Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Also, remember when the US literally did occupy Haiti, or that wacky time France forced them to spend a hundred years paying reparations for the crime of no longer being slaves

yea, after fighting off basically every major world power, Haiti wasn't allowed into the international markets. No one wanted to trade with them. So in order to be able to trade they made a deal with France to compensate France for "lost property" which continued, with interest accumulating, into the mid-20th century. So even though they could technically trade (lol), most of the money/resources from production went to France.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Admiralty Flag posted:

My dear goon, I don't think you're applying credits offsetting storage fees for all the cultural artifacts that the Brits nobly and unilaterally kept safe in the British Museum and other such institutions. That's got to take the number down significantly.
I went on a tour of Windsor Castle once and was shocked at the amount of actual, physical treasure still being hoarded.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

“Loot” is itself a Hindi word

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
This lady who wears a hat made of gold, silk and diamonds sure has a lot of treasure in her house 🤔

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Scratch Monkey posted:

Can you imagine the hatred he'd be spewing over mask mandates?

The thing about dale reed that some people don't get is that he was very much boasting in a performative way for other freepers. I fully believe he said and did some of the awful poo poo he claims, but there were a ton of his posts that were very obviously stdh.txt

I'm not going to spend any time or brain power going back through his posts to try to discern which was which but nobody should take anything he posted completely literally.

Having said that, I do find it entertaining to imagine him the way a lot of posters itt do: a force of nature manifesting as an elemental of pure spite and hatred

edit: I went to the Museum of London 5 or 6 years ago and the overall tone of the place was very much "yeah all this stuff really belongs in its home country and it would be the right thing to do to return it all but those savages can't be trusted to preserve their own history and culture and heritage so we're kepping it lol" but in a very polite British way.

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Aug 17, 2021

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Elephant Ambush posted:

The thing about dale reed that some people don't get is that he was very much boasting in a performative way for other freepers. I fully believe he said and did some of the awful poo poo he claims, but there were a ton of his posts that were very obviously stdh.txt

I'm not going to spend any time or brain power going back through his posts to try to discern which was which but nobody should take anything he posted completely literally.

Having said that, I do find it entertaining to imagine him the way a lot of posters itt do: a force of nature manifesting as an elemental of pure spite and hatred

edit: I went to the Museum of London 5 or 6 years ago and the overall tone of the place was very much "yeah all this stuff really belongs in its home country and it would be the right thing to do to return it all but those savages can't be trusted to preserve their own history and culture and heritage so we're kepping it lol" but in a very polite British way.

Isn't there a decently supported movement in Britain to begin returning artifacts to their rightful owners? I could have sworn I read that a process to do so had started.

I was spending every summer there from 1994 to 2000ish, but I've not been since. Everything I hear is secondhand.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Elephant Ambush posted:

Pretty much all of Freep is that way, the number of these idiots that claim to be high powered executives or ex-navy seals or rangers or 7 feet tall or that they yelled at some BLM protester or whatever, or were threatened by a thug and scared them off with their tall manliness or just.. Freep is probably 90% bullshit performative lies, what's sad and hilarious is the the things they are hilarious liars about

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
But that one guy greenlit all the marvel movies!!! And every year he fires a liberal just to watch them cry!!

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Captain Monkey posted:

But that one guy greenlit all the marvel movies!!! And every year he fires a liberal just to watch them cry!!

I mean it wouldn't be too weird to me if Ike Perlmutter had a freep account :v:

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

pseudanonymous posted:

Pretty much all of Freep is that way, the number of these idiots that claim to be high powered executives or ex-navy seals or rangers or 7 feet tall or that they yelled at some BLM protester or whatever, or were threatened by a thug and scared them off with their tall manliness or just.. Freep is probably 90% bullshit performative lies, what's sad and hilarious is the the things they are hilarious liars about

I don't doubt a lot of them are veterans, who are bitter that they spent four years as a radio technician in Germany but totally could have taken the fight to Moscow if not for hand-wringing liberals. There's quite a few in that age group.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I don't doubt a lot of them are veterans, who are bitter that they spent four years as a radio technician in Germany but totally could have taken the fight to Moscow if not for hand-wringing liberals. There's quite a few in that age group.

