Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Dillbag posted:

IMHO, the film likely had two directors - Quentin directed the opening robbery, hotel hideout and border crossing scenes, then Rodriguez directed everything from the Titty Twister onwards. Which explains why the first half feels like a Tarantino film and the back half is a barely competent mess of one liners and sight gags.

yeah, its one of the best movies ever made

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Dillbag posted:

IMHO, the film likely had two directors

This statement is baffling to me. The film had two credited directors, that's not your humble opinion. "In my humble opinion, it's quite possible that I'm currently posting in the movie posters thread. I am very smart for deducing this."

edit poo poo apparently QT wasn't credited as director, nevermind

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Baron von Eevl posted:

This statement is baffling to me. The film had two credited directors, that's not your humble opinion. "In my humble opinion, it's quite possible that I'm currently posting in the movie posters thread. I am very smart for deducing this."

edit poo poo apparently QT wasn't credited as director, nevermind

Oh, I thought only Rodriguez was credited with Quentin as the writer. I haven't seen it in ages.

edit fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu I replied before you edited

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I’m pretty sure the directors commentary with both Rodriguez and Tarantino confirm the whole movie is directed by Rodriguez, he specifically points out shots from the beginning where he was aping Tarantino’s shooting/framing style.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Yeah it’s just a friend knowingly aping another friend. The point is it’s supposed to FEEL explicitly like a QT film until the vamp twist.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
So really RR was doing Quentin a major solid by having Selma Hayek stick her feet in his mouth during the dancing scene

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That's what started it all.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Mechafunkzilla posted:

So really RR was doing Quentin a major solid by having Selma Hayek stick her feet in his mouth during the dancing scene

He was a writer, I'm sure 'she sticks her feet in my mouth. Really gets up in there. Oh god yeah' was in the script.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

i swear, eventually we're going to find out stuff like this about every director and we'll never hear the end of it

"oh, another coen brothers joint, time to see how many lingering shots of knuckles there are"

"god, how did bunuel get away with so many shots of people walking down hallways"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Does Bunuel want to have sex with a hallway?

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Aug 19, 2021

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I assume they will have fanboys to try and poo poo it down for them so it wouldn’t be a problem

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

Aphrodite posted:

In a way don't we all?

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Aphrodite posted:

He definitely got off on insects.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

hexwren posted:

i swear, eventually we're going to find out stuff like this about every director and we'll never hear the end of it

"oh, another coen brothers joint, time to see how many lingering shots of knuckles there are"

"god, how did bunuel get away with so many shots of people walking down hallways"

Wait until you realize the reason why a woman in a movie using the toilet and especially the pee noise accompanying it is a thing

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

kiimo posted:

And somehow Salma Hayek is still not sexy enough

we've never agreed more

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

it's just an example

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The Cameo posted:

Wait until you realize the reason why a woman in a movie using the toilet and especially the pee noise accompanying it is a thing

“Ya fryin chicken baby?”

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I can’t see the predator as anything but a college frat boy rocking out

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

oldpainless posted:

I can’t see the predator as anything but a college frat boy rocking out

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Lmao YES

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Return of a classic
https://twitter.com/landofthe80s/status/1429867301722017794

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I will never stop being mad at John Cusack hating Better Off Dead. :argh:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

He doesn’t hate Better Off Dead, he hates One Crazy Summer.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Two dollars!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

ruddiger posted:

He doesn’t hate Better Off Dead, he hates One Crazy Summer.

I think he hates both. Or hated it at one point?

Better off Dead is a classic but I kind of see where he's coming from it could have been better and I think he probably didn't think it was going to be as silly as it was. Also didn't he draw all the animation stuff himself?

Legend

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
No, Savage Steve Holland did the animation and directed.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The story I heard from Savage Steve himself was that Cusack had such a good time making Better Off Dead that he immediately signed on to One Crazy Summer. I guess he didn’t realize how much crazier it was going to be than Better Off Dead because Holland screened an early cut for the crew and Cusack walked out after it ended without saying a word and they haven’t spoken since.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

The Cameo posted:

My wife is a critic and at one point this year she had a tally of how many movies she'd seen in a row with random scenes of women on the toilet peeing. She'd have something on in our living room and I'd just here her go "WHY IS SHE ON THE TOILET?!"

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

MikeJF posted:

He was a writer, I'm sure 'she sticks her feet in my mouth. Really gets up in there. Oh god yeah' was in the script.

According to what I've heard that was a last minute rewrite once he found out she'd been cast.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Doesn't Cusack just hate everything at this point? He's been a miserable alcoholic for at least a decade.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

That explains his twitter usage.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Shoehead posted:

My wife is a critic and at one point this year she had a tally of how many movies she'd seen in a row with random scenes of women on the toilet peeing. She'd have something on in our living room and I'd just here her go "WHY IS SHE ON THE TOILET?!"

I remember my cousin complaining sometime back about shots of men peeing. Independence Day was one I remember her complaining about, but at the time she had a list and started rattling them off.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Everyone knows every single film in Hollywood starts production when some bigwig moneyman chomping on a cigar calls a producer and says "Give me a flick with some piss in it but keep it subtle enough that Joe Public won't suspect my depraved tastes" and then some poor screenwriter has to come up with characters and plot that are nothing more than a flimsy frame for a canvass of piss.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There was that producer who spent years and years trying to get a movie made where the hero fights a giant spider. Didn't matter what the movie was about, giant spider.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

There was that producer who spent years and years trying to get a movie made where the hero fights a giant spider. Didn't matter what the movie was about, giant spider.

Jon Peters.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

FreudianSlippers posted:

Everyone knows every single film in Hollywood starts production when some bigwig moneyman chomping on a cigar calls a producer and says "Give me a flick with some piss in it but keep it subtle enough that Joe Public won't suspect my depraved tastes" and then some poor screenwriter has to come up with characters and plot that are nothing more than a flimsy frame for a canvass of piss.

“I want dis film ta have a lil of the poopy, and da pee pee. Ya get what I’m sayin kid? You trow dat poo poo in dis pikchah, or yer fired.”

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Peter Weller as The Big Nerd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

I thought that was Paul Bettany and Ben Stiller