Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bone Crimes
Mar 7, 2007

turd in my singlet posted:

Mask fit question: I have a very narrow bony nose and it's very difficult to get a good seal right at the angle where my nose meets my face. I have some KN95s that fit v well but even they have a small but noticeable air leak there. Is there some trick to getting a good seal there?

I do have a respirator but it'd be nice to have these KN95s as an option for lower-risk situations Also I live deep in the chudlands and am vaguely worried about getting shot for wearing even a normal mask in public, let alone a respirator..... lol

You might try something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Self-Adhesiv...9129789&sr=8-15

Which is what I use for KN95s, there are a bunch of options for nose pieces. Also you might get some of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B087TV1R4M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 which are adhesive metal nose pieces to add more support to grip your nose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Looks like Zoro came through after all.

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

McCracAttack posted:

They're gonna make it about 1.5 weeks. If you or someone you know has kids in school tell them to get ready for an emergency switch to virtual learning.

I live in Michigan but my county is one of the most pro-Trump counties in any blue state (Macomb Co.). I expect my school district to wade through a sea of student blood before they switch back to virtual.

The district hedged it's bets by having everyone keep their tablets and laptops, but the district is so full of chuds that they'll watch their children die before allowing virtual school.

My district at least had a virtual options, many districts in the state aren't even offering that.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
got an inside tip that my kids school district (Grand Rapids, MI) is going to have a mask mandate. What a poo poo show.

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

https://twitter.com/CAgovernor/status/1312437371460173825
remember to both out on and take your mask off between bites but also minimize the number of times you take your mask off

No one is going to do that

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Schmeichy posted:

No one is going to do that

Yeah, at best it'll be removed immediately after getting a seat because COVID respects the waiting area.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lol my wife comes to me this morning and is just NOW worried about sending our kids to daycare/school in september
thanks hon for finally loving paying attention
really wish you didn't argue and call me too strict about covid since march/april
really wish you would have had this urgency when i wanted to sign them up for vaxx trials in may, when there were spots available
really wish you didn't listen to our idiotic "kids can't get covid" pediatrician instead of me
thank you for now being worried and taking it seriously but it's too god damned loving late
MOTHERFUCKER GOD gently caress DAMNIT gently caress

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

It remains too hard for King County (and much of the US) to literally give away free money.

https://crosscut.com/news/2021/08/king-county-rent-relief-still-slow-reach-tenants

quote:

That database is still not fully functional, which means those reimbursements have not begun flowing.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

AYYYYY LMAO gaining traction, very nice to see

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

euphronius posted:

so do we have to put masks on before we get a booster or ?

When I was getting my booster, the only unmasked guy was some white boomer dude who came inside to get a prescription of ibuprofen with a $4 copay

Risking death and killing others to get an OTC medication paid for by your health insurance policy when grabbing a bottle off the shelf would have been cheaper made my head kind of explode

And then he grabbed a shopping cart and started endlessly browsing the aisles

Just total obliviousness

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 355 days!
The NYC restaurant vaccine mandate goes into effect today if you want to watch any staten island plague rats freak the gently caress out

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

AppleNippleBOB posted:

It's my first day back at work, and I'm not excited.

Glad to not be/feel sick anymore tho
nice to see you come through alright

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Tzen posted:

lol my wife comes to me this morning and is just NOW worried about sending our kids to daycare/school in september
really wish you didn't argue and call me too strict about covid since march/april
really wish you would have had this urgency when i wanted to sign them up for vaxx trials in may, when there were spots available
really wish you didn't listen to our idiotic "kids can't get covid" pediatrician instead of me
thank you for now being worried and taking it seriously but it's too god damned loving late

do we have to update the goon divorce spreadsheet here

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

I need a 805015 splash cover in canada, could someone help me please?

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Foo Diddley posted:

mark it "tentative"

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Tzen posted:

sorry man. I can sympathize. take care of yourself

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

MA ivory tower is shook. two mandatory tests per week, voluntary mask usage is >50% despite everyone being vaxed and I'm certain we'll all be lined up for boosters in the next few weeks

sure would suck not to be an insanely overpriviledged science cuck, or a parent

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

sonatinas posted:

got an inside tip that my kids school district (Grand Rapids, MI) is going to have a mask mandate. What a poo poo show.

