Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Choose your class!
Gourmet Fighter
Sauce Wizard
Spice Thief
Condiment Cleric
View Results

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

RatHat posted:

Next two chapters of the Adventurer's bible are out. This time it's about Mithrun and the canaries.

So since Mithrun's dungeon was only 40 years ago(and shortly after that was Utaya) if the demon is a single entity then it can apparently be in multiple places at once.
Also it's pretty scary that Mithrun is completely undefeated in dungeons.

You could guess sentences for most of convicts in Canaries just from their appearence and behavior, outside of Otta. Holy hell, Otta. :staredog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Catching up and

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
so cithis is exactly as she seemed.

A Dapper Walrus
Dec 28, 2011
My favorite part is that in Mithrun's relationship web, he doesn't care at all about Kabru or even have an opinion.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Lt. Lizard posted:

You could guess sentences for most of convicts in Canaries just from their appearence and behavior, outside of Otta. Holy hell, Otta. :staredog:

That one really threw me for a loop. I'm so used to the "1000 year old dragon" trope I hadn't thought of the "14 year old halfling college student".

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

jailed for horny

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

A Dapper Walrus posted:

My favorite part is that in Mithrun's relationship web, he doesn't care at all about Kabru or even have an opinion.

The bit that got me there was "I'll kill her one day", from Cithis to Pattadol

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Donkringel posted:

That one really threw me for a loop. I'm so used to the "1000 year old dragon" trope I hadn't thought of the "14 year old halfling college student".
The most hilarious thing is that as the audience we know she's actually mostly right about 20-something halflings being fully-grown adults, but even toward us she still manages to make herself look skeevy as hell.
And then there's also the whole human trafficking thing, so I have rather little hope that she's anything else than a completely lovely person.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Carpator Diei posted:

And then there's also the whole human trafficking thing, so I have rather little hope that she's anything else than a completely lovely person.

Its ok, she was only trafficking actual humans, they're basically pets.

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion

Lt. Lizard posted:

Otta was sentenced to 100 years for human trafficking and an extra 200 for moderating TVIV in her spare time

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

RatHat posted:

Next two chapters of the Adventurer's bible are out. This time it's about Mithrun and the canaries.

So since Mithrun's dungeon was only 40 years ago(and shortly after that was Utaya) if the demon is a single entity then it can apparently be in multiple places at once.
Also it's pretty scary that Mithrun is completely undefeated in dungeons.

lycion walking in to find fleki in a drug induced stupor and rolling her into a recovery position is a great touch. love all the extra characterization for the canaries, they're all so interesting

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
oh my god

A Dapper Walrus posted:

and that is why its a love story for the ages

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

The child delights in violence.

Arzaac posted:

The bit that got me there was "I'll kill her one day", from Cithis to Pattadol

Otta's a scumbag but Fleki's just a petty crook and Lycion doesn't seem that bad even with the pit fighter thing.

Cithis though, real loving scary.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Down With People posted:

Otta's a scumbag but Fleki's just a petty crook and Lycion doesn't seem that bad even with the pit fighter thing.

Cithis though, real loving scary.

Lycion having a life sentence, given that it's almost certain any 'murder' was committed in pit fighting, while Otta doesn't have one despite her being a goddamn sapient trafficker, certainly emphasizes just how much weight the Elves put on ancient magic vs any other offense (his body has it infused into its being, while she just sold it).

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Is she a sapient trafficker, or is that just the phrase they're using for "I slept with half-foots who were objectively capable of consenting to the relationship by any standard other than the insane ones elves use"? Because I don't see that listed anywhere else.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
"She was a merchant before joining the Canaries, and she sold a great variety of things, ranging from ancient magical artifacts to monsters and people."

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Oh, okay, on closer reference the other elves are making fun of her for dating half-foots; she didn't actually go to jail for that.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Rand Brittain posted:

Is she a sapient trafficker, or is that just the phrase they're using for "I slept with half-foots who were objectively capable of consenting to the relationship by any standard other than the insane ones elves use"? Because I don't see that listed anywhere else.

Their consent standards aren't really insane for a race that lives for hundreds of years, it's just not compatible with other races.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Yeah, this is what I was referring to, not the nebulous consent issues for long and short-lived races.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
mangadex won't load on any of my devices, is this available anywhere else

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

mangadex won't load on any of my devices, is this available anywhere else

From what I've heard some US ISPs block the site, so you have to use a proxy, download the chapters from the group, ehscans, or find another site.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Verizon fully IP-blocked a hosting service that hosted a ton of malicious websites and scams and more, but that same service was also hosting sites like mangadex and nyaa and more, so they got caught in the crossfire. Plus they're legally piracy sites anyway, so it's not like they give a poo poo.

Pretty much any VPN works to circumvent this.

Sally Forth
Oct 16, 2012

A Dapper Walrus posted:

Sadly, he does, it just appears on Kabru's own relationship web.

Chicken Thumbs
Oct 21, 2020

Time is dead and meaning has no meaning!

EimiYoshikawa posted:

Lycion having a life sentence, given that it's almost certain any 'murder' was committed in pit fighting, while Otta doesn't have one despite her being a goddamn sapient trafficker, certainly emphasizes just how much weight the Elves put on ancient magic vs any other offense (his body has it infused into its being, while she just sold it).

I saw it as more of an emphasis on how little the elves (or at least the elven government) care about the well-being of other races.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Chicken Thumbs posted:

I saw it as more of an emphasis on how little the elves (or at least the elven government) care about the well-being of other races.

That too!

Jo Joestar
Oct 24, 2013
Elves are still counted as human, so it's quite possible she was selling elves as well.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Maaaaaybe she was selling elves. But I'm willing to bet she wasn't, which is why she didn't get a life sentence.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
New chapter!

Edit:

Excellent panel:

Can Of Worms fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Aug 12, 2021

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Kabru confirmed tsundere

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

heh

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
kabru is such a good character

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Sindai posted:

Kabru confirmed tsundere

It's complicated by him being nice on the surface, really.

Kabru acts nice to cover up his cynicism which covers the fact he's actually a nice guy.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
this was a great chapter but its also very scary for me because i don't get to see marcille and i am worried for marcille

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

"She's got brain damage, but we can just kill her and revive her. Happens all the time."

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Ibblebibble posted:

"She's got brain damage, but we can just kill her and revive her. Happens all the time."

Yeah I definitely would never want to use familiar magic ever again if it being destroyed while you’re controlling it turns you into a vegetable.
Though since you’re still technically alive I guess the soul is still there so someone could keep you alive until you get to a dungeon where you could be revived.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Can Of Worms posted:

New chapter!

Edit:

Excellent panel:

the panel just before where we see her being launched and tucking for that landing is priceless.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
What a time to get tongue-tied.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Save your boyfriend, Kabru.

Save your girlfriend, Marcille.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Just yesterday i was thinking “when are we gonna see werewolf elf do something”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Can I just say that, especially in light of his character spotlight, this panel was amazing?