Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/PhillipMolnar/status/1427745919840129025

https://twitter.com/PhillipMolnar/status/1427756793145356291

https://twitter.com/PhillipMolnar/status/1427767806108463106

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
one upside to getting the booster is that i can feel my 5G connection getting stronger, fueling the strength of my transgenderification beam

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Google Butt posted:

its hard to say really

if it was bad someone would assuredly do something. since no one is doing anything it can't be bad, which means we shouldn't do anything.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

coke posted:

apparently you can just skip the whole two week thing if you are important enough

im too poor and still went through quarantine for it

also there are so many birds here for some reason, they just kinda chilled next to me when i was getting some coffee

Covid makes you smell like birdseed

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Joementum posted:

abbott currently wheeling himself through every ICU in the state, taking deep breaths, muttering "more..... MORE!!!!!"

he's a US domesticated Bolsonaro

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

i think its ok, otherwise theyd be shutting in-person classes down. they arent doing this though, so everything must be ok

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
abbott: what's your secret
Bolsonaro: that's my secret.. I'm always infected

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

protags of san diego

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

this is probably fine though

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Stereotype posted:

imagine if a governor was ordering the national guard to randomly go around and murder thousands of people. or got a ton of incredibly dangerous radioactive waste and ordered it be misted through every school HVAC system onto all the kids, giving them all cancer. now imagine the president and entire rest of the nation just standing by being like well states rights ya know can't do anything about it. guess they should have voted better. that's what is happening.
it's absolutely insane
hmm at least they're tweeting
https://twitter.com/VP/status/1426921538083856387?t=1ocl4zlSxS2myenUpfdyeQ&s=19

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/PhillipMolnar/status/1427725151269888000

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
thirty pages behind the times so lol abbott but more importantly GODDAMNIT

So much for gifting my folks & SO plus another at-risk relative each a Secureclick w/ p100 filter

Endlessscreamiiiiiinnnggggggg

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.
So the chud school district my kids go to is literally leaving mask mandates up to a loving SURVEY MONKEY poll as to whether or not the kids should be mandated to wear masks.

The chuddery is deep in this area, and I am convinced that the anti-maskers are responding to this poll at 10x the rate that pro-maskers are.

I am loving terrified for my kids going back in two weeks.

Is there any way I can submit a fuckton of "yes, I approve of a mask mandate in the school this school year" responses so my kids don't die or have permanent lung scarring? I am not sure how secure Survey Monkey is. I know this is "cheating" and I feel like I'm asking how do I get my little Ayden to be top "cutest baby" in an online poll for Pampers but this is the safety of my 3 children. Is there anything I can do to make the "pro-mask" numbers go up a lot?

Help, I am not good at computers.

:sigh:

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
i got extra filters before everything went to poo poo

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Idiocracy was optimistic

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I've seen plenty of people with acute strokes leave the ED AMA I'm sure he was just fine

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
https://twitter.com/bnodesk/status/1427768365934862337?s=21

still on track to max out hospital capacity in mid September

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Stereotype posted:

this is probably fine though

one less person admitted to the hospital. the vaccine is working for this person

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Unironically might pause weight lifting and switch to body weight poo poo just to reduce injury potential lol

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

kalensc posted:

So much for gifting my folks & SO plus another at-risk relative each a Secureclick w/ p100 filter

lmao

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

Stereotype posted:

imagine if a governor was ordering the national guard to randomly go around and murder thousands of people. or got a ton of incredibly dangerous radioactive waste and ordered it be misted through every school HVAC system onto all the kids, giving them all cancer. now imagine the president and entire rest of the nation just standing by being like well states rights ya know can't do anything about it. guess they should have voted better. that's what is happening.

it's pretty cool that some governors have crowned themselves regional warlords of literal death cult dictatorships and they openly murder people with full impugnity

the only people vocally complaining about this are the ones howling for their governors to kill more people, faster

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Delta, take my energy!

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Blooster posted:

So the chud school district my kids go to is literally leaving mask mandates up to a loving SURVEY MONKEY poll as to whether or not the kids should be mandated to wear masks.

The chuddery is deep in this area, and I am convinced that the anti-maskers are responding to this poll at 10x the rate that pro-maskers are.

Is there any way I can submit a fuckton of "yes, I approve of a mask mandate in the school this school year" responses so my kids don't die or have permanent lung scarring? I am not sure how secure Survey Monkey is. I know this is "cheating" and I feel like I'm asking how do I get my little Ayden to be top "cutest baby" in an online poll for Pampers but this is the safety of my 3 children. Is there anything I can do to make the "pro-mask" numbers go up a lot?

I suppose it's possible, and cool if you pull it off. Might be easier to keep your kids out of school if you can arrange child care.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

kalensc posted:

Got the exact same email from that industrialsupplysafety place

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

Blooster posted:

post the link op

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

pancake rabbit posted:

post the link op

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
poo poo Blooster, post a link. Let's go.

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

:regd08:

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.

Topo Chico Debarge posted:

I suppose it's possible, and cool if you pull it off. Might be easier to keep your kids out of school if you can arrange child care.

They literally said in an email "kids belong in schools!" and they would not be offering virtual lessons as a result lol fml :negative:

pancake rabbit posted:

post the link op

Topo Chico Debarge posted:

poo poo Blooster, post a link. Let's go.

Thanks so much and I would but I'm worried about a single wayward goon contacting the school and telling them someone named Blooster on the internet is trying to rig the poll.

Is there any safe way I can post the link?

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Yea uhhhhh I have my little chuds in that school I lost the link

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

osprey posted:

it's pretty cool that some governors have crowned themselves regional warlords of literal death cult dictatorships and they openly murder people with full impugnity

the only people vocally complaining about this are the ones howling for their governors to kill more people, faster

there is no one at all, either in power or in journalism, publically calling for more closures or any additional restrictions. people are JUST NOW starting to maybe encourage masks (but no one get mad okay) and people are losing their poo poo and threatening terrorism over being forced to get vaccinated if they want to keep their job. there are no adults. there are no brakes. it will stop when we collide with the wall.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
pm me the link and I'll do it

e: I'm actually a parent of uh...students at...the school you're talking about. they have sciences, and english classes. and they do..music. give me the link i need it

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
your call bud. i suppose there's always the possibility of a lurker loving the plan up.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
I got an extra large secureclick if anyone’s desperate

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
I thought I lost my respirator when we left Hawaii but I found it! With two p100 cartridges still sealed in plastic. Right on!

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Forum narcs can get stabbed

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

I know it's one of you fuckers. Show yourself.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Post the link in its own thread and have an admin delete the thread after X days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
https://www.king5.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/covid-guidelines-student-athletes-washington/281-e39193c9-8389-4f7f-8b3c-5cf4be7bf2c3

quote:

Washington state releases updated COVID-19 guidelines for student-athletes

PUYALLUP, Wash. — The Washington State Department of Health (DOH) released new COVID-19 guidelines and requirements for K-12 grade sports.

One of the changes includes student-athletes not being required to wear masks while competing this year. However, unvaccinated students will still need to undergo COVID-19 screening.
Jim Meyerhoff, athletic director for the Puyallup School District, said coaches and athletes are ready and excited for an experience that should feel more normal this year.

“The good part is they are actually less restrictive than they were last year,” said Meyerhoff. “So, we're used to what did happen, and students performed well. They responded greatly to what was required of them. I think coaches understand it, and they are looking at it as it's really probably easier than it was last year.”

lmao washington state continues to just bury its head in the sand at the risk of delta, which is currently exploding into the worst surge the state has seen yet