Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

MourningView posted:

Think I'm gonna wait for the 4 part jud buechler doc

My project Theoretically This Guy Can Do Dunks is open to financing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

R.D. Mangles posted:

My project Theoretically This Guy Can Do Dunks is open to financing.

Beef: The Rise and Fall of Bill Wennington, coming to Tubi just in time for the holiday season

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The Point Guard Was A Spy: Randy Brown and the Chicago Bulls

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
The Last Dance 2: May I Cut In? Tim Floyd and the Bulls 1999 season.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
A 12-part series on Jared Lorenzen. Each pass or run he attempted in the regular gets its own 60-minute episode, with his playoff QB sneak getting a special 90-minute one, and the final episode being a 2-hour tribute exploring the origins of his many, many nicknames.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I would watch a Lorenzen doc just for the high school highlights

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I'd be cool with a documentary about every fat guy touchdown.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
At the very least I assume we've gotten a buttfumble 30 for 30 by now with some of the trash that exists out there

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Bip Roberts posted:

At the very least I assume we've gotten a buttfumble 30 for 30 by now with some of the trash that exists out there
Except a hypothetical Buttfumble 30 For 30 should not be associated with trash in any way.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

MourningView posted:

I would watch a Lorenzen doc just for the high school highlights

this is the absolute truth

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

jared lorenzen forever

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
If you're ready for a Big Daddy Balls reunion, click here:
https://defector.com/an-overdue-heart-to-heart-with-aj-daulerio/

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Nope

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Daulerio has been sober for I believe 5+ years now, and The Small Bow is a fairly interesting read if you haven't given it a look.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
It was a decent dead cast, not as fun as usual especially without Roth, aj seems like a sad dude

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://mobile.twitter.com/LeBatardShow/status/1423461607166947330

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/TheAthletic/status/1423649705146322948?s=19

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

drat, I came here to post this. I'm not a subscriber, so maybe the article goes into the bad stuff in a responsible way, but that tweet is garbage, and I'm saying that as someone who laughs at OJ's own twitter videos sometimes.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Oof

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

“I got a Luc Longley in this pack! He was on the Bulls last year and they won the Championship! This card is going to be worth so much! 10 cents.”- The 11-year-old Sudden Loud Noise Story.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Apparently Bill Simmons managed to get put in the new Fast & Furious

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/MikeVacc/status/1426006644803125248?s=19

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/abcnews/status/1426313388016144389

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Media Matters did a very thorough takedown on barstool

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Quoting so I can find this later.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

It's absolutely perfect that they are using the real names of writers, instead of the stupid Barstool nicknames.

quote:

The Daily Beast also suggested that Portnoy hired retired high school plumbing teacher Vincent LeVine, who went viral for a short video about his obsession with Facebook, to harass and send memes to Portnoy’s targets.

AsInHowe fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Aug 18, 2021

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

AsInHowe posted:

It's absolutely perfect that they are using the real names of writers, instead of the stupid Barstool nicknames.

It's drilled down to just exactly what has happened on-record. Some of the bullets are worse than the others but the article does a good job establishing patterns of abuse and misconduct.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I only knew of barstool as being unrepentant shitheads by reputation, so seeing a very long list of their bullshit was actually good to read. God I hate how much these dickheads have been awarded for this kind of behavior.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Not really sure that mocking a woman who said god told her to sell nudes on OnlyFans belongs on that list, but everything else is horrendous.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Something from that article MediaMatters didn't highlight enough

According to The Daily Beast, blogger Francis Ellis published and then quickly deleted a post that slut-shamed a then-missing 23-year-old college woman. Ellis was later fired for the blog post."

This was a case that happened in Salt Lake City shortly after I moved here. The woman in question was killed with enough blunt-force trauma that chunks of her skull flew off, and the murderer torched her dead body. The guy who did it said he just wanted to know what killing someone felt like.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Not really sure that mocking a woman who said god told her to sell nudes on OnlyFans belongs on that list, but everything else is horrendous.
This: "After a video of a Dodgers ball girl tackling a trespassing fan on the field went viral, blogger Conner “Big Tennessee” Knapp described the woman as a “24-year-old ROCKET” and someone who “does not disappoint.”

Is maybe the only other thing on that list where depending on how you read it I'm not entirely sure if it belongs there.

Crazy Ted fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Aug 19, 2021

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Crazy Ted posted:

Something from that article MediaMatters didn't highlight enough

According to The Daily Beast, blogger Francis Ellis published and then quickly deleted a post that slut-shamed a then-missing 23-year-old college woman. Ellis was later fired for the blog post."

This was a case that happened in Salt Lake City that happened shortly after I moved here. The woman in question was killed with enough blunt-force trauma that chunks of her skull flew off, and the murderer torcher her dead body. The guy who did said he just wanted to know what killing someone felt like.

holy loving poo poo :stare:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I apparently missed a lot of this poo poo

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Drew Magary once called Barstool "a website for people who want to grow up to be Donald Trump Jr." and I can't think of a more perfect description for those people and their followers.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Benne posted:

Drew Magary once called Barstool "a website for people who want to grow up to be Donald Trump Jr." and I can't think of a more perfect description for those people and their followers.

Amazing. Went and found the article, and this is also correct.

https://twitter.com/drewmagary/status/1277650079869022209?s=21

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I'm halfway through the sexual harassment section and don't have the stomach to finish.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

So does anyone think MLB actually looked into what kind of content Barstool is responsible for before they signed that agreement, or did they just take Tom Ricketts's word for it?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I’m not sure the agreement’s been signed yet, honestly. Last I’d heard they were one of a few platforms they were considering.

I could be wrong though

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
The hope would that it'd be like when PMT had an ESPN show for like five seconds and then it immediately got killed off due to backlash before it really got going but that might be giving Manfred too much credit.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The fact that barstool was even in the running makes me think MLB had one streaming bid and they were desperately looking for help driving the price up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Barstool is going to continue to be appealing to a ton of brands, leagues, and people because it has a massive following from the coveted ad demographic. It should have way too much baggage but as we know businesses are stupid as gently caress.

It should be alarming to any league though given their treatment of everyone who isn’t a tiki torch carrying young man.