Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Just speed things up and have the treatments at the crematory/massgrave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

pillsburysoldier posted:

Chuds are complaining about masks and hawaii. What's this about and is it insincere/stupid

you answered your question in the first sentence

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Joementum posted:

someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my city is dying

lmao at the housing budget

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Anyway desantis has killed way more than bin laden ever did. When do we get to see blackhawks parked on the lawn of the governor’s mansion?

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

Chamale posted:

From fifteen pages ago, but I think you misread the study. Healthcare workers with covid-positive patients were 47 times more likely to get infected at work than healthcare workers with covid-negative patients. The respirators caused a 50-100% reduction in infections in red wards (covid+), but the sample size is too small to know more precisely exactly how good they are. It does line up with the CDC slides saying N95s are 90%+ effective, and surgicals are around 80%.

ah sorry, i guess did misread it. thanks for the explanation

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kreeblah posted:

So, I'm not a medical person, but it seems to me that we have more and better data for the COVID vaccines than we have for nearly any other drug in decades. Especially Pfizer. It's been used and studied by people not only across the country but across the globe, in millions of people, etc. About the only thing I can think of that we wouldn't have the data on for it would be long-term poo poo, but as far as I know, the FDA doesn't give much of a gently caress about that for granting approval.

What would a longer trial period get us?

Goon yesterday with an uncle at Nintendo (I'll try and find the post) said mRNA vaccines damage the immune system of young kids

Extending the trial is an admittance of failure while they try and game the numbers

If that's true and millions of kids get the shot off-label - who's responsible when they all effectively have AIDS and aren't able to fight off infection for the rest of their lives?

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

mod sassinator posted:

i'm at the combination library and regeneron clinic

i like current thrread title but save this one too for later

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Pizza posted:

i like current thrread title but save this one too for later

excuse me it's now exclusively regeneron clinic as of today

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

euphronius posted:

lmao at the housing budget

they increased it by 18.9% what more do you want

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Loucks posted:

I hate the current system as much as anyone, but no. It does lock out the people who can’t afford healthcare for their kids at all, but plenty of people who aren’t rich can take their kids to the pediatrician. Hell, if this happens I’m calling my kid’s pediatrician and telling her that he needs the juice. If she won’t write for it then he’s getting a new doctor!

your kid has a pediatrician and doesn't just go to a clinic. hell, less than half of children in the US have any coordinated, comprehensive, regular medical care

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

BONGHITZ posted:

the thumbs up lol

lie on the floor

lie !!!

JESUS CHRIST

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

pillsburysoldier posted:

Chuds are complaining about masks and hawaii. What's this about and is it insincere/stupid

I don’t know and of course it’s stupid

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

I'm the guy just trying to return my loving book surrounded by dieing people

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

McNugget Buddy posted:

Goon yesterday with an uncle at Nintendo (I'll try and find the post) said mRNA vaccines damage the immune system of young kids

Extending the trial is an admittance of failure while they try and game the numbers

If that's true and millions of kids get the shot off-label - who's responsible when they all effectively have AIDS and aren't able to fight off infection for the rest of their lives?

lotta speculation here also wtf nintendo

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

mod sassinator posted:

i'm at the combination library and regeneron clinic

do they serve take out, friggin starvin ovah here

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
lol regeneron library actually probably has negative people trying to preventative sit unmasked in a cloud of virus

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

McNugget Buddy posted:

yeah im sure the goon uncle at nintendo is a good source for the vaxx giving kids covid-AIDS

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

McNugget Buddy posted:

hell yeah it's quarian time

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Biowarfare posted:

excuse me it's now exclusively regeneron clinic as of today

i bet you get some good literature on regeneron there at least

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Gio posted:

yeah im sure the goon uncle at nintendo is a good source for the vaxx giving kids covid-AIDS

you can find the genome of hiv on a wall if you double tap a on legend of zelda: sword and shield and clip through the thrid wall you see

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

yeah everything is hosed

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Well, my university is going to try out in person classes. Suddenly I am getting emails asking if I would like to pick up some extra teaching slots. Hmmmm

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I just watched Contagion and it's really, really funny

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Gio posted:

the final mutation of covid will turn people into metroids

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Is that the one cate Winslet dies in

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Biowarfare posted:

lol regeneron library actually probably has negative people trying to preventative sit unmasked in a cloud of virus

what in the flying gently caress is happening in florida

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I just watched Contagion and it's really, really funny

insanely optimistic

Loucks
May 21, 2007

fosborb posted:

your kid has a pediatrician and doesn't just go to a clinic. hell, less than half of children in the US have any coordinated, comprehensive, regular medical care

Oh I know I’m privileged. I took out a bunch of loans to do school and also qualified for a low income scholarship program. I’ve spent my entire adult life handling my finances like I’m about to be unemployed and homeless due to childhood bullshit. But now I’m not living paycheck to paycheck and will absolutely do what I can to keep my kid from panicking regularly at the expectation that it will all suddenly fall apart.

My point is not that the juice will be available to all <12s, just that it won’t be limited to “the rich” unless your definition is so expansive as to be useless. I completely agree that they should approve <12 basically immediately, but also it has been demonstrated that our institutions are not designed to give a gently caress about us at all, so I’ll get my kid shot up as soon as possible even if I have to leverage the fact that I have managed to save some money and can afford healthcare for him.

& in case it’s not crystal loving clear :d2a:

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Der Meister posted:

hey if you weren't exposed you are now!!!
sounds like right after you get tested you can get back into line for your regeneron BEFORE things get bad

Loucks
May 21, 2007

Der Meister posted:

murdergrift

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

mod sassinator posted:

the final mutation of covid will turn people into metroids

those vaxxed will be failed mocktroids

(deep cut)

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

euphronius posted:

Is that the one cate Winslet dies in

nah, it's noted villain gweneth paltrow

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Der Meister posted:

lotta speculation here also wtf nintendo

Don't shoot the messenger:

Notahippie posted:

I've heard from an epidemiologist but can't independently confirm that there are at least some hypotheses that mRNA vaccines in developing immune systems may suppress immune response for non-targeted diseases but the whole technology is so new that nobody knows for sure. So at minimum there's some debate on the theory side of things.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Consummate Professional posted:

ahh Galadriel

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Biowarfare posted:

Uh, so who exactly is running this 'clinic'? Is it the librarians? Because these people don't seem like they know what they're doing.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
is there any documentation on when the booster "kicks in"? 2 weeks like shot number 2?

Loucks
May 21, 2007

Lacrosse posted:

Uh, so who exactly is running this 'clinic'? Is it the librarians? Because these people don't seem like they know what they're doing.

Sound evidence it’s not librarians.

Librarians are god drat heroes.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Consummate Professional posted:

Also Kate Winslet dies like halfway through the movie even though she's pretty much the protagonist.

Contagion is hilariously optimistic about the government response. I guess that was Obama's America though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
ya I’m gonna need more to go on them umm maybe who knows