters has he drawn that have outfits that double as hostile architecture specifically prevent the mere thought of sitting and yasuho's skirt is the one he is concerned about?? lol

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I also like how Araki words it like it's not 100% his fault she's in such an outfit.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

you make a good point

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Okay the Kira torture room a tually kind of has an explanation. A few chapters after its first shown, it's stated that the room was Yotsuyu's while he worked on designing the house / fruit parlor. We now know he was actively tracking down Kira, so it actually makes some sense that he would have some of Kira's things in his room.

With the benefit of hindsight, I'm a tually not fully convinced Araki meant for the Higashikatas to be villains initially, only for them to APPEAR villainous. Granted I still have no clue why Norisuke said he'd make Gappu his slave.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

CodfishCartographer posted:

Okay the Kira torture room a tually kind of has an explanation. A few chapters after its first shown, it's stated that the room was Yotsuyu's while he worked on designing the house / fruit parlor. We now know he was actively tracking down Kira, so it actually makes some sense that he would have some of Kira's things in his room.

With the benefit of hindsight, I'm a tually not fully convinced Araki meant for the Higashikatas to be villains initially, only for them to APPEAR villainous. Granted I still have no clue why Norisuke said he'd make Gappu his slave.

Man of the house has to set some ground rules.

Was that said before or after Norisuke thought Gappy hooked up with his blind daughter?

Edit: Had a thought: what are the chances that Araki makes JoJo9 star a rock human JoJo? Could that even be biologically possible? Assuming whatever’s next is the descendant of Gappy, maybe.

Whatever happens in this final upcoming chapter it does feel like the rock humans deserve something of a redemption for the difficulty of their lives that does feel resolved as is.

Kart Barfunkel fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Jul 21, 2021

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

If we get a part 9 I’m guessing it will be someone on the extended Joestar/Akira/Kujo family tree rather than Josuke’s kid. I’m also willing to bet we will never see or hear about rock humans again.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

The next part will be about Kars' adventures in space

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Funny Valentine returns after 100 years stuck in a hole

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

first jojo part set in the far future

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

In the grim darkness of the 41st Millennium, there is only posing.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Can't believe Santana moved to Japan and became a guardrail

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Flashback Man will actually be the JoJo of Part 9.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

TheLoneStar posted:

Flashback Man will actually be the JoJo of Part 9.

Flashback man is Fumi (Joseph?) and the guardrail story is something Holly is telling Josuke one minute after the flashforward right before Karera shows up on the last page

Araki uses the final text box of Part 8 to call us jabronie marks without a life that don't know it a work when you work a work and work yourself into a shoot,marks

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Crusader posted:

first jojo part set in the far future

Caveman JoJo

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
JoJo, in, SPAAAAAACE~

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
My uncle who works at lucky land tells me the next installment after Jojolion will be called Jojorabbit, starring Jojo Siwa

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Part 9 will be Araki's attempt at a shonen pirate manga about the golden age of piracy starring jocosa edjo and her stand, sea of green

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Part 9 will feature luchadores. Stands will manifest as masks.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

SKULL.GIF posted:

Part 9 will feature luchadores. Stands will manifest as masks.

araki please

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
A world where every person is aware stands exist would be weird as hell.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Part 9 is just the story of Jesus but written like a Jojo story.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

FirstAidKite posted:

Part 9 will be Araki's attempt at a shonen pirate manga about the golden age of piracy starring jocosa edjo and her stand, sea of green

Once there was a 'man' named 'Running Wild'. He had 'fame', 'power', and 'wealth' beyond your 'wildest dreams'. Before they hung him from the gallows, these were the 'final words' he said: "My 'fortune'....is yours for the 'taking'......I left 'everything' I 'own' in 'One Piece'.......Now you just have to 'find it'." Ever since, pirates from 'all over the world' set sail for the 'Sunset on the Golden Age', looking for 'One Piece', the treasure that would 'make their dreams come true'.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I mean One Piece already has a Stand User...

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Rourounoua Zourou

Uso~~~~~~~pp

Geboh-a Hancock

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Okay so I spent last afternoon rereading JoJolion up to the current chapter and...I actually like it a lot more now? It's definitely a lot more consistent than what I originally thought, especially if you read it all in one go. The only two major inconsistencies are easy to clear up, too, if you're willing to employ a bit of headcanon:

1. Karera and the picture she shows Gappy: Karera is in possession of a picture of her with Kira and Josefumi, which is impossible given that Kira doesn't even know who she is when he dies. To fix this: in the chapter where Kira and Josefumi get attacked by Vitamin C, pretend that instead of saying he doesn't know who she is, Kira says something like, "oh, it's that girl you know, the one who took a picture of us," or something like that.

2. The flashforward: just excise it. Skip it and pretend it doesn't exist. It has no bearing on anything.

I don't know what's going to happen in the final chapter but I'm a lot more positive on the series as a whole now.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

The next JoJo part will take place in Victorian England and star a polite rich boy dealing with his evil adopted brother. Most fighters will have the same stand that lets them pull off supernatural feats with proper breathing techniques.

...ah, sounds stupid.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm still holding to my initial assessment that gappy is going to end up with twin kids because he has 4 nads (and that is 100% something araki would do even if it makes no sense) and it'll be slightly in the future and they'll be loosely based off of giorno and jolyne

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Johnny Joestar posted:

i'm still holding to my initial assessment that gappy is going to end up with twin kids because he has 4 nads (and that is 100% something araki would do even if it makes no sense) and it'll be slightly in the future and they'll be loosely based off of giorno and jolyne

They have to go on an adventure with only their uncle Joshu and aunt Kei to assist them.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I thought Kei was dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
There are a lot of characters right now who may or may not be dead