Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Who wins between a Randy and a Travis?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atillo
Jan 9, 2007

Not too extreme but just an odd overreaction

"Creepy AF. To the chap who delivered PERSONALLY addressed religious paraphernalia to my house.......WHO ARE YOU? HOW DID YOU KNOW WHERE I AM? .....and WTF MAKES YOU THINK MY HOUSEMATES AND I CARE ABOUT ORGANISED RELIGION?"

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Chief McHeath posted:

Who wins between a Randy and a Travis?

Randy Travis, DUH!

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Atillo posted:

Not too extreme but just an odd overreaction

"Creepy AF. To the chap who delivered PERSONALLY addressed religious paraphernalia to my house.......WHO ARE YOU? HOW DID YOU KNOW WHERE I AM? .....and WTF MAKES YOU THINK MY HOUSEMATES AND I CARE ABOUT ORGANISED RELIGION?"

I’ve gotten those. It’s jehovas witnesses.

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer
I know everyone's been dying to know if kitten in a jar has turned up and I'm sorry to say it has not.

However, we now have an update!

:gonk:

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Jymmybob posted:

I know everyone's been dying to know if kitten in a jar has turned up and I'm sorry to say it has not.

:gonk:

Welp, that's enough Internet for me today. Good night.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I remember at least two people getting scammed by the bonsai kittens meme. Practically baroque these days.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Wifi Toilet posted:

Welp, that's enough Internet for me today. Good night.

that's cool as heck, what's wrong with y'all

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Jymmybob posted:

The Police have released surveillance footage of the suspect. He is armed, dangerous and can cause your bowels to evacuate.

May Contain Nuts
Sep 12, 2007

but still delicious

Ralph Hurley posted:

I’ve gotten those. It’s jehovas witnesses.

I got a very nice handwritten letter from them about 2 months into lockdown. I guess when you can't go door to door...

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
People who post on nextdoor are unhinged. So are goons though.

I really want someone to post a hot take from a goon on to nextdoor and then they can reply and then we can make fun of the reply. That's frowned upon nowadays, right?

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

This same person is posting incoherent things about looking for work as a private duty nurse and my brain just explodes every time I see it.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
Half of those words are wrong

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Mormon Nailer posted:

This same person is posting incoherent things about looking for work as a private duty nurse and my brain just explodes every time I see it.

I've been asking antivax people "if china made this virus and wants it to spread, why are you helping them?" and it's really hosed them up.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

I think the explanation is their cult leader could never make up his mind if the virus was a liberal hoax or a Chinese bioweapon so neither can they.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
Finding this thread I'm glad to see that it's not only my neighborhood that's full of the most dense motherfuckers I've ever seen. Someone posted a plea for everyone to go get the vaccine, and it resulted in a bunch of anti-vaxxers posting up links to thehighwire.com.

I tell them the highwire is a show that was kicked off of Facebook for promoting conspiracy theories and literally uses a domain proxy organization to keep the owner's name off the web, and the post got taken down in 30 minutes. Meanwhile the dude who opining about "teaching the controversy of vaccines" and the lady who is claiming that the vaccine is a population-control drug meant to give men erectile dysfunction has has their posts stay up for the last 5 days.

We're never going to end this loving pandemic because all the wrong people are in charge, lmao.

Luxrage
Jan 2, 2017

I have no idea what I'm doing!

My town has been getting more posts like these recently which has been a nice change from the usual "saw someone suspicious walking on the road" posts:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

funeral home DJ posted:

and the lady who is claiming that the vaccine is a population-control drug meant to give men erectile dysfunction has has their posts stay up for the last 5 days.

lol

Counter it with it adds inches to your dick and watch the number soar

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Luxrage posted:

My town has been getting more posts like these recently which has been a nice change from the usual "saw someone suspicious walking on the road" posts:

Probably for the same reason I'm seeing so many "bear in my yard" posts, developers are just clear-cutting land to build houses, and welp, there goes their habitat.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I know I'm that suspicious person in those posts cuz drugs but I refuse to look and see.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Chief McHeath posted:

Probably for the same reason I'm seeing so many "bear in my yard" posts, developers are just clear-cutting land to build houses, and welp, there goes their habitat.
Maybe they're just rodents that breed like... whats the saying here? Breed like... is it weasels? Breed like weasels? Doesn't sound right. Anyway who's up for gumbo?

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

So which one of y'all lives near my boyfriend?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Milo and POTUS posted:

lol

Counter it with it adds inches to your dick and watch the number soar
Here's an actual thing along the same lines: COVID can cause impotence.
https://boingboing.net/2021/08/12/new-studies-show-evidence-of-long-covid-penis-problems.html

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
E: wrong

Teriyaki Hairpiece fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Aug 21, 2021

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
I love nature too, but there are huge amounts of land set aside for wildlife.. look at what Eglin has designated.. and as wonderful as nature is (I adore wild cottontails in particular), our concerns should be about what is going on in our country currently!!!! Covid is higher than ever and we are pressured to get vaccinated and wear masks, HOWEVER, the current IDIOTS in charge are allowing unvaccinated trespassers to pour into our country daily (and now also people from Afghanistan, who have never been willing to fight for their freedom) exposing us to who knows what!! We have no leadership or government anymore.. so where people build houses, as important as it is, is the very Least of our worries right now.