The number of massive chuds who joined up post-Vietnam, got out before the Gulf War, and whose only deployment was either Japan or Germany is through the roof. Just a whole generation of bureaucratic fuckbags whose understanding of Real War is Grenada.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

I can't find it now, but the comic "Private Murphy's Law" had a logo showing their titular character portraying a soldier from the major periods in the army's history from the revolution to the Iraq wars. They were all carrying their weapons except the "Cold War Murphy" who simply had a mop.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Yeah the vets in the family who fought in WW2, Korea, and Vietnam were either anti-war liberals or at best dovish tax bracket republicans. The turbo chuds in the family were all marines in a non-combat MOS over in Germany for four years in the 80s.

I still remember when one of the peacetime marine chuds said my uncle who got a silver star and purple heart in nam wasn't a real man because he was army instead of marine corps.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
It's also pretty well accepted that even without combat-related PTSD, the dehumanization of military training can gently caress you up.

Sadly* these guys are the same guys who'd keel over before revealing their chronic chest pain, let alone consider therapy for mental health. "Sounds like that cuck lib poo poo my daughter's husband does. That's why I don't get to see my grandkids at Thanksgiving."

*I'm not that sad

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Aug 18, 2021

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

I actually kind of like the idea of a "cold war veteran", seeing as living under the constant threat (or, at least, being led to believe you're under constant threat) of a nuclear war in which everyone you know and love will die, and everything you know and love will die, and you'll probably die, and the world will end, is the sort of poo poo that has definitely hosed up a huge chunk of at least one, but probably two generations. That's something that should be considered as a potential source of stress and anxiety in things like therapy.

But of course, yeah, that's not what the hat is about, and Freepers think people with any kind of mental health issue are super wimp libs that should stop whining and lay down in the street and die.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Thing is, everyone was living the same thing. It's sort of silly to wear a special boy hat for braving the same threat as literally everyone else on the planet.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

kartikeya posted:

I actually kind of like the idea of a "cold war veteran", seeing as living under the constant threat (or, at least, being led to believe you're under constant threat) of a nuclear war in which everyone you know and love will die, and everything you know and love will die, and you'll probably die, and the world will end, is the sort of poo poo that has definitely hosed up a huge chunk of at least one, but probably two generations. That's something that should be considered as a potential source of stress and anxiety in things like therapy.

But of course, yeah, that's not what the hat is about, and Freepers think people with any kind of mental health issue are super wimp libs that should stop whining and lay down in the street and die.

Everyone will die and everything will end, that's just the way things work. The ultimate futility of everything is something you either come to terms with or something you blind yourself to, freep mostly does the later of the two, but most people are like that anyway. :shrug:

So yeah, the hat is sort of silly posturing.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

It's also pretty well accepted that even without combat-related PTSD, the dehumanization of military training can gently caress you up.

Sadly* these guys are the same guys who'd keel over before revealing their chronic chest pain, let alone consider therapy for mental health. "Sounds like that cuck lib poo poo my daughter's husband does. That's why I don't get to see my grandkids at Thanksgiving."

*I'm not that sad

Vets seem a lot better about it these days than in previous decades. My pop was a vet and said that he used to tell guys who were obviously hosed up, "Even Audie Murphy got help" and that made some difference.

Not sure if the current generation of soldiers all know who Murphy was, but I still think it's a good line.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Everyone will die and everything will end, that's just the way things work. The ultimate futility of everything is something you either come to terms with or something you blind yourself to, freep mostly does the later of the two, but most people are like that anyway. :shrug:

So yeah, the hat is sort of silly posturing.

Oh, I wasn't defending the hat. Just that I found the concept something that probably should be taken into account when dealing with mental health. Yes, everyone dies, that's not the same as living under (what everything around you is saying is) constant threat of nuclear war. Long term stressors like that can do a lot of damage.

And I'm very sure a bunch of Freepers have had that happen to them, but they've chosen to be hateful assholes, and 'hateful rear end in a top hat' is not a symptom of mental health issues, so this was a pretty random tangent.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Soylent Pudding posted:

Yeah the vets in the family who fought in WW2, Korea, and Vietnam were either anti-war liberals or at best dovish tax bracket republicans. The turbo chuds in the family were all marines in a non-combat MOS over in Germany for four years in the 80s.

I still remember when one of the peacetime marine chuds said my uncle who got a silver star and purple heart in nam wasn't a real man because he was army instead of marine corps.

Honestly every marine i've known post WWII/Korea has been a dickbag that got high on the corps farts over how badass and awesome they were because of what the older generation did in the Pacific.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

SocketWrench posted:

Honestly every marine i've known post WWII/Korea has been a dickbag that got high on the corps farts over how badass and awesome they were because of what the older generation did in the Pacific.

