Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The next chapter is Mineta making out with Izuku and now this manga is a boy's love set in high school and also Mineta is now hot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I just find it hilarious how Mineta manages to incite seething hatred even when he's trying to be wholesome and supportive. :allears:

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Funky Valentine posted:

The next chapter is Mineta making out with Izuku and now this manga is a boy's love set in high school and also Mineta is now hot.

ah, horikoshi finally started reading the notes i sent him

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

ah, horikoshi finally started reading the notes i sent him

She's All That starring Mineta?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Call Me By Your Hero Name

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
This is the dumbest controversy.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
It's primarily dumb because "Mineta took this time to come out to Izuku as part of his show of sincerity" would in fact be a significantly better story and would actually give Mineta's character something resembling a point, but everybody knows in their hearts that that isn't going to turn out to be the case.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

It seems pretty clear to me that this is just an extension of his character trait where he reads relationships/sex into absolutely everything.

It's the equivalent of Bakugo making explosion puns.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Saying that you've "fallen for" (in those exact words; translation may vary in an attempt to mitigate... exactly what happened here from happening, here) a guy that you respect/care for is a pretty common macho turn of phrase in Japan. It happens in the Yakuza games a few times.

Not that those games are y'know, DEVOID of any homosexual subtext, but still

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Izuku and Mineta have actually be hanging out a lot offscreen, like going go-karting and fishing together.

Mineta is really torn up that Izuku went full vigilante before they had their monthly hunting trip.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Weirdly, both Mineta and Matt Damon were trending for horribly LGBT-related reasons.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/Doodlelot/status/1414337380996325380

Cat!Deku is best Deku

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I'm the Danfer

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Next chapter is going to be real awkward when Iida and Deku crash into the side of a building because they're too busy looking at each other and not at where they're going while flying through the air at dangerously high speeds.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

pretty sure they'd have to be doing 9/11 with how high up they are at this point

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

How is Iida supposed to land without breaking every bone in his body?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

hiddenriverninja posted:

Iida knows he can only share Deku's burdens if he's walked a mile in his shoes.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Gotta do the superhero landing pose

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
He's counting on Deku to save him.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

SpacePig posted:

He's counting on Deku to save him.

"Midoriya, I know we told you it was okay to rest, but please wait until we land before taking a nap!"

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Does this count as "leaping off a tall building".

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

hiddenriverninja posted:

Is he zero gravity'd for speed to catch up to Deku?

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
Yes, Uravity slapped him on the way up.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The other great thing about this chapter is that we finally got the Bakugo rocket like in that one fanart

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I also feel like "learning how to use your powers to safely land from a tall height" is like the first thing they teach you in hero school.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

ImpAtom posted:

I also feel like "learning how to use your powers to safely land from a tall height" is like the first thing they teach you in hero school.

Now I'm imagining Iida lying on his back using Recipro Burst as landing thrusters like the Falcon-9

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Ochako used her power to stop Deku from being a concrete smear early on, so I imagine the same could apply here.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Ochako gives Deku a hug, except her fingers touch and Iida impacts the concrete at terminal velocity

But hey, at least Deku's okay

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

We're gonna get a callback to the entrance exam and Ochako is gonna punch the poo poo out of Midoriya.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Rhonne posted:

Next chapter is going to be real awkward when Iida and Deku crash into the side of a building because they're too busy looking at each other and not at where they're going while flying through the air at dangerously high speeds.

I was going to comment on how Iida has no way of actually stopping himself and would be extremely dead if he didn't perfectly intersect with Deku

But you could say the same thing about how Deku travels around in general; it would require superhuman durability that isn't really part of his powerset. So you have to just ignore the whole "human bodies aren't meant to be flung around at high speeds" thing. (though for some reason the manga actually attempts to explain this with Bakugou, who IIRC is explicitly stated to have a body that can tolerate the backlash from his explosions)

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I'm guessing Iida could activate one side of his thrusters, turn around, then go full burst to slow down.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Ytlaya posted:

I was going to comment on how Iida has no way of actually stopping himself and would be extremely dead if he didn't perfectly intersect with Deku

But you could say the same thing about how Deku travels around in general; it would require superhuman durability that isn't really part of his powerset. So you have to just ignore the whole "human bodies aren't meant to be flung around at high speeds" thing. (though for some reason the manga actually attempts to explain this with Bakugou, who IIRC is explicitly stated to have a body that can tolerate the backlash from his explosions)

Superhuman durability is baked into pretty much every physical-oriented superpower set in any form of media unless they explicitly make the point that it isn't. Without some form of major durability boost, a person might have the muscles to lift a car but their body isn't going to like the process very much.

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

Vinylshadow posted:

Ochako gives Deku a hug, except her fingers touch and Iida impacts the concrete at terminal velocity

But hey, at least Deku's okay

Iida's impact clips Sugarman's leg completely off at the hip.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Lol what if Sugarman just died randomly? :D

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

Kanos posted:

Superhuman durability is baked into pretty much every physical-oriented superpower set in any form of media unless they explicitly make the point that it isn't. Without some form of major durability boost, a person might have the muscles to lift a car but their body isn't going to like the process very much.

This is why everyone getting buttmad over mushroom girl is so funny, children getting body checked at 45mph into giant steel beams is one thing but I draw the line at mild suffocation!!!!!!

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Lol what if Sugarman just died randomly? :D

Say his name in the mirror five times and he resurrects as Candyman

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Ryaomon posted:

This is why everyone getting buttmad over mushroom girl is so funny, children getting body checked at 45mph into giant steel beams is one thing but I draw the line at mild suffocation!!!!!!

asphyxiation via tracheal fungus is a little more visceral conceptually than getting smacked into a wall

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I lust for child death

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
A thread of All for Ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

What even is Sugarman's actual hero name? I'm so used to hearing him called Sugarman that I don't remember.

Oh it's actually Sugarman. :v: