Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Earth posted:

I wonder if there’s a timeframe yet for when the BrickLink sets will be sent out.

On the site it says January 2022 for first wave preorders and June 2022 for second wave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

RatHat posted:

On the site it says January 2022 for first wave preorders and June 2022 for second wave.

Uh what happens if I don't live here in a year?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

HootTheOwl posted:

I just emailed LEGO customer service to ask about this, I'm moving in two weeks.

Earth
Nov 6, 2009
I WOULD RATHER INSERT A $20 LEGO SET'S WORTH OF PLASTIC BRICKS INTO MY URETHRA THAN STOP TALKING ABOUT BEING A SCALPER.
College Slice

RatHat posted:

Fuckin’a that’s a long time to wait. Hopefully I’m still employed then and can afford it.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Here's a review of the forthcoming Guardians of the Galaxy ship.
https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-marvel-76193-the-guardians-ship-review-a-ucs-set-for-the-superhero-age/
I'm not really in to marvel or space ships, but being able to rotate it on it's stand will make for a more dynamic display.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

deoju posted:

Here's a review of the forthcoming Guardians of the Galaxy ship.
https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-marvel-76193-the-guardians-ship-review-a-ucs-set-for-the-superhero-age/
I'm not really in to marvel or space ships, but being able to rotate it on it's stand will make for a more dynamic display.

If they’re doing UCS Marvel sets I would’ve preferred Hulkbuster or Avengers tower but sure

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

RatHat posted:

If they’re doing UCS Marvel sets I would’ve preferred Hulkbuster or Avengers tower but sure

There is a big Hulkbuster. I guess it could always be bigger …

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Dogen posted:

There is a big Hulkbuster. I guess it could always be bigger …

Yeah it’s only around 1000 pieces(the rest of the set isn’t actually part of the Hulkbuster).

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Interceptor progress

"oh cool I can turn this new tie fighter into an awesome looking interceptor? It's only $30 on Amazon rn lets do this!"

"oh wait the comments say he added a few parts nbd" I have have like 100lbs of sorted Lego parts"

"oh wait literally almost nothing from this """"alternate build"""" was from the original set and I have like 20% of the parts I need after sifting through my poo poo for hours and making a complete mess of my house"

"is there a parts list? Nope. cool I guess someone in the Youtube comments did it for him so I have it now"

"$30 more blown on BL and I still am missing a few parts"

Like, dude if you want to make a cool mod, show it off but don't pretend like it isn't going to be a nightmare for anyone else to do unless they have an insane selection of parts to pull from. I make poo poo that I have no idea how to tutorialize for other people but I don't frame it as "one easy trick" or something.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

RatHat posted:

That Daily Bugle set just came out? They’ll probably do an Avengers Tower next year.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

I did my first build session since the middle of April last night. I'm finally working on Discovery after finishing Hubble and just... stopping.

Anhedonia sucks and I had fun. Now to finish the Shuttle and tackle my pile of shame.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

HootTheOwl posted:

Lego customer service updated the shipping address for me.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Cloks posted:

Lego customer service updated the shipping address for me.

That's good news.

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life

veni veni veni posted:

Interceptor progress

"oh cool I can turn this new tie fighter into an awesome looking interceptor? It's only $30 on Amazon rn lets do this!"

This was almost me until you mentioned something about needing a specific part and I'm glad i didn't just pull the trigger. It's not an alt build if you need $30 worth of parts to finish it!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
You didn't pay for the instructions did you? If you did, and the person labeled it as an alt-build, leave a bad review or comment saying it's not really an alt build.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Nth Doctor posted:

I did my first build session since the middle of April last night. I'm finally working on Discovery after finishing Hubble and just... stopping.

Anhedonia sucks and I had fun. Now to finish the Shuttle and tackle my pile of shame.

Yeah sometimes my wife is like "why don't you build something to cheer yourself up" and I'm like "I wouldn't enjoy it"... BRAINS YAY

Shuttle rules. I usually keep my most recent build on the coffee table but Discovery has been on the coffee table and other things have gone straight to display/parts bin since I built it.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
I wonder what "$30" of parts on BL looks like without the price filter for each and every piece, then shipping from however many different sellers

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I got the Yoda statue and the Ecto-1 for my birthday, as well as a surfer dude with a teeny car that my dad got for ordering online. I’ve started working on the former

The first bag is a box-shaped scaffold with Yoda feet on the bottom; rectangular frames with a bunch of these blue pins sticking out of the sides. I have two blue pins left over in the first bag rather than the usual one, and even though I’ve triple checked everything, I’m still feeling kinda :tinfoil: about missing something.

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jul 28, 2021

Dogen
May 5, 2002

I wouldn’t worry too much about random extra technic pins, 1x1 pieces etc

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
Sailboat Adventure revealed

quote:

The August store calendar for the USA has revealed that 40487 Sailboat Adventure will be a gift with purchase from 1st to the 29th August when you spend in excess of $200.

