Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

Lovelyn posted:

why no tank top optionssss

I just had a look and I don't think they do double side printing on non-Tshirt options. I went in and manually enabled Tanks for that one but it is only showing the front design so I think if you buy it then it won't have the text on the back

Closest I could figure is getting v-neck and then cutting the sleeves off lol

https://rubby.threadless.com/designs/no-one-will-save-you/womens/v-neck/regular

Sorry! I guess their printer machines are racist against tanks¯\_(ツ)_/¯

e: ohgod what a lovely page snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

didn't China effortlessly crush delta already. how many variants will the rest of the world cook up to try and topple the beast

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

In Training posted:

doesn't a R0 above 1 mean eventually that R0 will grow as cases become more and more common in the population

yeah it's still bad, but it means you have a little time to implement more measures to bring it further down.

Sunny Side Up
Jun 22, 2004

Mayoist Third Condimentist
The only family that was quarantining as hard as us for their same age toddler has started to take unacceptable risks so now my wife will really be alone all day. Really tough emotionally, socially, for the kid’s socialization. No idea what to do. I suggested something like posting a jitsi link in this thread or via PMs but our kid doesn’t pay much attention to computer screens, not the same.

Thinking we’ll just focus on making the basement a great playground for him and rotate the equipment out frequently so it stays fresh. Wife doesn’t have many pastimes and no like online socialization. Had to stop working while pregnant then a week after the kid was born went into lockdown so no job hunt.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Jon Irenicus posted:

COVID positive in the middle of a hospital, refusing to put on mask, and no mechanism to force compliance???
lmao if they're an unvaxxed adult kick them the gently caress out

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

SKULL.GIF posted:

Hmm

This is the slowest week we've had all summer

Is it end of summer doldrums or are people starting to stay home??

Bar across town was probably offering 2 for 1 margs lol

Don't worry football season is here, you will be packed again.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

:blessed: doggo intermission:

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

mastershakeman posted:

Everyone's on vacation right before school starts , it's why my friends from Missouri came to visit

I made the mistake of trying to enjoy the Oregon Coast several years ago during the last week of August and boy was that a mistake; people everywhere holy poo poo. Next time I'm waiting until mid-September before I go anywhere

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

mod sassinator posted:

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1428867615422812166

choo choo full steam ahead to 200k cases per day next week
lmao

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Lacrosse posted:

I made the mistake of trying to enjoy the Oregon Coast several years ago during the last week of August and boy was that a mistake; people everywhere holy poo poo. Next time I'm waiting until mid-September before I go anywhere

A lot of summer camps and daycares and whatnot shut down for a week or two so that's when parents schedule their vacations

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
maybe we’ll hit daily 9/11s by 9/11 after all

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

In Training posted:

didn't China effortlessly crush delta already. how many variants will the rest of the world cook up to try and topple the beast

They tested all 11 million people in Wuhan again in like 3 days. Identified all the clusters, locked them down and dealt with the little flare ups that occurred. LMAO it took them less than a month and barely anyone has a disruption to normal life, other than a country wide mask mandate.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Lockdown success vs Delta depends highly on the socioeconomic status of where ever the virus has seeded even if you act fast. That's why Melbourne is hosed this time compared to last and why Brisbane and Adelaide were successful. It's also why none of this had to happen because it started in loving Bondi of all places and they did nothing until it got into Western Sydney.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://twitter.com/CharlesPPierce/status/1428906644063277061

its always hilarious when journalists :crackping:

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Decided to go get my third shot today. I went to one of the county vaccination sites because I figured they’d give me less poo poo if I refused to show ID. Then they announced they only had J&J today, so I left. Guess I’ll try a different county site next week?

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

mod sassinator posted:

sorry seattle folks if you thought the mask mandate was going to help, well we're about to have ourselves a seahawk style superspreader this weekend

https://www.king5.com/article/sport...14-bbe5bcafe63e

gently caress yeah spread it
lmao what difference does this event make
downtown right now every restaurant is packed full
every loving bar
capitol hill is jam packed with people
lmao that mask mandate is going to be worthless
harborview at 80% icu beds full, evergreen med center at 95.3% full, as of august 6th lmao

edit also lmao some family friends are still taking their kids to indoor rec, gym, sports, etc. lmaoooo

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

spaceblancmange posted:

Lockdown success vs Delta depends highly on the socioeconomic status of where ever the virus has seeded even if you act fast. That's why Melbourne is hosed this time compared to last and why Brisbane and Adelaide were successful. It's also why none of this had to happen because it started in loving Bondi of all places and they did nothing until it got into Western Sydney.

lol they're not even one of the high risk LGAs so they were under the incredibly lax overall NSW lockdowns. masks not required outdoors, unlimited time to frolic outside

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Bob Socko posted:

Decided to go get my third shot today. I went to one of the county vaccination sites because I figured they’d give me less poo poo if I refused to show ID. Then they announced they only had J&J today, so I left. Guess I’ll try a different county site next week?

if you're in the south literally nobody cares if you go and get 100 of the goddamn jabs in one day.

helsabot
Apr 25, 2005
This is the worst vacation ever.
i never had a reaction to any of my shots (2 pfizer 1 moderna), am i dead or invincible

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

you're triple salined is what you are

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

AppleNippleBOB posted:

I am not up to current page, but these are *only* p95 filters.

If you're gonna respirator crew, go 100 or go home.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Maaaaan, CO has a state vaccine registry so you can look up your vaccinations, so if I want to try and get some Max Titers, I’m gonna have to go the no-ID route. I’ll wear one of my 20 year old concert tees, my painting pants, smoke a bowl before I go in and tell them I forgot my ID and my parole officer told me I had to get the slut juice. Now I just need a name. I’m thinking Morris “Mo” Schotts.

