Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

are you a man of the JOJOLAND or the JOJOSEA?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

JOJOSEA is the better park, I'm told.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Waffleman_ posted:

JOJOSEA is the better park, I'm told.

The Stand naming scheme for it will be cheesy movies from the 80’s/90’s

So “Free Willy” and “Air Bud”

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Regalingualius posted:

The Stand naming scheme for it will be cheesy movies from the 80’s/90’s

So “Free Willy” and “Air Bud”

Finally, Jorge Joestar becomes canon

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

It all depends on what Araki is listening to these days. We should all know that by now. :v:

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
https://twitter.com/DemiFiendRSA/status/1427643628122517513

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The JOJO Lands; Plains, Island, Swamp, Mountain, Forest.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Parts 8 and 9 having the same abbreviation is gonna bother me.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i think we're not sure if that's the actual title yet or just a working thing for the moment

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/DemiFiendRSA/status/1427649217862852609

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

"No Guns Life"? Sounds like someone who shouldn't be allowed to draw Hol Horse.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I have to admit the duo of Jouske and Hol Horse is not one I imagined.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Josuke and Hol Horse are a buddy cop duo who do the good cop/bad cop act, except by bad cop Hol Horse is literally bad at everything and keeps hurting himself

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Wanna know iof this is going to be a oneshot like the Kira one or a full length series, a full new part in the original continuity would be wild

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Funky Valentine posted:

"No Guns Life"? Sounds like someone who shouldn't be allowed to draw Hol Horse.

Actually quite the opposite. The protagonist of No Guns Life IS a gun.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

multijoe posted:

Wanna know iof this is going to be a oneshot like the Kira one or a full length series, a full new part in the original continuity would be wild

I'd assume it's going to be more like Dead Man's Questions or Purple Haze Feedback. I seriously doubt it'd be a full part if it's not going to have Araki's involvement.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Johnny Joestar posted:

i think we're not sure if that's the actual title yet or just a working thing for the moment

it specifically says temporary title, which doesn't mean JOJOLANDS won't be final but it's specifically not confirmed.

Ultra Jump comes with some very small preview art panels of the spin-off, with a Crazy D (my boy) on there for good measure.
There are also details of what the final chapter contains and the ending out if you want but I'm not posting because it's like 18 hours away from launching so go to where you think you would find them if you want them.

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I'd assume it's going to be more like Dead Man's Questions or Purple Haze Feedback. I seriously doubt it'd be a full part if it's not going to have Araki's involvement.

it won't be the full part, just a spin off like the novels.
the more i think about hol horse and josuke, the more i like the pair but i do suspect that hol will miraculously not have aged much

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

So glad to hear we'll be getting a Part 9. I was expecting it, but the lack of explicit confirmation was making me worried.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

How long were the pauses between SO and SBR, and SBR and JJL?

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Nine months between the end of SO and the start of SBR, and JJL started the month after SBR ended.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I just hope the pattern holds and it’s an adventure style story across many locales

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

Can't believe Araki already mapped out the next setting:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Watched Thus Spoke, Rohan Kishibe on Netflix and I love how Rohan's main involvement in all these episodes is just being a dick.

Also The Run guy for JOJOLAND

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

We already know who part 9’s JoJo will be

[video type="youtube"]/watch?v=9dbi3–k4SM[/video]

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Some untranslated pages for the final chapter have dropped. For those who don't care about being spoiled we don't spend the entire chapter in the flashback, which is both surprising and a relief. It makes me wonder how much of it takes place in each time period...

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

This power... It must be the work of「Gaea's Cradle」 ...

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Anybody who’s lived through the release of new parts, do you recall them also using tentative names?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

stone ocean and sbr used the right names for their follow-ups, afaik

the other aspect of the steel ball run's announcement is that it wasn't an official jojo part until roughly the point it went to ultra jump (how much of that was araki just not saying it is up for debate, of course)

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

pb, bt, sdc, diu and va weren't official names for a bit though either.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Part 8 End
https://hiwamatanoboru.com/2021/08/18/jojolion-110-end/

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Aug 18, 2021

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Incredible, what a great way to mark the midpoint climax of Jojolion!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

pb, bt, sdc, diu and va weren't official names for a bit though either.

Phantom Blood was originally "Jonathan Joestar: His Youth," BT was "Joseph Joestar: His Proud Lineage," SDC was "Jotaro Kujo: Heritage for the Future," DIU was just "Josuke Higashikata," and VA was "Giorno Giovanna: Golden Heritage." The part names we know now were first used in the 2000 artbook JOJO A-GO!GO! and officially adopted in the bunkoban releases of the parts.

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Goddamn I loving loved it. first half I was hooting and hollering like a moron. some really disgusting drawings and loving joseph and hermit purple. second half was really emotional and a nice ending. all the dropped plot threads dont really bother me, I loved jojolion.

Also, I hope part 9 is similar to the first half of this chapter, cause that poo poo was wild. So happy, Thank you Araki. Have a good rest and enjoy, you've earned it!

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Fuckin lol at the baby arm hahahaha

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Still in shock that Jobin's last act was nearly destroying the family and getting owned by WD-40.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
lol

TOSS

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Dog Kisser posted:

Fuckin lol at the baby arm hahahaha

I loving lost it that he still has it lol.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I can't believe Araki didn't wrap up the most important plot point.

What kind of ridiculous name did this Rock Animal have?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
lmao so Holly is hosed? After all this they couldn't save her? I guess the lines about Josuke being his own person was a way to kind of cut ties like that, but one of the major reasons they were fighting all this time was to save Holly.