Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Slashrat posted:

He's a member of Delta Squad, from the Republic Commando video game.

If there’s any game other than KotOR that deserves a remaster it’s Republic Commando.

e: Apparently there is. :v: Now we just need KotOR

Anita Dickinme fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Jul 30, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Anita Dickinme posted:

If there’s any game other than KotOR that deserves a remaster it’s Republic Commando.

e: Apparently there is. :v: Now we just need KotOR

Aspyr is working on one.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

So that's why Stormtroopers suck. Gregor trained them wrong, as a joke.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Shoehead posted:

This episode was really good

Shoehead's got a point.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

tribbledirigible posted:

So that's why Stormtroopers suck. Gregor trained them wrong, as a joke.

I thought this was so beautiful. :allears:

Scorch’s cameo was so amazing to me. I haven’t played Republic Commando since it first released when I was like 10 and now I want to pick up a PS4 just for this drat game… also this makes Republic Commando canon.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
iirc all four of the Republic Commando characters had a cameo in a later TCW episode

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I… completely missed that. I know it’s laziness cus I could just do it myself but I’m hoping Disney ends up putting TCW in chronological order on Disney+ for my lazy rewatching pleasure.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Anita Dickinme posted:

I… completely missed that. I know it’s laziness cus I could just do it myself but I’m hoping Disney ends up putting TCW in chronological order on Disney+ for my lazy rewatching pleasure.

Tbf it’s a very blink-and-miss-it cameo. I think they just show up and give a quick debrief to Obi-Wan at the very beginning of an episode.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Nice to see the Ralph McQuarrie design being used for the first generation stormtroopers. They were going to do something similar with the original TIE fighters in Solo, so I wonder if we'll see Colin Cantwell's Star Destroyer pop up at some point. Is there a canon look for the Victory class yet?

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Robot Style posted:

Nice to see the Ralph McQuarrie design being used for the first generation stormtroopers. They were going to do something similar with the original TIE fighters in Solo, so I wonder if we'll see Colin Cantwell's Star Destroyer pop up at some point. Is there a canon look for the Victory class yet?

Ah, yeah, Robot Style's got a point.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That was an immensely satisfying episode. The wide shots were loving beautiful but I do have a thing for forests.

I also kinda fixed the HDR issue on my tv and dug a little deeper to increase the brightness from 50 to 65 on my LG (not OLED). As soon as the episode opened on a night scene I knew it was time to fix the issue of not being able to see poo poo after last weeks mine cart scenes.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
[b]BUNNIES ARE CUTE BUT DEADLY/b]

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Aspyr is working on one.

I assume you meant working on fixing it. It was released in may(?). I have the switch version and uh....not a great port sadly

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Speaking of cameos, I loved that they used John Williams’ stormtrooper/Empire leitmotif from A New Hope so prominently in this episode.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Phylodox posted:

Speaking of cameos, I loved that they used John Williams’ stormtrooper/Empire leitmotif from A New Hope so prominently in this episode.

There was a genuine unease and menace in every base scene and a lot of that was the score suddenly getting “real”.

I just can’t believe how much this show has won me over. I couldn’t have cared less when it was announced, actively kinda hated the titular Bad Batch in their debut, and now I’m staying up for new episodes to drop and hoping a multi-season renewal is around the corner.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

We’ve only got two episodes left if I remember right so unless they plan to pack a ton of stuff into them I think it’s pretty safe to say that a second season (if not more) is all but confirmed at this point.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

There was a genuine unease and menace in every base scene and a lot of that was the score suddenly getting “real”.

I just can’t believe how much this show has won me over. I couldn’t have cared less when it was announced, actively kinda hated the titular Bad Batch in their debut, and now I’m staying up for new episodes to drop and hoping a multi-season renewal is around the corner.

OP's got a point.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Larryb posted:

We’ve only got two episodes left if I remember right so unless they plan to pack a ton of stuff into them I think it’s pretty safe to say that a second season (if not more) is all but confirmed at this point.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the last episode or maybe even both end up being a hour long like they did with the premier.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Yeah - hearing that music made this episode just so much greater!