The 82nd Airborne is still actively blowing itself over their combat drops from the same era. How they do it with a reserve chute in the way I’ll never know, but they make it work somehow.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Icon Of Sin posted:

The 82nd Airborne is still actively blowing itself over their combat drops from the same era. How they do it with a reserve chute in the way I’ll never know, but they make it work somehow.

All American baby

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Icon Of Sin posted:

You ever see the reserve chutes? It's about the size of a bundled up pillow strapped in front of your belly

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

EUGENE? Where's my fuckin' money, Eugene?
And they're all pissy because the 173rd out of Italy got a combat jump during the Iraq invasion and they didn't. You know...back when we were all hoodwinked into thinking that was a good idea.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Wasn't the Iraq jump entirely done because "yeeeeeehaaaawwwwwww it's D-Day again," despite large-scale parachute drops being utterly obsolete in a military with an enormous helicopter fleet?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

SocketWrench posted:

You ever see the reserve chutes? It's about the size of a bundled up pillow strapped in front of your belly

I went to airborne school, I’m fully aware. Also, I went to airborne school :suicide:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Wasn't the Iraq jump entirely done because "yeeeeeehaaaawwwwwww it's D-Day again," despite large-scale parachute drops being utterly obsolete in a military with an enormous helicopter fleet?

As with everything in life there are strengths and limitations to new technology so it's sometimes useful to keep older stuff around for specific tasks

We just haven't found the specific niche that massed para-dropping fulfills in the 21st century :v:

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Phone posting but I didn't see anything on the bomb threat today.

This is what I'm seeing them coalesce around

quote:

To: luvie
Southern as f***.

Sounds like a white man.

From the topic of his conversaton, I’m leaning towards a three-letter-agency handler and a false flag.

141 posted on 8/19/2021, 11:20:06 AM by Lazamataz (I feel like it is 1937 Germany, and my last name is Feinberg.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 112 | View Replies]
https://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3986693/posts

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Hmm I wonder what Freep is-

quote:

To: PghBaldy

Ocasio better hide if she doesnt want to be raped.

164 posted on 08/19/2021 3:40:55 PM PDT by DeathBeforeDishonor1 ( )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]
...never mind.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Jagged Jim posted:

Hmm I wonder what Freep is-

...never mind.

:stare:

I feel like that's more mask off than normal for them.

Was it in regards to anything specific?

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

kik2dagroin posted:

Phone posting but I didn't see anything on the bomb threat today.

This is what I'm seeing them coalesce around

https://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3986693/posts

I know it's been discussed before here, but Jesus christ it's amazing how many of these nutters doing exactly what freepers have swooned over doing are false flags once they do happen

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Captain Log posted:

The mask seems increasingly off in general. A lot of them will openly yell about black people now. Previously it was always "urban" or "thugs" or dumb poo poo like "amish ;)"

waydownLo
Oct 1, 2016

Captain Log posted:

The comment was from their thread on the DC bomber. They took AOC relating her fear on Jan 6 to her fear when she was sexually assaulted and turned it into her saying she was scared of being raped by Capitol rioters.

I hate these motherfuckers so much lol

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Well, it was called Operation Northern Distraction. It was done to draw 4 Iraq tank divisions north away from U.S. forces moving in from the south so the air force could isolate and bomb them. Would have been more conventional forces but Turkey wouldn't allow a push from their borders.

The paratroopers didn't have to do much other than be muddy and cold until they were cleared to push on Erbil and Kirkuk.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Dirt5o8 posted:

Well, it was called Operation Northern Distraction. It was done to draw 4 Iraq tank divisions north away from U.S. forces moving in from the south so the air force could isolate and bomb them. Would have been more conventional forces but Turkey wouldn't allow a push from their borders.

The paratroopers didn't have to do much other than be muddy and cold until they were cleared to push on Erbil and Kirkuk.

This was literally our plan B, for those who don't know about it. Originally we were going to push in from Turkey but the Turkish government wanted a bigger bribe, so they said they wouldn't because they were against the war. But whoops! That tapped into the massive opposition to the war among the Turks in general and eventually we either had to give them some insane guarantees like letting them stomp all over Kurds in Northern Iraq with impunity, or go with Plan B.

We went with Plan B.

