Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Now ya hosed up. Now ya hosed up. You have hosed up now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

shout out to trevor for making me laugh as a dumb rear end teen, rip buddy. what happened i read it was an accident.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Cavauro posted:

This is not a demand but a request. Please don't tell me what to do after you've been insulting me for many weeks now. I expect the response to this to be something about my weird genitals smell, and I don't want people to talk about that and probably get confused and think it's a "bad" smell just because they conflate the meaning of the word 'weird' with that of 'unwelcome' or 'unpleasant'. It's just unusual; nothing more and nothing less. But because of what I said, the less people talk about it, the better. It's not anyone's business on here.

I’m sorry about that. I respect how your balls smell.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's come to my attention that i'm no longer safe from having my thoughts and feelings being read by my number one enemy NienNunb, whom up to this point has claimed to have me "on ignore." i've considered this subforum to be my personal diary for the past several years and the last thing on Earth i would ever want would be to offer that person a glimpse into my deepest personal thoughts and feelings. perhaps someone is simply telling them about the content of my posts but regardless i'm absolutely flustered to the highest degree.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i love that old school meme flash video, "trevor moore plays the xylophone"

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Tl:dr

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

First two seasons of WKUK were extremely important for my soft teenage comedy brain, a beloved series for me and my friends

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
it was patrick moore, not trevor moore, sorry.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOCdIY_HKM4

:smith:

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

when I was an edgier teenager I thought the Race War skit was hilarious

I still do, I just did then, too

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Shayna Baszler posted:

it was patrick moore, not trevor moore, sorry.

so not the new daily show guy?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

trevor noah might honestly be the least funny comedian i've ever seen. sub-piscopo

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

NienNunb posted:

Now ya hosed up. Now ya hosed up. You have hosed up now.

Listen to woman, John, just calm down! Just calm down, just calm down!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

NienNunb posted:

trevor noah might honestly be the least funny comedian i've ever seen. sub-piscopo

The Daily Show with Dan Nainan

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

NienNunb posted:

theres no way he is worse than like gallagher or carrot top or sam kinisen. But he does suck though

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Andrew the Dice Man Clay. A lot of bad comedians in the history of the world. Diogenes maybe depending on if plucking a live chicken should get you canceled

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I saw TJ Miller twice. One was a decent show and the other was probably the worst stand up I've ever been to

Dangerous Person fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Aug 8, 2021

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

This one is loving me up. lovely end to a lovely day. gently caress.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Bluedeanie posted:

Andrew the Dice Man Clay. A lot of bad comedians in the history of the world. Diogenes maybe depending on if plucking a live chicken should get you canceled

the day the laughter died is one of the only times stand up comedy was an art, absolutely absurd and insane record, part 2 is even more insane and ridiculous. it's the suicide self titled of comedy

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

please don't talk about "bad comedians" any longer if it's going down this route. unrelated, dan nainan looks great for his current age of 40

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gallagher actually had some good puns and one liners. Carrot top is a freakshow thing. Sam Kinnison was funny once and could never recapture it.

My fave standup is Joey Diaz and its mostly because he's a great storyteller of the worst possible things. I think its ok to be gross and crass if that's what's advertised on the tin.

But as a whole, comedy seems to attract the absolute worst of humanity, so when the decent sort passes, its worth remembering properly.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I liked The Suicide Squad. I didn’t love it. B-.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Still one of my favorite comedy skits of all time...RIP Trevor. God drat it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEQOvyGbBtY

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Cavauro posted:

please don't talk about "bad comedians" any longer if it's going down this route. unrelated, dan nainan looks great for his current age of 40

https://youtu.be/xBxpbQkJ3ic

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i saw carrot top in vegas and the tech crew was really on top of things. there were a ton of rapid-fire audio cues in that show that carrot top would play off of. my brother and i both thought it was very impressive and that everyone did their job well, even carrot top who was much more entertaining than we expected him to be. he also looked much more like a freak than we expected him to.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

https://youtu.be/RIJ53t7Pgag

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the terlet

ugh

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

You’re making me feel bad for Dick Cheney!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

CobiWann posted:

Still one of my favorite comedy skits of all time...RIP Trevor. God drat it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEQOvyGbBtY

oh its the jug of PCP guy, yeah he was great.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I went to a show that had lots of people on it and the Farrely Brothers came out first and did the single worst live performance of anything I've ever seen.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Eat My Fuc posted:

the day the laughter died is one of the only times stand up comedy was an art, absolutely absurd and insane record, part 2 is even more insane and ridiculous. it's the suicide self titled of comedy

agreed. not a fan of dice but both those records took balls. completely brutal to listen to if you go in blind.

i would put tig notaro's i have cancer set up there as well. maybe stanhope's this is not happening story.

coconono posted:

Gallagher actually had some good puns and one liners. Carrot top is a freakshow thing. Sam Kinnison was funny once and could never recapture it.

My fave standup is Joey Diaz and its mostly because he's a great storyteller of the worst possible things. I think its ok to be gross and crass if that's what's advertised on the tin.

But as a whole, comedy seems to attract the absolute worst of humanity, so when the decent sort passes, its worth remembering properly.

i'm a fan joey almost sending tom segura into cardiac arrest by simply telling a story

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Captain Magic posted:

I liked The Suicide Squad. I didn’t love it. B-.

I saw it referred to as "poo poo, but a really satisfying poo poo you take at home after being stuck in traffic for an hour" and that made me laugh a lot.

I also really enjoyed the movie. It was ridiculous and dumb but in a bizarrely charming way that was utterly lacking in the one that had David Ayers' name on it.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Tracy Morgan did the worst set I've ever seen in person, just abysmal

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Went to the Comedy Store once and this guy I’ve never heard of told a lovely rape joke that nobody laughed at. He then refused to tell another joke because we were “too soft” for him. He just spent the rest of his set scrolling through his notes going “nope, can’t tell that one, can’t tell that one…” he sucked.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

NBC had a reality show about a restaurant called The Restaurant and there was a waiter who wanted to be a stand up comic on it. it was shot in like 2002 and when they filmed his set it was him, in Manhattan, doing bits about 9/11 within maybe six months of 9/11, bombing, and then going "is my material too PROGRESSIVE for you??"

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

while watching the suicide squad i didn't care about the writing or directing one bit, which i'm told is one of the hallmarks of a great film

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

The Stroker Ace posted:

Went to the Comedy Store once and this guy I’ve never heard of told a lovely rape joke that nobody laughed at. He then refused to tell another joke because we were “too soft” for him. He just spent the rest of his set scrolling through his notes going “nope, can’t tell that one, can’t tell that one…” he sucked.

Sounds like Modern Dave Chappelle.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Shard posted:

Sounds like Modern Dave Chappelle.

He was trying very hard to be.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

I saw Dave Coulier live and he was funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

After beating Final Fantasy 1 and almost through 2 now I think this is a great excuse to go through all the games I enjoy. I'll hit 7, 8 and 9 next. Then I'll do 4, 5 and 6 once the pixel remasters come out. I might finish off with 15 because that's the only Final Fantasy I've enjoyed after 9.