Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I prefer my childhood memories of the sound and feel of digging through a giant bucket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I like doing loose sorting. Like, I separate vaguely similar part types so I can find what I need quickly but I’m still digging in buckets mostly. The idea of separating every part in to different little drawers stresses me out just thinking about it lol.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

Also Carbs was right. the classic robin minifig immediately shot up from $15 to 50 because of this set :sigh:

I'm glad I had picked one up when Carbs pointed it out, because the market did what it does best -- absolutely poo poo the bed. Not having a Robin in the set seems like a weird decision... if they were going to release other Classic TV Batman sets this year, sure, I get leaving Robin out in order to force a second sale. But leaving it entirely to a secondary market thing? This is the same Lego that inexplicably gave us ever member of the Bad Batch in a single set, but not arguably the most iconic duo in popular culture? Weird all around.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

This thread is constantly tempting me to go up to the enormous unsorted piles of lego in the attic, but I am saved by having no room.

I have all the parts of the classic sets up there though. Blacktron, M-Tron, Pirates, Castle, Ice Planet, Aquazone, Space Police.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

I'm glad I had picked one up when Carbs pointed it out, because the market did what it does best -- absolutely poo poo the bed. Not having a Robin in the set seems like a weird decision... if they were going to release other Classic TV Batman sets this year, sure, I get leaving Robin out in order to force a second sale. But leaving it entirely to a secondary market thing? This is the same Lego that inexplicably gave us ever member of the Bad Batch in a single set, but not arguably the most iconic duo in popular culture? Weird all around.

Tbh as much as I like the Ceaser Romero joker I feel like it would have made more sense to include robin and not him. The set really feels lacking without Robin. Hopefully they do another classic Batman set soon to rectify this because I’m not paying 50 bux for a mini figure.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Actually in the unlikely event someone has an extra classic robin they’d be willing to trade I will make it worth your while. I have an extra Zuckuss who is himself generally pretty pricey and a bunch of of CMFs, comic book stuff and Disney trilogy characters I don’t care about. Basically anything but my OT stuff is on the table.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

veni veni veni posted:

Actually in the unlikely event someone has an extra classic robin they’d be willing to trade I will make it worth your while. I have an extra Zuckuss who is himself generally pretty pricey and a bunch of of CMFs, comic book stuff and Disney trilogy characters I don’t care about. Basically anything but my OT stuff is on the table.
I bought my Classic Robin when they were cheap (when I made my apparently accurate predictive post about it) in anticipation of buying the 66 Batmobile but then never got around to buying said set, because I'm not really buying lego sets these days at all. I'll send it your way for what I paid: $17 and shipping, if you want.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I almost bought one myself when you made that post and I didn't because I'm an idiot and assumed that eventually another classic Robin would be made. Maybe it'll still happen!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I can see a Batgirl on the Batbike, and Catwoman in her car set coming, and them throwing Robin in with them.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Dogen posted:

I almost bought one myself when you made that post and I didn't because I'm an idiot and assumed that eventually another classic Robin would be made. Maybe it'll still happen!

:same:

Except I forgot all about it. Oh well.

Not really a priority, though.

Starting to wonder what the Xmas set will be this year. I hope it's a good one. The last few have been...disappointing, at best.

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Cloks posted:

I've taken apart 3 modulars, Wall-E and a bonsai tree this week.

There was a Wall-E set?

:aaa:

*furiously googles*

:3:

*looks at aftermarket price*

:(

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Good god

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph39br0ODyA

Star Wars fans are very dedicated

(Obligatory "my left ear loved this")

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

ROJO posted:

There was a Wall-E set?

:aaa:

*furiously googles*

:3:

*looks at aftermarket price*

:(

Even better, it was designed off a model the original artist for the movie built to help make the movie.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The Wall-E set is what got me back into regular lego.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Carbohydrates posted:

I bought my Classic Robin when they were cheap (when I made my apparently accurate predictive post about it) in anticipation of buying the 66 Batmobile but then never got around to buying said set, because I'm not really buying lego sets these days at all. I'll send it your way for what I paid: $17 and shipping, if you want.

Wow, thanks! I would love that!