I'm actually feeling kinda good about school starting here in Oregon, masks are mandatory and my kids start September 13th, which means we have enough ramp up time to watch the rest of the country monumentally gently caress things up and potentially force remote learning. Parents in my kids' class group are posting things like "everyone is hoping for a regular schedule" and "I just hope the schools do stay open!" but I think that comes from them convincing themselves things won't revert to remote learning. The struggle for child care and having to work is a very real concern and not easy.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Foo Diddley posted:

*selects "likely divorcing", drags status to all rows*

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Louisgod posted:

I'm actually feeling kinda good about school starting here in Oregon, masks are mandatory and my kids start September 13th, which means we have enough ramp up time to watch the rest of the country monumentally gently caress things up and potentially force remote learning. Parents in my kids' class group are posting things like "everyone is hoping for a regular schedule" and "I just hope the schools do stay open!" but I think that comes from them convincing themselves things won't revert to remote learning. The struggle for child care and having to work is a very real concern and not easy.

yeah if we go remote again I will be taking time off then to do it.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Rather than divorcing, my spouse and I are just increasingly driving each other insane and embracing each newly discovered quirk. It's crack pings all the way down. A crack ping lifestyle

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

skewetoo posted:

Rather than divorcing, my spouse and I are just increasingly driving each other insane and embracing each newly discovered quirk. It's crack pings all the way down. A crack ping lifestyle

I try to get my wife to crack ping and instead she just gets all anxious and weird, so I have to keep the crack pings to myself.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Foo Diddley posted:

Schmeichy posted:

mark it "tentative"

Der Meister posted:

sorry man. I can sympathize. take care of yourself
:lmao:
been on that sheet since i went full bane mask in feb 21' while she wanted to keep doing playdates
glad she's finally coming around to taking covid as serious as i have been at least, but still mother gently caress

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

skewetoo posted:

I think I've been giving my ADHD to my husband

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Louisgod posted:

*selects "likely divorcing", drags status to all rows*

"she wants the ctrl-d"

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Schmeichy posted:

I think I've been giving my ADHD to my husband

:hfive:

Still better than covid. That's LOVE

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Tzen posted:

Spreadsheet

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

lol @ june -> july

what's AY.3? e: google says it's a sub-variant of Delta lol

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

remember to both out on and take your mask off between bites but also minimize the number of times you take your mask off

down in one!

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

Bone Crimes posted:

You might try something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Self-Adhesiv...9129789&sr=8-15

Which is what I use for KN95s, there are a bunch of options for nose pieces. Also you might get some of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B087TV1R4M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 which are adhesive metal nose pieces to add more support to grip your nose.

the plastic nose strips look more or less like what i'm looking for, thanks!

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
Ellsworth Elementary in the suburbs of the suburbs of Phoenix has been open since July 26, 3 weeks ago.

as of Friday, fully 10% of students have tested positive

https://www.jocombs.org/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=908409&type=d&pREC_ID=1963944

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

You stupid motherfuckers. I have not eaten at a restaurant in 524 days.

e: goddamn it I had gotten good at looking at the dates on these things.

Bruce Hussein Daddy has issued a correction as of 17:57 on Aug 16, 2021

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

it rules that if you look into almost any study you will find obvious flaws and oversights. no wonder half of them can't even be replicated

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Sweet_Joke_Nectar posted:

lol I know, they're coming in the mail in the next day or so, I got the wrong kind of filter without secureclick - found the right ones thanks to this thread actually. Been using the painful painter N95s and not really going out unless I have to, but that's been max 30mins at a time.
:getin:

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

fosborb posted:

Ellsworth Elementary in the suburbs of the suburbs of Phoenix has been open since July 26, 3 weeks ago.

as of Friday, fully 10% of students have tested positive

https://www.jocombs.org/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=908409&type=d&pREC_ID=1963944
don't worry, [insert school district] will do it correctly and safely!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

rip lol