Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lacrosse posted:

Isn't Isreal the country that's like 90% vaxxed and started rolling out boosters in mid-July? And it's still that bad there? lol America is hosed

They were never 90% vaxed

Right now they're at 60% fully vaccinated with 2 doses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

meet girls at the store posted:

Consent manufacturing machine go brrrrrr

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

McNugget Buddy posted:

Ah OK phew

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
If anyone is having trouble finding secureclick filters industrialsupply.com is still shipping them. But you'll probably have to follow up with them to make sure they got the order.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Lacrosse posted:

Isn't Isreal the country that's like 90% vaxxed and started rolling out boosters in mid-July? And it's still that bad there? lol America is hosed

it's something like mid 60% fully vaccinated, their olds were really fast and willing to get vaccinated but the 20 year olds pulled it back down. but yeah they're more vaccinated than the US, and are currently rolling out third boosters to boot

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

kater posted:

I don’t understand how anyone is capable of making responsible decisions anymore.

They're not, it rules utterly and completely op. Everything under heaven is in chaos, etc etc, and so on.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

empty whippet box posted:

My wife is currently on a phone interview with the job business gorilla has been spamming about in thread. If this actually comes through then it will be the millionth example of cspam making a huge positive difference in our lives. I seriously don't know where we would be without this dumb dying pansexual comedy forum.

YEAHHhhhh!

thank you for posting this. been feelin’ kinda dumpy today so it’s nice to read some good news! hope it works out!!

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lacrosse posted:

Ah OK phew

I think everyone saw Israel's case numbers start to drop when they hit around 55% fully vaccinated, and world leaders said "THAT'S THE MAGIC NUMBER" and never made any kind of adjustment

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

WampaLord posted:

She was in God's Not Dead 2 lol

They made a sequel to God's Not Dead???

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

lol

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Just got my booster shot of Moderna and I can feel the lizard juice in my body

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
is greg abbott dead from covid yet?

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Hollismason posted:

Just got my booster shot of Moderna and I can feel the lizard juice in my body

Didn't you hear, the CDC said boosters are cancelled!

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

ram dass in hell posted:

Didn't you hear, the CDC said boosters are cancelled!

Can't have people question whether vaccines work, that would be bad!

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Golf Trip News:
Coworker: Unaffected
Coworker Husband: In ICU for 6 days - is now home. Has Brain Fog
Coworker Husband's brother: On a ventilator
CHB's Wife: Dead
12 of the other guys on the golf trip: Covid + but mild.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

mod sassinator posted:

is greg abbott dead from covid yet?

Need phil Valentine update too

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Pillowpants posted:

Golf Trip News:

Casualty report

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Pillowpants posted:

Golf Trip News:

wow so one work trip/event lead to a 2nd degree contact in the grave, with maybe another to come

they were all vaccinated i think you originally said too?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

alright goons I am two degrees of separation from Covid and I need advice: a contractor at work was reported positive early in the week, just today the maintenance guy who was working with him also tested positive and my day shift co-worker got sent home (we're in the same office for a few hours on shift change). I'm fully vaccinated (my coworker isn't) but I'm gonna see if I can get tested asap. My one worry is that idk how early the testing can pick up on it- if it comes back negative how reliably clean am I?

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

StashAugustine posted:

alright goons I am two degrees of separation from Covid and I need advice: a contractor at work was reported positive early in the week, just today the maintenance guy who was working with him also tested positive and my day shift co-worker got sent home (we're in the same office for a few hours on shift change). I'm fully vaccinated (my coworker isn't) but I'm gonna see if I can get tested asap. My one worry is that idk how early the testing can pick up on it- if it comes back negative how reliably clean am I?

3-5 days after your exposure is when you want to test according to the CDC

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

mod sassinator posted:

wow so one work trip/event lead to a 2nd degree contact in the grave, with maybe another to come

they were all vaccinated i think you originally said too?

My coworker and her husband were not vaccinated (She has since gotten her first shot of moderna)

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
Hahahaha they're only requiring the first dose of the vaccine for the NYC concert CNN's been hawking for weeks.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

lol

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lacrosse posted:

Can't have people question whether vaccines work, that would be bad!

Imagine having to explain this to someone completely unvaccinated right now but willing to get a shot

"You will get the first dose now, and the second in 3 or 4 weeks!"

And then I'll be protected, right?

"No! Two weeks after your second shot, you will be fully immune!"

