Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

bartok posted:

Sushi is gross jokes in 2021 where even here in central Ohio we got several sushi places from high end to fast casual. God help us if Vince or HHH discovers Michael Crichton's extremely racist novel Rising Sun.

"Hmmmm! A strangulation fetish AND Japanese food! We've got the angle now, pal!"
*sighing* "It's Paul."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
The Chris regal memorial bad takeout thread

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Golden Bee posted:

The Chris regal memorial bad takeout thread

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

my first though about that zoey/io clip when someone posted it was about the FCW/preNXT wrestlers who had the website bios and like over half of them listed sushi as their favorite food because they trained and wrestled in a shopping mall with a sushi place, and that was in 2006 or whatever

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I thought the vignette nailed the gag perfectly. Zoey has to learn Japanese. Then Io will give her a little smooch on the cheek.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
They cut the earlier version, three minutes of Vince McMahon trying to pronounce Nigiri

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Golden Bee posted:

They cut the earlier version, three minutes of Vince McMahon trying to pronounce Nigiri

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULQlg8RgkkA

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
The only way to view whether max castor went too far is to say 'would Jim cornette defend this as good heat in SMW'

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

bartok posted:

Sushi is gross jokes in 2021 where even here in central Ohio we got several sushi places from high end to fast casual. God help us if Vince or HHH discovers Michael Crichton's extremely racist novel Rising Sun.

ROMAN: Jimmy, when two wrestlers work together, the Sempai-Kohai relationship is inferred.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Lamuella posted:

ROMAN: Jimmy, when two wrestlers work together, the Sempai-Kohai relationship is inferred.

The Luther and Serpentico tsukkomi/boke duo proves AEW superior again

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

kitten emergency posted:

the second worst use of :10bux: for someone here

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Wow can't believe AEW is now paying signholders to dispel the leaked invoices, how deep does the conspiracy go?

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
https://twitter.com/oneilla828/status/1423105648561168386

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Can we get a Mike Kurtz gang tag

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
He's right about Austin, Taker and Batista, but my god, Angle and Jericho were routinely buried by Hunner in 2000. Not to mention HHH torpedoing Booker (twice), Steiner, RVD, Goldberg, Jericho again, Orton, CM Punk and the entire roster when he stated he could have a better match with a broom.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Eat My Fuc posted:

Can we get a Mike Kurtz gang tag

It should say "I will never reveal the Mike Kurtz secret"

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/AaronWrotkowski/status/1423463679727751168

"Guy who's been in the company for 9 years is finally getting his big break now"

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
remember when they brought in the loving rock to put roman over and people still booed lol

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I mean, would it not be right if it were said about someone who wasn't getting repeated attempts at coronation for like the better part of 7 years?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I would like to request that instead of focusing on how preposterous the "new" part is, we focus on how completely untrue the "star" part is.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
https://twitter.com/sauceapple90/status/1423349111609126913?s=20

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

???

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Benne posted:

https://twitter.com/AaronWrotkowski/status/1423463679727751168

"Guy who's been in the company for 9 years is finally getting his big break now"

Seems like if the fans don't think you're a star then you... aren't?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TheKingslayer posted:

Seems like if the fans don't think you're a star then you... aren't?

no you're not a real fan if you don't think Roman is the bestest. Pay no attention to slowing ticket sales and declining ratings.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

not really a bad take? blame that on him being hidden in nxt uk that no one really watches. any time he had a shot on just nxt proper he got 5 star matches

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
You could probably make a decent argument Bate is the best wrestler in the world under 25 and he's puttering around in the G-tier brand of WWE, sounds underrated to me.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yeah everyone's forgotten about Tyler Bate but he's still top class and if he can escape the WWE vortex we could still get a good 20 years of high quality from him

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
God I remember when Bate first showed up at 19 years old wrestling like a seasoned veteran and blowing people's minds. At the risk of hyperbole, it was like Jun Akiyama/Kurt Angle levels of a rookie stepping into the ring and instantly getting it. WWE had a literal kid prodigy fall into their laps, and the only thing that's happened since then is he just got like 5 years older. Crazy to think there's still untapped potential with him.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

It really feels like WWE put British Strong Style in a time capsule since 2018. The only thing I associate with them nowadays is arguing on Twitter that WWE didn't kill Britwres

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
It's cool that WWE destroyed British wrestling just before paedophilia could.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

coconono posted:

no you're not a real fan if you don't think Roman is the bestest. Pay no attention to slowing ticket sales and declining ratings.

Acknowledge me. I'm the head of the table. You might even say I'm a dog that is big.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

It really feels like WWE put British Strong Style in a time capsule since 2018. The only thing I associate with them nowadays is arguing on Twitter that WWE didn't kill Britwres

They're part of my very fond memories of Chikara King Of Trios 2017.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Lamuella posted:

They're part of my very fond memories of Chikara King Of Trios 2017.

That was always a weird show to me. The Dunn/Bate/Seven team wins the tournament, but in such a way that doesn't really make them look all that good, especially as faces. I always figured that since they were part of regular NXT at the time, it was agreed that they could take part in King of Trios as long as they won and Quack went, "Fine! But I'm going to book it with spite."

Their match against the Throwbacks/Simon Gotch was drat good, though.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
The guy with a five and a quarter star match is and who was more over than anyone I've ever seen live at Takeover Cardiff is not underrated.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

okay then, let's rephrase it: Tyler Bate is underrated by Vince McMahon

e: I mean, that's most wrestlers in the Fed, but goddamn, he should be the face of English wrestling by now, moreso than Billy Brexit at least

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
I forgot Tyler Bate existed until this conversation

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Ibexaz posted:

I forgot Tyler Bate existed until this conversation

Yeah, at least I'd seen that Pete Dunne was still kicking around.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Kosmo Gallion posted:

The guy with a five and a quarter star match is and who was more over than anyone I've ever seen live at Takeover Cardiff is not underrated.

Nobody saw either of those things. "Takeover Cardiff" is faker than AEW Dark.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Everything I know about Cardiff says you wouldn't need to take it over, the people would welcome you as liberators.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

MJeff posted:

Nobody saw either of those things. "Takeover Cardiff" is faker than AEW Dark.

:allears: okay dude.