Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Aurora posted:

it's the same logic as 'tsumiki isn't a zen'in'

Tsumiki is not biologically related however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Silver2195 posted:

IIRC, Six Eyes and The Limitless are both inherited. Satoru is special because he has both at once and they synergize well.

Limitless is considered to not be particularly strong unless the Gojo member has Six Eyes as well.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Limitless is incredibly strong. It just has very punishing drawbacks/requirements. The Six Eyes, however, circumvent this by basically keeping Satoru's cursed energy pool usage hilariously economic.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Wark Say posted:

Limitless is incredibly strong. It just has very punishing drawbacks/requirements. The Six Eyes, however, circumvent this by basically keeping Satoru's cursed energy pool usage hilariously economic.

That's what I mean. It's kind of like Mai's Creation in that it normally is too complicated and energy consuming to get good usage out of it. But Six Eyes helps negate all of that and lets our favorite Gojo keep it on pretty much 24/7.

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

I was hiding under your bench because I don't want to work out
What did Mai leave in Maki's hand? It's the panels where they revert to both being kids.

Im also confused by Make's final interaction with her mother and her final moments.

I really like this manga but quite a lot does go over my head on first read.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Lethemonster posted:

What did Mai leave in Maki's hand? It's the panels where they revert to both being kids.

She used all of her energy to create a cursed tool for her, which was a charm in the dream world but when Maki woke up she was holding a sword.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Since we won’t get anything new for a while I went back through everything that happened in Shibuya and I had forgotten that Geto, or whatever he goes by now, said he was going to find a reason to make all the people he’s made ingest cursed objects or gave curse techniques fight so he can see what happens. I couldn’t remember what the reason for the survival game was, but I guess that explains it.

They also announce that the principle receives the death penalty for helping Gojo, who they exiled for being an accomplice in what went down. I had totally forgotten that when the chapter in which he died came out.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Ethiser posted:

Since we won’t get anything new for a while I went back through everything that happened in Shibuya and I had forgotten that Geto, or whatever he goes by now, said he was going to find a reason to make all the people he’s made ingest cursed objects or gave curse techniques fight so he can see what happens. I couldn’t remember what the reason for the survival game was, but I guess that explains it.

They also announce that the principle receives the death penalty for helping Gojo, who they exiled for being an accomplice in what went down. I had totally forgotten that when the chapter in which he died came out.

The rules of the Culling Game basically mean they have to take part or die.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

i started a re-read and just finished the shibuya arc. I don't think I've seen a manga fire on all cylinders for some many chapters. Akutami Gege deserves a lot of praise and recognition for that.

Also this manga just flows better when you're able to read at your pace. The pacing really reminds me of television or a movie but with enough care to still fit the serialized format.

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

I was hiding under your bench because I don't want to work out

Jerkface posted:

She used all of her energy to create a cursed tool for her, which was a charm in the dream world but when Maki woke up she was holding a sword.

I was wondering if the little charm in the mental sequence meant anything or if it was just a random token.

Do you guys think they'll ever have Gojo reveal to Megumi that he killed his dad? The last Megumi brought Toji up was about his dad selling him and running away with a woman, but we see that Gojo killed him before he could actually be sold and then intervened to grab Megumi before his sale to the Zenin clan could go through. Megumi neither seems to know he is dead, nor that Gojo did it.

I am hoping Choso and Noritoshi end up meeting because big brother family boy Choso is the best Choso.

Edit: Am I misremembering or was Choso happily handing out with Pseudo-Geto early on, but later when he sees him again then recognises who it actually is and gets furious? I was rereading and I can't work out why he was chill initially and sees him as Kamo the later time.

Lethemonster fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Jun 27, 2021

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I dont think Megumi cares.