Great, so I'll be fully protected!

"No! Then you have to get a booster shot in 4-6 months!"

So then I'll be fully protected?

"No! A month or so after the booster shot you'll be fully protected against Delta!"

But isn't the Delta wave going on right now? How can I protect myself from something that will be over in 4 months if it takes over 6 months of vaccinations?

"OPEN BIDEN"

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

McNugget Buddy posted:

Imagine having to explain this to someone completely unvaccinated right now but willing to get a shot

"You will get the first dose now, and the second in 3 or 4 weeks!"

And then I'll be protected, right?

"No! Two weeks after your second shot, you will be fully immune!"

Great, so I'll be fully protected!

"No! Then you have to get a booster shot in 4-6 months!"

So then I'll be fully protected?

"No! A month or so after the booster shot you'll be fully protected against Delta!"

But isn't the Delta wave going on right now? How can I protect myself from something that will be over in 4 months if it takes over 6 months of vaccines?

"OPEN BIDEN"

This is a chud rear end post. The vaccines still do a lot they just aren't perfect or sterilizing.

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Rural Florida update: Jimmy Johns is closed so we had to order work lunch from Red Lobster.

Schools are supposed to call us if they want tests done but we're not getting many calls.

Our combo vaccine/testing place regularly gets more people demanding tests than vaccines. Frustrated staff venting about limiting tests to the vaccinated

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

lol just read this on reddit. It's a snippet of a paywalled WaPo article.

quote:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/08/18/cdc-data-delay-delta-variant/

When Pfizer representatives met with senior U.S. government health officials on July 12, they laid out why they thought booster shots would soon be necessary in the United States. Data from Israel showed the vaccine’s effectiveness waned over time, especially in older and immunocompromised people.

But officials from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention disagreed, saying their own data showed something quite different, according to four people with direct knowledge of the meeting who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

Other senior health officials in the meeting were stunned. Why hadn’t the CDC looped other government officials on the data? Could the agency share it — at least with the Food and Drug Administration, which was responsible for deciding whether booster shots were necessary? But CDC officials demurred, saying they planned to publish it soon.

That episode, say senior administration officials and outside experts, illustrates the growing frustration with the CDC’s slow and siloed approach to sharing data, which prevented officials across the government from getting real-time information about how the delta variant was bearing down on the United States and behaving with greater ferocity than earlier variants — an information gap they say stymied the response.

CDC officials declined to identify what data they had cited at that meeting with Pfizer officials. But on Wednesday, more than a month later, the agency published a trio of reports showing similar trendlines as the earlier Israeli studies — declining protection against the delta variant as it became dominant in the United States.

“The moment there’s something really problematic, it should be shared,” said Eric Topol, professor of molecular medicine at Scripps Research. “In the time it takes to get out an MMWR report [a weekly scientific digest], too many people have gotten infected, too many people have gotten long covid, too many people among them have gotten very sick, some even getting hospitalized.”

https://www.reddit.com/r/CoronavirusUS/comments/p8agv9/the_cdcs_failure_to_share_realtime_problem_put

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

McNugget Buddy posted:

and as with a lot of things, it depends on how you count Israel's population

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

StashAugustine posted:

Average time to be detectable is 3.5-4 days after exposure

4-5 days is ideal for testing

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status/1428790213237563393

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

Cyber Punk 90210 posted:

I can't find it either. I thought it was :nod: oh well :shrug:

plz enjoy

oh hell yeah tyty

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Lacrosse posted:

I think that depends on whether you consider Palestinians living in Israel to be people. So, according to Israel's official numbers, yeah, probably 90%+.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Lol.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

drat that would have been a great time to do crimes

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Shitpostradomus posted:

gently caress it i'm gonna take my lunch just as bossman walks back in from lunch
he'll forget to ask what i was doing 30m later if i do that.

lol

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thoguh posted:

This is a chud rear end post. The vaccines still do a lot they just aren't perfect or sterilizing.

The point is that there's no way for anyone unvaccinated who has a change of heart to protect themselves from symptomatic Delta.

It's too late.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

gradenko_2000 posted:

They made a sequel to God's Not Dead???

they've made 2

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

zegermans posted:

Hell yeah! I got my 2009 DUI thrown out because they scheduled a cop funeral for my court date.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

zegermans posted:

With how many cops are unvaxxed, that poo poo was probably a superspreader event. People will likely get their chance to do crimes in a few days.