Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

MotU posted:

its called triple triad in ff8 smdh

It's been awhile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
triple triad music has never left my head, not for one second time is no excuse

i remember my friend getting a playstation and FF8 when it came out (he was an n64 kid) since he was a big RPG nerd like me and was jealous of my game selection but then not having a memory card so he left it on the menu for like 3 days in the trex pen until i could loan him one when he came to visit his mom. good times. every day i forget more of my youth but its nice when random tangents bring it back to the forefront

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

was your friend's mom saved to your memory card

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
no his parents were divorced and his mom got pissy at him for not immediately hating his dad so she shunted him off to him and i only got to see him every couple weeks for a time after that. we've been friends for 32 years

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it would be cool if you two played a big playstation RPG together. one of you would play roughly 10 hours of the game, then mail a memory card with the game save on it to the other friend's home and they would play the next ten hours and do the same. i guess it wouldn't be cool or fun to do this at all, but it's smart to think about things and practice thinking.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
we did that with front mission 3 sorta where we each played a different route switching off every weekend who was playing. emma route superiority

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Kanye West has been living at the Atlanta Falcons stadium for several weeks now lol. King poo poo

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Who is the thread's fav 80s/90s action hero? Mine is JCVD. His hit just the right balance of self awareness and earnest goofiness to really stand out over everyone else's

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Arnie forever. His dumb movies were the best dumb movies*, and his good movies (anything he did with James Cameron) were straight up great.

* Commando is a masterpiece and I will not accept contrary opinions to this fact.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Scharzenegger's dumb movies did own, but in Sudden Death Van Damme gets in a fist fight with a woman in the Pittsburgh Penguins(tm) mascot suit and he gets his face pushed close to a dangerous kitchen appliance like 5 times over the course of the fight

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMdZj2snGgo

THE BEST!

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Bluedeanie posted:

Who is the thread's fav 80s/90s action hero? Mine is JCVD. His hit just the right balance of self awareness and earnest goofiness to really stand out over everyone else's

JCVD has my vote for Bloodsport alone

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Arnie is superior, but I cannot deny that Bloodsport is a loving awesome movie :hai:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Bluedeanie posted:

does Jackie Chan count? cause Jackie Chan.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Police Story kicks rear end

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Eat My Fuc posted:

Police Story kicks rear end

it's true folks

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU_-0ua-B7Q

Jackie :love:

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Arnie forever. His dumb movies were the best dumb movies*, and his good movies (anything he did with James Cameron) were straight up great.

* Commando is a masterpiece and I will not accept contrary opinions to this fact.

This is exactly what I was gonna post. The Running Man makes me laugh to tears every time.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

i’m finally starting shovel knight, lend me your tips if you have em. Going to play them in order of release

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
The only tip I have is have fun. Also don't be afraid to use the items that make the game easier

Spector of Torment best campaign

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Besides the usual classic action movies that everyone loves from their childhood, I remember Rumble in the Bronx was one of the first ones that really turned my head. After that it was Ong-Bak. My friends and I would trade tapes and watch it on vhs before it became available.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Shard posted:

Besides the usual classic action movies that everyone loves from their childhood, I remember Rumble in the Bronx was one of the first ones that really turned my head. After that it was Ong-Bak. My friends and I would trade tapes and watch it on vhs before it became available.

Rumble in the Bronx is like the most 90s movie ever made. maximum 90s.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Rumble in the Bronx is like the most 90s movie ever made. maximum 90s.

You ever see Showdown in little Tokyo starring Dolph Lundgren and Brandon Lee?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the most 90s movies are empire records and reality bites and rover dangerfield as well as rockadoodle

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

major league 2 and poetic justice

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

There are 2 different eras of 90s movies. Early 90s - the Hackers types and late 90s the Matrix types.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Seagal

https://youtu.be/Z3G3r_3NM6s

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
seagal b/c i loved on deadly ground

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

This post goes out to that guy who wanted a space ship game. well this game isn't anything like what you wanted. but i saw it. It's called Pirates of the Asteroid Belt. i just now realized it's a VR game. didn't know. don't read this message

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Cavauro posted:

This post goes out to that guy who wanted a space ship game. well this game isn't anything like what you wanted. but i saw it. It's called Pirates of the Asteroid Belt. i just now realized it's a VR game. didn't know. don't read this message

I read it and even worse i’m looking into it, look what you’ve done now.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

"I was actually looking for your dead body." - Pirates of the Asteroid Belt

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

gonna watch the eva movides today. bye

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Goodbye

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

What’s the deal with this Evangelion movies? I’ve always been curious since my weird friend at art school liked them.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

The Stroker Ace posted:

What’s the deal with this Evangelion movies? I’ve always been curious since my weird friend at art school liked them.

They’re the kind of anime movies your weird friend at art school would like.

Seriously though if you’re interested you will be extremely lost if you just watch the movies without seeing the original TV show Neon Genesis Evangelion. It’s a show about psychological trauma, individuality, religion and that sort of thing via the vehicle of sick rear end mechas fighting big fuckoff angelic beasts

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

a cyborg mug posted:

They’re the kind of anime movies your weird friend at art school would like.

Seriously though if you’re interested you will be extremely lost if you just watch the movies without seeing the original TV show Neon Genesis Evangelion. It’s a show about psychological trauma, individuality, religion and that sort of thing via the vehicle of sick rear end mechas fighting big fuckoff angelic beasts

Oh, cool, I think the originals are on Netflix. Maybe I’ll check them out soon.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

It is very very very beloved and critically acclaimed for a reason. The rare instance where a show with legit very deep theming and handling thereof successfully also became one of the biggest merch pushers ever

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

It was also a huge deconstruction of the Mecha genre and one of the best examples of deconstruction in general.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
yeah, absolutely do not watch the eva rebuilds until you've seen the original twenty-six and end of evangelion

I don't say this in any sort of gatekeeping way but as a word of caution as the rebuilds (ESPECIALLY 3.0 + 1.0, woof) are more about the making of the original series and EoE than anything else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Shard posted:

It was also a huge deconstruction of the Mecha genre and one of the best examples of deconstruction in general.

it deconstructs anime tropes in general, it doesnt limit itself to the mecha genre