Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Robot Style posted:

Nearly $5000 dollars for two nights in a slate gray compartment with no sunlight, and two of the beds are an oblong hole in the wall.

The appeal of the Millennium Falcon is that it's a grody bachelor pad in space. These rooms are like, hey, have you ever wondered what Grand Admiral Thrawn's yeoman's room is like? I never have. It feels much more Trek than Wars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
It looks like something out of the old KOTOR game

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
It looks like Star Citizen design.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Maxwell Lord posted:

It looks like Star Citizen design.

Beat me to it.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvlWSsZwLn0

New So Uncivilized dropped

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

George H.W. oval office posted:

New So Uncivilized dropped

What is this

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Jerkface posted:

What is this

the classic "youtube video essayist who makes actually good videos and has a tiny audience as a result"

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

ungulateman posted:

the classic "youtube video essayist who makes actually good videos and has a tiny audience as a result"

Yea I was waiting to see the response but I caved and watched and yea it's pretty decent videos. Thanks to OP for sharing.

It sucks I have to be wary of video about SW due to culture war nonsense.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Robot Style posted:

It's because they wanted to show how much they venerate the Original Trilogy. The event is called the Festival of the Ancestors and his held every 42 years (the Rise of Skywalker came out 42 years after A New Hope).

:ughh:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

What if Star Wars was anime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lle0NNmvIyU

Looks insanely good

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Looks insanely good

They hype is strong with this one. :O

CFox
Nov 9, 2005
Dibs on the lightsaber umbrella contraption. This looks sick as hell.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

CFox posted:

Dibs on the lightsaber umbrella contraption. This looks sick as hell.

No he isn’t. Stop lying

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Haha, Studio Trigger got 2 episodes!

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Looks insanely good

Hot dang that looks hot!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Looks great, but I'm disappointed not one decided to do spaceship dogfights. Imagine something as good as Macross Plus, but Star Wars.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

MonsieurChoc posted:

Looks great, but I'm disappointed not one decided to do spaceship dogfights. Imagine something as good as Macross Plus, but Star Wars.

We’ll always have TIE Fighter Fan Film.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Not even star war can trick me into watching anime.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

MonsieurChoc posted:

yeah but it has podracing

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Macross et al have been doing the space ship strain of star wars better than star wars for like 30 years, disney doesn't deserve them

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

banned from Starbucks posted:

Not even star war can trick me into watching anime.

Then you are lost!

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Looks insanely good

cringe actually

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Disney, stop trying to make stopping the blaster bolt with the force a thing. It was fine the once but it's just not that cool

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

No Mods No Masters posted:

Disney, stop trying to make stopping the blaster bolt with the force a thing. It was fine the once but it's just not that cool

Disney is not the one doing that. Multiple anime creators independently included it in their shorts because its awesome, hope that helps

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

That looks way lower brow than the animatrix

This looks like if every animatrix short was neo dodging ever increasing amounts of bullets

But it's got trigger in it so the animation is probably going to be top notch

Communist Thoughts fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Aug 18, 2021

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

The two flavors of disney star wars are "new suit of armor" and "new lightsaber trick" and I def prefer the latter. So Ill probably watch that when I finally get d+ to watch the obi-fun kashowbi

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Every Star Wars movie introduces a new force power, it's ok if the anime uses them too

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

The United States posted:

Every Star Wars movie introduces a new force power, it's ok if the anime uses them too
This is surprisingly accurate but I'm struggling with what RotS introduces. Jedi Child Murder?

BiggestBatman
Aug 23, 2018

Martman posted:

This is surprisingly accurate but I'm struggling with what RotS introduces. Jedi Child Murder?

It introduces gun

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Martman posted:

This is surprisingly accurate but I'm struggling with what RotS introduces.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

The Screaming Corkscrew Jump poo poo™!!!

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Martman posted:

RotS introduces to new powers chronologically like the force lightning and Anakin choking Padme but it's all stuff we already saw in the OT.

That reminds me something I love about RotJ is when Luke first enters Jabba's compound. He's lifts open Jabba's Big Door (Yoda's big trick in ESB with the X-Wing), chokes out a Gamorrean guard (Vader's gimmick), and mind control's Bib Fortuna (Obi-Wan's gimmick). So right from the outset we know he's the real deal because he's able to do all three of our old times real deal force users' abilities from the past two movies.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Episode 3 introduces the power to create life and prevent death

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
We also see Force Lighting in AotC from Dooku, and Yoda throwing it back.

Energy absorption was put into more detail in the old EU, iirc. See Vader blocking Han's blaster shots with a hand. It might be something Vader's bionic body is good at, though a little too good with Force Lightning.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Lightning shows up in Clones.

Efb

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Don’t forget battle meditation in ROtJ

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

thrawn527 posted:

The whole thing is basically a fake cruise. There’s a muster drill on the first day, you can pay extra to eat at the “Captain’s Table”, there are cruise like activities and parties, etc. It’s weird. But once they decided to do that, it basically had to be modeled after a starship.

Wait, late to the party on this one, but they are doing a fake cruise and keeping the most annoying part of every cruise?

I already decided I'd never stay at the place, but that's just icing on the cake. It's less expensive to spend an entire week on an actual Disney cruise ship.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Looks insanely good

I was just thinking how Star Wars could have used chocobos as mounts, and Disney is delivering!

Seriously though, I am going to watch the hell out of this. Looks fun as hell.

Doronin fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Aug 18, 2021

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

The United States posted:

For my money, the best underexplored Force power in the movies is the premonition that Luke gets on Dagobah, because it basically turns Han into the mailbox from The Lake House, with Vader torturing him in order to send a message to the past that would bait Luke into going to Bespin.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

TPM has force speed for literally half a second then we never see it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
EP1: Speed
EP2: Premonition, Lightning absorption
EP3: Lightning reflection
RO1: Sight, Luck
EP4: Mind Trick
EP5: Telekinesis large scale, long range telepathy
EP6: Lightning
EP7: Stasis, Psychometry
EP8: Remote viewing, projection
EP9: Healing, remote transfer, large scale lightning, enhanced lightning reflection