And yeah Choso was unaware that Kamo was piloting Geto. Hell nobody knew Geto was Kamo until Kamo decided it was time to say as much.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
Serialization will resume soon
https://twitter.com/shonenjump/status/1415858109868777475?s=20

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I hope the month off did him some good.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

We back :toot:

Speedscans:
https://onepiecechapters.com/manga/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-153

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

idk why but I got hxh vibes from that ch

maybe it's just that I'm tired and it came back from a hiatus so I went in kinda lost

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
oh my god it's pro wrestling fake fighting

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Nobara fate still being unknown/never mentioned feels dissapointing.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Grouchio posted:

Nobara fate still being unknown/never mentioned feels dissapointing.

Obviously, she went off to work at Family Burger.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Nobara is just trying to pick out the perfect eyepatch to go with her new outfit give her some time.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

This might just be me, but Yuji's lip scar looks really awkward at times

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Whenever Gege gets tired of drawing it they'll have Sukuna take over and heal Yuji's scars

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Fabricated posted:

Whenever Gege gets tired of drawing it they'll have Sukuna take over and heal Yuji's scars

I don't think this is likely to happen any time soon.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
I kinda want a whole arc of Death Jam: Fight for Tochigi

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Back into the thick of it. I missed this manga.

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1009383

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
all the non-sorcerers in the audience seeming pretty unperturbed by the talking panda

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

clearly they're already aware that panda is not a panda

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
The issue with them using cursed techniques was that normies wouldn't be able to see it, not that they would be using them.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
With Tokyo being made into a demon realm talking panda shaped guys are probly old hat.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
https://onepiecechapters.com/manga/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-154/

154 speedscan

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

of course everyone is making GBS threads their pants over kirara

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Is Kirara’s cursed technique giving you a magic tramp stamp?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

CharlestonJew posted:

Is Kirara’s cursed technique giving you a magic tramp stamp?

Seems like she can mark people and then magnetize them but I bet there’s more to it than that.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Magnetism seems like the most likely answer, but I saw someone mention on twitter that curse users have their technique in their name and that Kirara has star. I hope it's needlessly convoluted and her technique is to put things into orbit, like how it seems her life revolves around Hakari.

Panda has been killing it in every appearance post-Shinjuku, I adore him.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

TheHan posted:

Magnetism seems like the most likely answer, but I saw someone mention on twitter that curse users have their technique in their name and that Kirara has star. I hope it's needlessly convoluted and her technique is to put things into orbit, like how it seems her life revolves around Hakari.

Panda has been killing it in every appearance post-Shinjuku, I adore him.

If it were magnetism it seems like the inability to get closer would manifest as just "a force preventing me from getting closer" rather than what Panda described as "kept walking towards the door without getting closer."

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So I thought it was just a bad translation but the official release calls Kirara a guy too. So they’re trans or a crossdresser I guess? I hope Gege handles this topic well and Kirara isn’t the butt of gay jokes like so much manga/anime do with their LBGT characters.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Aug 10, 2021

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

RatHat posted:

So I thought it was just a bad translation but the official release calls Kirara a guy too. So they’re trans or a crossdresser I guess? I hope Gege handles this topic well and Kirara isn’t the butt of gay jokes like so much manga/anime do with their LBGT characters.

whatever their deal ends up being i think it would be out of character for the series to be really insensitive about it or anything

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I realize that being cool about one thing doesn't guarantee you are cool about other things, but it would be pretty weird to me if Gege just had a story arc about a pair of abused girls getting wild and bloody revenge on their lovely abusive patriarchal family and then introduced a queer character who ended up the butt of a bunch of lovely jokes

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

RatHat posted:

they hadn't actually seen or met them at that point in the chapter.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
panda has met both the third years before they got suspended, which is why they know who he is and don't trust him. megumi has heard of them but it sounds like they were suspended before he started at jujutsu high, which is why they don't know him.

i looked at the wiki and bafflingly someone there decided that the ambiguity around kirara means they're clearly a feminine trans man (???)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Ugh. Now that Gege is a CHUD I will be dropping this manga forthwith.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)