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...
My neighbourhood Facebook group just posted an article about sex trafficking and warning women to "look out!". Because sex traffickers are constantly preying on well-off hipsters from North London.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Accuse them of signing their posts

drkhrs2020
Jul 22, 2007
apparently in the rural-suburban midwest there are roaming gangs of car thieves coming in from the inner city, trawling the suburbs looking for honest tax payer cars to steal

when i replied that it was absolutely some meth up relative or family friend who knows where the keys were im told that no, its 100% real and in fact there are tons of doorbells videos of these city people walking up to break into houses while carrying their pistols in full view of the camera, rattle the door to see if it opens and then leave. usually at 1-2am in the morning when people are generally at home and likely to hear a break in noise

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
Drunk person walks up to wrong house, realizes their mistake and leaves but they were actually a criminal is a popular genre of nextdoor post.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

Drunk person walks up to wrong house, realizes their mistake and leaves but they were actually a criminal is a popular genre of nextdoor post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUyFg9xoPKk

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

It's also hilarious how this is a capital offense in this country lol

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

drkhrs2020 posted:

apparently in the rural-suburban midwest there are roaming gangs of car thieves coming in from the inner city, trawling the suburbs looking for honest tax payer cars to steal

when i replied that it was absolutely some meth up relative or family friend who knows where the keys were im told that no, its 100% real and in fact there are tons of doorbells videos of these city people walking up to break into houses while carrying their pistols in full view of the camera, rattle the door to see if it opens and then leave. usually at 1-2am in the morning when people are generally at home and likely to hear a break in noise
This is pre-Nextdoor, but when they extended the local light rail to my mom's neighborhood a lot of locals were against it because they argued it'd enable the "bad element" from downtown to travel out to the suburbs and rob their houses. They were just going to carry the TVs and computers down the sidewalk back to the train I guess.

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

Knormal posted:

This is pre-Nextdoor, but when they extended the local light rail to my mom's neighborhood a lot of locals were against it because they argued it'd enable the "bad element" from downtown to travel out to the suburbs and rob their houses. They were just going to carry the TVs and computers down the sidewalk back to the train I guess.

That is the general mentality of most "nice towns" that get eaten up by urban sprawl. It actually has nothing to do with the bad element and more to do with the fact that a lot of older home owners suddenly can't afford to live in the neighborhood due to property tax increases while living on a fixed income.

the train represents the death knell. they watch their imagined boogey men coming to pillage their neighborhoods through strained venetian blinds. every ribbon cutting, every ground break, the sound of a bicycle, the smile of a child...

gotta get on nextdoor

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

no pubes yet sorry posted:

That is the general mentality of most "nice towns" that get eaten up by urban sprawl. It actually has nothing to do with the bad element and more to do with the fact that a lot of older home owners suddenly can't afford to live in the neighborhood due to property tax increases while living on a fixed income.

the train represents the death knell. they watch their imagined boogey men coming to pillage their neighborhoods through strained venetian blinds. every ribbon cutting, every ground break, the sound of a bicycle, the smile of a child...

gotta get on nextdoor

No it's just because they're racist.

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

Feral cat lady is back, this time crusading about a coyote that isn't there. I just came back from a walk up there (by the gas station) and... No coyote.

Also she's banned from Nextdoor on her own account so she opened one in her elderly mother's name.

Very cool.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Yes, my first thought upon hearing there might be an injured or dying animal in the road was "Let's see who told me this - Oh HO! Well now I hope it loving BURNS LMAO"

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

Big Beef City posted:

Yes, my first thought upon hearing there might be an injured or dying animal in the road was "Let's see who told me this - Oh HO! Well now I hope it loving BURNS LMAO"

I live right by the intersection and checked. There's no coyote. This isn't the first time she's done this, and last night she got banned on two of her other accounts (where she impersonates her elderly mother and disabled neighbor) for...arguing between the two accounts. I called Behavioral Health Response to see if they can send a division worker to check on her because she's clearly not well.

Also this got posted.

Anyway I'm looking to buy a house in South City and get rid of mine anyway, this place is bizarre.

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.

Wudz posted:

sometimes a good joke slips through, so I can't bring myself to hate it

https://twitter.com/hamstertalk/status/1060389337521643520

This was a fake post I made and it warns my heart to see it pop up now and again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Mormon Nailer posted:

I live right by the intersection and checked. There's no coyote. This isn't the first time she's done this, and last night she got banned on two of her other accounts (where she impersonates her elderly mother and disabled neighbor) for...arguing between the two accounts. I called Behavioral Health Response to see if they can send a division worker to check on her because she's clearly not well.

Also this got posted.

Anyway I'm looking to buy a house in South City and get rid of mine anyway, this place is bizarre.

I'm starting to wonder if you are one of her multiple accounts and are calling to have yourself checked on, there Mrs Well I Just Happened To Know Where the Ghost Coyote was hmm this all sounds very suspicious to me!!