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

Zeroisanumber posted:

This was literally our plan B, for those who don't know about it. Originally we were going to push in from Turkey but the Turkish government wanted a bigger bribe, so they said they wouldn't because they were against the war. But whoops! That tapped into the massive opposition to the war among the Turks in general and eventually we either had to give them some insane guarantees like letting them stomp all over Kurds in Northern Iraq with impunity, or go with Plan B.

We went with Plan B.

And they still tried slipping teams in to slaughter Kurdish villages. If anyone wants to see the Turkish white washed version of that, look for Valley of the Wolves: Iraq.

IRL, U.S. forces caught a Turkish SF team executing Kurdish civilians. They were held and released back to turkey. In the movie, the turks were slaughtered defending Kurds from pillaging Americans. Hilarity and lovely Rambo acting ensue.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Zeroisanumber posted:

We went with Plan B.

And then we abandoned the kurds

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Zeroisanumber posted:

We went with Plan B.

And then Donnie went plan A after it was all over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Trump got booed at his "America does Nuremberg" rally over his recommendation to attendees to get vaccinated.
Though young and healthy, unvaccinated father dies of COVID

OP posted:

On July 20, Josh came home from work with a slight cough initially thought to be sinus trouble. On Aug. 11, he died of COVID-19 at a north Alabama hospital as Christina Tidmore witnessed a doctor and her team frantically try to resuscitate her husband.

“She would say, ’I need a pulse. ’I would hear, ‘no pulse,’ “Christina Tidmore said through tears. “They were trying so hard.”

“Nobody should go through this. He was only 36 and I’m 35 and we have three kids.”

She is now imploring young adults not to dismiss the risk and to consider getting vaccinated.

“Josh was completely healthy, active, not a smoker.” He would have turned 37 on Saturday.

quote:

To: Berlin_Freeper
Thanks for the fear porn post!

My advice to all those who are scared of the virus is to stay in your basement.

The rest of us will go about our business and live our lives to the fullest.

2 posted on 08/21/2021 11:56:28 AM PDT by Roman_War_Criminal (Jesus + Something = Nothing ; Jesus + Nothing = Everything )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: Roman_War_Criminal
This is a human interest story of what is happening in our time.

President Trump recommends you get vaccinated.

You are welcome.

10 posted on 08/21/2021 11:59:16 AM PDT by Berlin_Freeper (President Trump: "It's a great vaccine, it's a safe vaccine and it's something that works.")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies ]

quote:

President Trump recommends you get vaccinated.

You are welcome.

Trump is no longer President.
He took the recommendations of Fauci

41 posted on 08/21/2021 12:09:21 PM PDT by delchiante
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies ]

quote:

Lots of stories about people getting the shot and then days ..sometime hours..dropping dead.

I doubt Trump would have pushed for kids and teens to get the shot.

75 posted on 08/21/2021 12:26:20 PM PDT by Leep (Save America. Lock down Joe Biden!)

quote:

If you and Trump told me to slash my wrists, I wouldn’t do it either. You can go to hell. You’re welcome.

150 posted on 08/21/2021 1:07:07 PM PDT by Luke21

quote:

I love PDJT to death, but in this case I’ll keep my own counsel.

Not getting the mRNA jab. Considering J&J if I’m absolutely boxed in.

161 posted on 08/21/2021 1:12:21 PM PDT by Not A Snowbird (I do not recognize Biden’s authority.)

quote:

Trump is not a doctor.

209 posted on 08/21/2021 1:47:22 PM PDT by dforest (huh)

quote:

story of what is happening in our time.
The one useful bit info I got of this is 'stay out of north Alabama hospitals'. Basically, all the article said was he got covid and died. There's a lot of time between when he got sick and when he died. I would like to know what kind of treatment he got if any. That would be a more complete story of what's happening.

280 posted on 08/21/2021 6:04:44 PM PDT by tbpiper

gas_dr is still futilely waging war against antivaxxers. This is a long exchange so I'll summarize: Roman_War_Criminal offers no tangible rebuttal to otherwise tame but corroborated anecdotes that many medical professionals are observing while literally trying to save the lies of people with COVID , claims they're absolutely not terrified of the disease with which they then assert the totalitarian Biden regime will send Left Wing Vaxx Squads to his house to inject him with unproven science, completely misunderstands what gaslighting means, then they make amends because they're both :airquote: brothers in Christ :airquote: and agree to try to try to not be so mean to opposing viewpoints in the future. The kicker is Roman_War_Criminal having the last word and saying "This crap is dividing everybody and it’s making folks lose their minds" when it's literally the antivaxxers that are doing the dividing because they can't admit that they're wrong.

quote:

This is happening more and more. We are seeing younger people suffering and ill. Your arrogance is only outdone by your ignorance as to this disease.

