Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

It was part of the leak, so we don't really have any confirmation that it's true yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

we know who is voicing jolyne at the least

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Johnny Joestar posted:

we know who is voicing jolyne at the least
Kira Buckland for the dub?

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Grouchio posted:

Wonder when the VAs will be announced

Arist posted:

Have they not already been? I feel like I saw some post going around with VAs. Maybe it was fancasting, idk

It's the next post in the tweet thread linked above

https://twitter.com/WSJ_manga/status/1423648218462760960

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Stream's happening

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI3zWnbFyLo

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Can't wait for the release of a new JoJo's beatdown theme with an anime attached

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

even just the bit at the tail end of the trailer was rad

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Here's the trailer btw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z_8rl4lLd8

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I also can't wait to not understand anything about Under World again

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Arist posted:

I also can't wait to not understand anything about Under World again

Jolyne trying to explain what's happening to Emporio is one of my favorite pages

The perfect out of context JoJo page.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Official Channel has the trailer up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M2k6E7lMX4

Winter season 2022.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Electric Phantasm posted:

Jolyne trying to explain what's happening to Emporio is one of my favorite pages

The perfect out of context JoJo page.

The only time a character in Jojo reacts like a normal human being would.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Wait

Netflix??????

https://twitter.com/NetflixGeeked/status/1424218815622107137

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Premiers early on netflix in december, tv broadcast starts in January like usual. Idk if it's like a staggered release or just early eps or what though.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Worldwide is the really weird part. Netflix doesn't really do sub-only for anime, but they also don't simuldub.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I wonder how many names will need changed for the subtitles/dub overall, since I'm unsure how many have already gotten them.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

pretty much everything

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

behold my stand, smooch

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Aurora posted:

behold my stand, smooch

It's actually Smack

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I notice that the subbed trailer has her say Stone Free, which does not match what they used in All Star Battle.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Arist posted:

Worldwide is the really weird part. Netflix doesn't really do sub-only for anime, but they also don't simuldub.

They did it for Baki season 3 and had a little notice that said the dub would be coming later. Then again that was probably due to covid if nothing else.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Momomo posted:

I notice that the subbed trailer has her say Stone Free, which does not match what she said in All Star Battle.

The twitter video has Stone Free... but the subs on the official YouTube are Stone Ocean! I have no idea what this means!

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Momomo posted:

I notice that the subbed trailer has her say Stone Free, which does not match what they used in All Star Battle.

the warner bros and netflix trailers have slightly different subs. Both call weather report "Weather Forecast" but check this out

(in the second one the subs say "Stone Free" instead right before this)

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i'm so glad that this is happening

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I know why they do it, but I roll my eyes extra hard when every day common words have to get changed like Weather Report.

Still, really excited to see it finally coming. They better have the Sixth Sense scene though.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

new punch-ghost music lets loving gooooooo!!!

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Cash money baby *blows cigar smoke into dollar sign* …cash money.

The theme song fuckin rips I’m stoked. They were playing a full version while they were interviewing the cast. I’d love to hear that isolated.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

TheLoneStar posted:

I know why they do it, but I roll my eyes extra hard when every day common words have to get changed like Weather Report.

Still, really excited to see it finally coming. They better have the Sixth Sense scene though.

This is the one time where calling him Weather Man like how the bad renaming usually goes would have been an improvement

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Aug 8, 2021

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
I didn't even realize Anasui was a reference to something until now

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Jolyne looks so fuckin cool.

LET'S GO WINTER BABY

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I'm looking g forward to this, but the crazy thing that makes me more excited honestly is that we're this much closer to Steel Ball Run animated now.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

I am so incredibly hyped for everything involving Pucci. And the sheer insanity of Underworld.

I sold a friend on this by saying that Part 6, while not necessarily the #1 JoJo part, it is definitely peak crazy

Wanna see the poison frog rain

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Can't wait to learn the prime numbers again with Pucci.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Torquemadras posted:

I sold a friend on this by saying that Part 6, while not necessarily the #1 JoJo part, it is definitely peak crazy

Wanna see the poison frog rain

Part 4 is the most Jojo, Part 6 is the most Bizarre, part 7 is the most Adventure.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
Can't wait for the iconic line "if there's no Bugs this ain't loony"

Related:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIizxvHPKp0

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Time for me to engage in the time-honoured part 6 tradition of "What the gently caress IS Sky High".

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i dunno, out of all the stands in part 6 sky high was one of the few to get an entire biological page spread on araki's personal interpretation of a cryptid, so it's somehow one of the most well-explained ones in the entire series

i mean, it's pseudoscience horseshit, but that's a specialty of jojo

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

the only what the gently caress stand is heavy weather. everything else is pretty easy to understand

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

cue 50 posts going "guhhhh what's dragon dream do"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I have purposely never read any of Part 6 except for the very beginning and very end. I hope this was the right decision.