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Nodelphi posted:

Had an incident with an anti-masker spitting on us on Monday so that’s probably my exposure unfortunately.

Going to get the antibody infusion because unfortunately my vitals are off and inflammatory markers are up. Amazing to me how fast this progresses, was feeling fine this morning now, not so much.

i'm really sorry - you don't deserve any of this. hang in there, friend. you do so much good work and we're all pulling for you :unsmith:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

mod sassinator posted:

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1428867615422812166

choo choo full steam ahead to 200k cases per day next week

Why are these updates always larger than the number of new cases reported by Worldometers?

:sun:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Horseshoe theory posted:

:blessed: doggo intermission:

My dog is offended by the existence of that lambchop toy and goes out of her way to destroy its every incarnation.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Well poo poo, a friend of mine and his wife that had a kid four days ago both just tested positive for Delta. She's a nurse at the best hospital in the state and he has cancer so they tested early and they got antibodies right away but still feel like poo poo and it's wierd seeing snaps of a mother nursing in an N95.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

mod sassinator posted:

They tested all 11 million people in Wuhan again in like 3 days. Identified all the clusters, locked them down and dealt with the little flare ups that occurred. LMAO it took them less than a month and barely anyone has a disruption to normal life, other than a country wide mask mandate.

i loved reading comments about how they handled outbreaks

quote:

I live in China, my city’s population is 20million, has 4 cases discovered on July 28th(all linked to that Russian flight leaking case), 1 of the cases is in my community, the community is shut down( shut down means no stepping foot outside home, the management company is in charge of delivering food for us and also collecting garbages twice per day, they also deliver free birthday cakes if someone happens to have birthday during the lockdown ), and we need to take 4 rounds of test(doctors come to your home to do it for you, so you don’t need to go out), 3 tests done so far, still 1 to go.

quote:

My wife informed me that 3 cases of Covid-19 had been found in Beijing recently, and that they've quarantined any potential contacts.

Out of curiosity, I asked "How many were quarantined?"

Her answer: 10,000.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

turd in my singlet posted:

are we gonna get another wave out of sturgis like last year or is it gonna be drowned out by the big wave from the south
lol the waves from last year are gone
2020 waves be like,
https://i.imgur.com/E10LlTg.mp4
2021 waves be like,
https://i.imgur.com/1EvMAXT.mp4

we're getting hit from all sides, all the festivals, all the resturants, all the socializing happening, the schools opening, everything
everything at once
we are loving hosed

https://i.imgur.com/Lejhhyo.mp4

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Thoguh posted:

Well poo poo, a friend of mine and his wife that had a kid four days ago both just tested positive for Delta. She's a nurse at the best hospital in the state and he has cancer so they tested early and they got antibodies right away but still feel like poo poo and it's wierd seeing snaps of a mother nursing in an N95.

gently caress that sucks

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Can you even imagine an effective response against covid? :allears:

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Lacrosse posted:

we are going camping on Orcas in late September and it's going to own bones

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Nodelphi posted:

Oh yeah, we have only 4 negative pressure rooms in the ED and those are never open.

Had an incident with an anti-masker spitting on us on Monday so that’s probably my exposure unfortunately.

Going to get the antibody infusion because unfortunately my vitals are off and inflammatory markers are up. Amazing to me how fast this progresses, was feeling fine this morning now, not so much.
god damnit, hope it doesn't hit you too bad and you have a swift recovery

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
get owned idiot

quote:

A key anti-lockdown protest organiser has been sentenced to a maximum of eight months in prison for helping plan an “unauthorised” demonstration in Sydney, as well as multiple breaches of public health orders.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Thoguh posted:

loving hell

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

there's an anti lockdown protest planned for today in the Sydney CBD, so of course the police are out in force and there is a ring of steel around the city centre to try and stop people attending

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

crepeface posted:

i loved reading comments about how they handled outbreaks
loving amazing
just in awe of actual functional government action
lmao

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

delta

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Sunny Side Up posted:

The only family that was quarantining as hard as us for their same age toddler has started to take unacceptable risks so now my wife will really be alone all day. Really tough emotionally, socially, for the kid’s socialization. No idea what to do. I suggested something like posting a jitsi link in this thread or via PMs but our kid doesn’t pay much attention to computer screens, not the same.

Thinking we’ll just focus on making the basement a great playground for him and rotate the equipment out frequently so it stays fresh. Wife doesn’t have many pastimes and no like online socialization. Had to stop working while pregnant then a week after the kid was born went into lockdown so no job hunt.
can relate, one of our family friends that we were comfortable doing playdates in the backyard or out in isolated parks, suddenly started taking way too many unacceptable risks so that we can't hang out with them anymore
like why do you insist on eating at restaurants guys, why the gently caress are you going on 'date nights' during a global pandemic when you have 2 unvaxxed children holy loving poo poo you morons
we ended up buying a bunch of diplo legos for the toddler and regular legos for our older one
that and yeah rotating toys, building forts, gardening, playing with water/sensory table poo poo
the legos have been clutch though

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

If this punishment happened in US they would lots of liberals arguing was this was going overboard, you'll only make him more popular!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Tzen posted:

loving amazing
just in awe of actual functional government action
lmao

For real I would gladly be locked into the house for a few weeks with people bringing me food several times per day to squash an outbreak. That's effectively what we're doing here now except I still have to go buy groceries which just increases everyone's risk.