Just PM me your Paypal and I'll send $$ over. You rock!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Cojawfee posted:

:same:

It's also the set that has been assembled the longest. I was thinking of diassembling to give it a wash to get it super shiny again. But wall-e is supposed to be dirty, anyway.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Cojawfee posted:

I got back into Lego a year or so before Wall E, but before that I was mostly buying sets from a friend at huge discounts, and buying cheap ones from the store. Paying $70 for a set seemed wild to me at the time, but I said screw it and got Wall E because it was so good. I wish I still had that kind of self control. I don't know how I got to the point where I'll just drop $300+ on a set without thinking twice.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I be pretty surprised if they did another 66 batman set. The batmobile is by far the most recognizable thing from that movie/show. Though a penguin submarine or bat copter would be neat.

Edit: Oh, they should do the exploding octopus! That thing looked so cool.

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

Cojawfee posted:

A combination of Wall-E and the Saturn V here. Bought it from Toys R Us, and took it to work the day after I built it. It stayed in my desk there until I transitioned home in early 2019 and has been on my desk at home since. He will never get taken apart, it is too perfect of a set.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I want to get the Saturn V but it takes up the area of like 3 sets on its own and I have limited space.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

RatHat posted:

I want to get the Saturn V but it takes up the area of like 3 sets on its own and I have limited space.

You can display it standing up. Then it only takes up vertical space. It's a lot of vertical space but it's base isn't that wide. It also looks a lot better that way.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Was going to say, the Saturn V easily takes up the least space of any set I have.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

RatHat posted:

Good god

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph39br0ODyA

Star Wars fans are very dedicated

(Obligatory "my left ear loved this")

This is amazing and it goes on forever

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Wall-E and the Saturn V displayed vertically chat?? I got something for this! Hold on let me spend ten minutes scrolling through Imgur uploads..

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

When will the Seinfeld set actually be available in LEGO stores?

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Building the Seinfeld set right now and the sticker sheet is incredible

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

When will the Seinfeld set actually be available in LEGO stores?

It already is.

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Stan Taylor posted:

:eyepop:

Wow they really hide that so it is barely visible in all the official photos. That is an amazing addition.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The_Doctor posted:

I can see a Batgirl on the Batbike, and Catwoman in her car set coming, and them throwing Robin in with them.

There's her Batbike, the Batcycle with sidecar, the Batcoptor, and the Batboat they could do and add a Robin too (particularly the Batcycle, since the sidecar came off and was a little vehicle on its own.)

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Stan Taylor posted:

Av material

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I don't know exactly what I'm looking at, but I love it.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

a lot me of me not remembering how to block shots or set up backgrounds. also me thinking a single camera would be good, and it would've been were it not for the one shot where the angle had to be way different

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I've seen people reminiscing for Aquazone a few times. There are some new Ninjago sets about to release that seem to be very aqua inspired.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dogen posted:

I don't know exactly what I'm looking at, but I love it.

Possibly a sequel to Dogma

pantX0r
Jan 7, 2004
hey, back again!

Harvey Baldman posted:

So I got an astronaut set as a gift from AliExpress and I actually adore the thing. Went together pretty easily and it's very cute.

Makes me want a deep-sea diver version.

I just got mine in, and I have no regrets, the thing is honkin' huge!

I put a Lego Benny inside (with some levers for driving!), as I didn't have a skeleton or ghost handy.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I got some cheap bowls for putting LEGO in as i take sets apart, thought others might be interested:

https://www.target.com/p/37oz-plastic-cereal-bowl-orange-room-essentials-8482/-/A-81305125

I've been using plastic stadium cups but the wider mouth on these means i can just chuck a brick at them

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I've been using these for years. The price feels like it's gone up but for 48 sorting bins it still feels reasonable because they stack neatly and can efficiently fill a box too.

https://www.globalindustrial.com/p/little-bin-plastic-stacking-bins-2-3-4-x-5-1-4-x-3-yellow

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
I usually end up grabbing dishes out of the cupboard for larger sorting projects (until the pieces can be returned to their respective bags)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogen
May 5, 2002

In line at the lego store this morning- they are passing out order forms in the line to speed things up. So weird.

E: they just went back to curbside(?) yesterday but are doing this to let one person in the store at a time since it’s a launch day

Dogen fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Aug 1, 2021