18 posted on 8/21/2021, 12:01:55 PM by gas_dr (Conditions of Socratic debate: Intelligence, Candor, and Good Will. )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

To: gas_dr
Sorry “doc”, but I’ve gotten it twice and it felt like hangover both times.

I’m “terrified” of it.
Mind your own business about how I should respond to fake news. I’m over the lies.

26 posted on 08/21/2021 12:04:08 PM PDT by Roman_War_Criminal (Jesus + Something = Nothing ; Jesus + Nothing = Everything )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 18 | View Replies ]

quote:

This is not fake. This is real. I highly doubt you had it twice. This would go against virtually all we snd even your side states.

I have had several younger people some as young as 28 in the ICU in the last three weeks. Ad your side posts every likely incidental death to the vaccine. So stop with the ongoing arrogance. This is happening. It’s real and you don’t know squat about it except what you have read and cut and paste.

44 posted on 08/21/2021 12:10:09 PM PDT by gas_dr (Conditions of Socratic debate: Intelligence, Candor, and Good Will. )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 26 | View Replies ]

quote:

You can doubt all you want. Two positive tests 5 months apart “doc”.

Save your BS propaganda stories.
Live your life scared and terrified.

I’m not going to nor do I give a crap about your posts.

52 posted on 08/21/2021 12:15:04 PM PDT by Roman_War_Criminal (Jesus + Something = Nothing ; Jesus + Nothing = Everything )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 44 | View Replies ]

quote:

Two positive tests five months apart. You are aware there are late positives because this is an LRI. It can take up to 180 days in extreme cases to clear the lower tract and in it are particles that can make a test positive.

Please tell me you knew that. Because you know everything else. You are, in your arrogance, you repeatedly prove the point that you have an agenda instead of a desire for discernment.

67 posted on 08/21/2021 12:21:48 PM PDT by gas_dr (Conditions of Socratic debate: Intelligence, Candor, and Good Will. )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 52 | View Replies ]

quote:

If you were honest, you would be on board for offering a full spectrum of treatment options all on the table instead of pushing a vaccine.

If you are against hydroxychloroquine or ivermectin and would prefer folks get vaxxed with a non-approved and highly untested bogus vaccine then you are not honest and you have the agenda.

77 posted on 08/21/2021 12:27:10 PM PDT by Roman_War_Criminal (Jesus + Something = Nothing ; Jesus + Nothing = Everything )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 67 | View Replies ]

quote:

I’m so glad you said that. You see I posted the proper doses of
Ivermectin I’m a different thread yesterday. I have repeatedly called for the full spectrum of treatment that works.

I readily endorse monoclonals. I habe promoted vitamin D and zinc. I have indeed posted the actual clinical data I see and treat with everyday. I do not succumb to the lies you promoted. The vaccine has passed through three phases of trials snd has been administered over 300 million times to over 160 million Americans. All of which have produced minimal safety issues even if we accept the readily overinflated numbers some including you would just down our throats. Those of your position readily post every possible vaccine effect no matter how outlandish and ask us to accept it as gospel while calling these posts lies and propaganda.

I have personally seen and treated people in their 20s who have died of this disease. I have personally treated healthy people who have died as well. Are they the majority? No but they are more common than you apparently would like to believe.

The fruits of the spirit include gentleness. I see no gentleness in your posts.

89 posted on 08/21/2021 12:34:18 PM PDT by gas_dr (Conditions of Socratic debate: Intelligence, Candor, and Good Will. )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 77 | View Replies ]

quote:

I haven’t lied to you - you are a liar for calling me one.
And for you to even start speaking about the gentleness and the fruits of the spirit - LOL!

One of these days soon, this vaccine is going to forced at the point of a gun on everybody in this society.
I already know what side you stand on.

It’s not freedom, it’s not choice, but it is on the side of totalitarianism.

Hopefully you’ll wise up at the risk of losing your license, home, and everything else to come back to truth.

105 posted on 08/21/2021 12:43:40 PM PDT by Roman_War_Criminal (Jesus + Something = Nothing ; Jesus + Nothing = Everything )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 89 | View Replies ]

quote:

You in fact said I was lying. While the pivot is nice where have I ever said there should be forced or mandatory vaccine. Look long and hard. K ah e not.