The model is based on the winner of last year's LEGO Ideas Build that holiday contest by yc_solo entitled Sailing Ship Adventure. As you will see from the photos after the break the finished model is very similar to his submission.

It's a hefty threshold, but there will be plenty of new releases available at the start of the month, so spending that much shouldn't be a problem!
$200, ouch! Very cute, though.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Carbohydrates posted:

I dig this boat. Would let sit unassembled in my office next to my neglected personal computer for three months.

Earth
Nov 6, 2009
I WOULD RATHER INSERT A $20 LEGO SET'S WORTH OF PLASTIC BRICKS INTO MY URETHRA THAN STOP TALKING ABOUT BEING A SCALPER.
College Slice

Carbohydrates posted:

I regret buying the bugle for double points now… may buy something for resale to go ahead and grab this freebie. I did decide I don’t want the ninjago gardens, but may buy them to sell once they expire and get me a sailboat.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

I wonder what "$30" of parts on BL looks like without the price filter for each and every piece, then shipping from however many different sellers

Probably like 5 bux or less if I wasn't lazy and just odering from the cheapest seller with the most parts. Between the hassle, minimum buys and shipping costs I don't know how much I would have come out ahead trying to save some money.

Cojawfee posted:

You didn't pay for the instructions did you? If you did, and the person labeled it as an alt-build, leave a bad review or comment saying it's not really an alt build.

No it was just some Youtube video. Really nothing wrong with it and it's not like he's charging anyone. Just seems silly to make it seem like an alt build when it uses 50 part types that aren't in the set, and you mostly need them in quantities of 4-16 because it has 4 wings. It's something very few people are just going to be able to "throw together"

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Earth posted:

I regret buying the bugle for double points now… may buy something for resale to go ahead and grab this freebie. I did decide I don’t want the ninjago gardens, but may buy them to sell once they expire and get me a sailboat.

Maybe you should stop posting about reselling poo poo? Read the room, mr red text.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
lmao it's a different one now

Earth
Nov 6, 2009
College Slice

Waltzing Along posted:

Maybe you should stop posting about reselling poo poo? Read the room, mr red text.

Nah.

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo
LEGO should make an RTX 30 series GPU range

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
I thought there was a dedicated thread for Lego in SA Mart, probably more fruitful than shouting into an empty room

Earth
Nov 6, 2009
College Slice

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

I thought there was a dedicated thread for Lego in SA Mart, probably more fruitful than shouting into an empty room

Yeah, I don’t try to sell anything here. I speak about selling as part of the hobby. Which I will continue to do as it was determined ages ago that it’s okay to talk about that part of the hobby in this thread. I also used to trade lego a lot, but haven't lego traded in a couple of years. When I was doing trading I probably did at least 50 trades. My collection is pretty much covered now so thankfully I don’t have to hang out on /r/legotrade anymore.

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.
SA topic threads should be like trading ports where if you don't make your wares available for sale we train the costal defense cannons on you when you try to leave

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

Lady Militant posted:

SA topic threads should be like trading ports where if you don't make your wares available for sale we train the costal defense cannons on you when you try to leave

The trouble with this plan is once goons move in, they never leave.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Anias posted:

The trouble with this plan is once goons move in, they never leave.

Please look at the recent autoban threads in GBS to disabuse yourself of this notion.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

You can't tell if I've left or just stopped posting for a month because I was obsessed with some other hobby for a while.

Coastal defenses defeated!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Scalping is a really annoying problem that affects buying most things these days, but personally I couldn't care less if someone wants to resell something down the line. Stashing some sets away to cover some of the cost of your hobby isn't a bad idea and I have thought about it myself at times (I cant help myself from building any set I buy and I get gun shy on buying 2 copies of some expensive set though). Especially in regards to something like Ninjago Gardens, which is widely available to anyone right now and won't have any added value until it's out of production for like a year. Somebody squirreling one away isn't hurting anyone.

On the other hand I think the same guy was bragging about scoring 3x copies of the Bricklink castle at the same time that all of the rest of us were complaining about not being able to get one, which is pretty whack.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Taking apart Technic/Bionicle sets is awful

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

RatHat posted:

Taking apart Technic/Bionicle sets is awful

I love what you can build with those technic pins with the stud but gently caress off with removing them. It's easy with an axle or brick separator but it's never enjoyable.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

xzzy posted:

I love what you can build with those technic pins with the stud but gently caress off with removing them. It's easy with an axle or brick separator but it's never enjoyable.

The third party separators with the technic pin tweezers are awesome for this, it makes disassembly way more easy. I really hope Lego would create a special brick separator for Technic that has this (like they have one for the mosaic sets), but I guess they won't :/

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

tuo posted:

The third party separators with the technic pin tweezers are awesome for this, it makes disassembly way more easy. I really hope Lego would create a special brick separator for Technic that has this (like they have one for the mosaic sets), but I guess they won't :/

Alternatively use needlenose pliers

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I have dozens of the alternatives here. Just wish Lego would add them, because they are really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
I’m sure a plastic dead blow hammer will do the trick just fine