Also, I was the EXACT same way at first - I don't stay up late but I do make sure I catch the episode before I leave for work (or just watch at work before the day kicks in).

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Very satisfying episode. I love this series. When they showed up in the final season of TCW, I was very underwhelmed by the characters, but I am now completely invested in the Bad Batch.

Also, random thought Do you think there is any significance to the cooked side of Crosshair’s head also being the side the biochip is on?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Crosshair - I have a feeling he's permanently like that and there's not reversing it. They are going to have to kill him.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Marsupial Ape posted:

Also, random thought Do you think there is any significance to the cooked side of Crosshair’s head also being the side the biochip is on?

Maybe, but I do think it’s inevitable that Crosshair will rejoin the team or be redeemed in some way. And given how SW loves Death of the Mentor, I also feel like Hunter’s death is equally inevitable.

The stoic detached gunslinger befriending the local kid after he decides to protect the town/get involved etc is a not-uncommon Western trope, so I could see Crosshair rejoining the team following Hunter’s death and rediscovering his humanity through a friendship/mentorship with Omega.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Crosshair's just an rear end in a top hat, always has been and always will be.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

But now he's an rear end in a top hat with a kid to look after

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That was probably my favorite episode so far of the series

Having the music be ANH Deathstar music let you know whats up, these are the first generation Stormtroopers. Seeing the Clone Commandos being the bootlickers training them was great too. Scortch, you rear end in a top hat.

Having Hunter be the one who was captured was not what I expected. Though if someone is going to wreck poo poo up while being captured, it was him

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
They’re going to capture Crosshair and remove the chip and all live happily ever after… for five minutes until Crosshair reveals he really was loyal to the Empire and the chip had nothing to do with it.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

"Empire? No, I just love murdering children specifically"

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Anita Dickinme posted:

They’re going to capture Crosshair and remove the chip and all live happily ever after… for five minutes until Crosshair reveals he really was loyal to the Empire and the chip had nothing to do with it.

Yeah, in waiting for the reveal that his chip was defective

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Same.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Gonky is the hero of the show

I'm glad Dad Batch is back to form.

Though it's extremely confusing why the batch keep blue donuting people when the show is perfectly fine shooting people. Wrecker himself hosed down a few, I don't know the rules for this.

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jul 31, 2021

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
They blue donut people who are, or are assumed to be, clones. They still don't want to hurt their brothers :gbsmith:

Everyone else gets :blaster:

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Anita Dickinme posted:

And then he guns down Hunter right in front of Omega, touching off her 2nd season training/revenge arc

Bonus points if they recreate this shot

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Everyone knows ships aren't people and so you can blow them up guilt free.

Loving the continual glimpses of Early Imperial Transition, in this case the new Stormie armor. Neat stuff.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Arquinsiel posted:

They blue donut people who are, or are assumed to be, clones. They still don't want to hurt their brothers :gbsmith:

Everyone else gets :blaster:

But Wrecker didn't know they weren't clones when he unloaded on their evac :confused:

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Its Rinaldo posted:

But Wrecker didn't know they weren't clones when he unloaded on their evac :confused:

Wrecker's a lot less sympathetic than the rest of the Batch when they're shooting live rounds at him.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Also I'm pretty sure stunning a ship just results in them dying slightly slower anyway, if ship cannons can even be set to stun.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Cross-Section posted:

And then he guns down Hunter right in front of Omega, touching off her 2nd season training/revenge arc

Bonus points if they recreate this shot

Stop it! Hunter’s going to be fine, they’re all going to be fine.

:negative:

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

If anyone's gonna die, it's gonna be Wrecker

Why else would they be getting all the bonding scenes?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The fighters they down clearly have emergency ejects so it's fine.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Xelkelvos posted:

Who cares, they're bootlickers who joined the empire by choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Xelkelvos posted:

They blew up the cargo robot!