I find your manipulations of what you have said interesting. Your pivots to other things are disjointed. You claim no fear and yet this post has panic in it. At the end of gun? Really? And I have and will continue to lend my voice to the position of never mandatory vaccination.

But you speak not in wisdom or discernment. You have no basis except what you have read. But we can agree that none should be mandatory and I will fight that fight with you

126 posted on 08/21/2021 12:53:40 PM PDT by gas_dr (Conditions of Socratic debate: Intelligence, Candor, and Good Will. )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 105 | View Replies ]

quote:

You are a gaslighter that is what you are - in addition to mischaracterizing posts and projecting fake fear in what I posted to you.

Mark my words: The day is coming when you will be forced to take this jab or be dealt with.

That is not fear, that is stating the obvious of where this is all leading.

If you don’t see it coming then you’re blind.

141 posted on 08/21/2021 1:01:48 PM PDT by Roman_War_Criminal (Jesus + Something = Nothing ; Jesus + Nothing = Everything )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 126 | View Replies ]

quote:

I don’t think you know what gas lighting means. But then again many people throw that term around inappropriately. So it hardly shocks me that someone whose entire history rests on others words instead of experience.

You claim the pulpit of the faithful and then speak as you do. It’s just food for thought. And I disagree with your at the end of gun theory. I will fight against that with you.

However, contrary to the argument of another where we have common ground is where we should focus. Although not a lot we have common ground on the non mandatory vaccine.

I wish you peace.

155 posted on 08/21/2021 1:09:46 PM PDT by gas_dr (Conditions of Socratic debate: Intelligence, Candor, and Good Will. )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 141 | View Replies ]

quote:

Oh I know what it means.
And you are doing it underhandedly here with your obfuscation and complete mischaracterizations in your posts.

178 posted on 08/21/2021 1:21:49 PM PDT by Roman_War_Criminal (Jesus + Something = Nothing ; Jesus + Nothing = Everything )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 155 | View Replies ]

quote:

We have identified common ground. Is it your goal to simply continue to sow seeds of discord? I will not answer any further because you seem like you only want your position only accepted.

Peace to you.

183 posted on 08/21/2021 1:24:51 PM PDT by gas_dr (Conditions of Socratic debate: Intelligence, Candor, and Good Will. )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 178 | View Replies ]

quote:

Here’s my olive branch doc:

Glad you’re open to other treatments than just the jab.
Glad that you state that will fight mandating vaccines (losing proposition as it is).
Glad that you seem to want to meet in the middle.

#1 I didn’t initiate the dialogue with you.

#2 Your first post to me is accusing with the words “ignorance” and “arrogance”.

#3 It seems you are emotionally vested in this topic. Moreso than others. Our experiences with it are different and you think I lie about mine.

#4 The sledgehammer approach will only produce a sledgehammer response (Christians fight back too).

#5 Proverbs 15:1 A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. (Maybe you’ll get why I responded to you the way I did?)

#6 Ephesians 4:31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice.

Peace? 👍

195 posted on 08/21/2021 1:34:53 PM PDT by Roman_War_Criminal (Jesus + Something = Nothing ; Jesus + Nothing = Everything )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 183 | View Replies ]

quote:

Indeed as you are a brother in Christ
I am sorry for being abrasive as I was to you. I also will work on patience and gentleness

I wish you the very best. And hopefully future dialogue…

Peace and be well.

200 posted on 08/21/2021 1:37:57 PM PDT by gas_dr (Conditions of Socratic debate: Intelligence, Candor, and Good Will. )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 195 | View Replies ]

quote:

We all need to work on it.

My apologies to you as well.

This crap is dividing everybody and it’s making folks lose their minds.

May God bless you.

207 posted on 08/21/2021 1:44:57 PM PDT by Roman_War_Criminal (Jesus + Something = Nothing ; Jesus + Nothing = Everything )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 200 | View Replies ]
How fortunate that the two of them are both posting on a website that is replete with images of the American flag, The Bible, and a gun. All in the same picture no less! Who would have guessed there would be Christians there with which they could have honest disagreements with? In an alternate reality gas_dr is actually a Buddhist and this post goes on for another 10 pages when Roman_War_Criminal panics and begins to C+P the nonsense Bible quotes contained in their rapture ready freep profile to save face while gas_dr flails about pleading for sanity on a website inhabited by insane people.