Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

just lmao forever at people who are still somehow naive enough to think that we will ever do "another" lockdown, or that we even did an actual lockdown at any point in the past

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
After reaching full vax (June 5), I got arrogant, as a lot of people did. In that time I planned 2 things: one was to have my family visit in September, and the other was to go to an outdoor college football game in October.
I assume both of these things won't happen now and I feel like an rear end for listening to the government instead of common sense

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Nodelphi posted:

Posting through it. Lost sense of smell and tachycardia sucks. Can’t sleep.

So, story time: Had a lady come into the ER with typical covid symptoms last week, very short of breath. Unvaccinated, tried Bipap but it didn’t work at all. Had to intubations her and she was super hard to bag and was cyanotic.

Her lungs looked awful, worse than your typical covid pneumonia, I mean like concrete, only time I see lungs that bad are severe asbestosis, so I asked family some more questions. Turns out they were nebulizing colloidal silver into her for two weeks.

They insisted we continue doing this and of course I refused, saying it was killing her. They did not believe me and reported me to administration. Luckily they had my back but apparently there’s some dude in the community selling “nebulizable” colloidal silver in the community.

:staredog:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

skewetoo posted:

Ok that's it I can't pretend I'm not curious how it tastes

Just give me that horse paste

You're in luck

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
"Oh hey you painted yourself blue for the big game?"

"No I was force-fed a bunch of loving silver"

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Google Butt posted:

Alright so a cool million it is then

Booster's million

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

that estimate is super low. it's going to be way worse than that

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Sure this looks like the medication I need in the middle of the plague. Close enough. Nnnnnnnnneeeigh

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Idiot Kicker posted:

"Oh hey you painted yourself blue for the big game?"

"No I was force-fed a bunch of loving silver"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axHe_BVY_9c

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

My little pony meds

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
all these models assume the government will stop all commerce and forcibly confine everyone to their homes which is clearly not going to happen. it will just keep getting worse until it runs out of people to infect, which will result in an additional 3.7m deaths, which is more than 100k.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

new zealand is lousy with the dang coronavirus!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
HOSRE PATSE

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Stereotype posted:

all these models assume the government will stop all commerce and forcibly confine everyone to their homes which is clearly not going to happen. it will just keep getting worse until it runs out of people to infect, which will result in an additional 3.7m deaths, which is more than 100k.

yeah up here in Ontario we had a guy who was doing pretty good modelling of the disease and data tracking but who then would recommend poo poo like "why don't we close all the schools"

we did but this is loving Doug Ford. we're not closing schools because math and science says you should, we'll close them when the hospital CEOs tell him they've started setting up field hospitals

and that's only because his mother in law got it hard March 2020. We'd have thousands more deaths if it wasn't for that

Lathespin.gif
May 19, 2005
Pillbug
since work is having me fly and the airports/planes won't likely accept a real respirator anymore, I'm looking at upgrading my kn95 game. best bet so far seems to be the 3m aura line?

looks like single size, sold under three main numbers/lines not counting vented versions, all are n95, sometimes available at hardware/home depot/etc, about 2 bucks a pop unless you buy a case of 440 or something

9205+, blue rubber band straps, usa made(?)

9210+, "braided" straps (elastic not rubber?) made in singapore(?)

1870+, red rubber band straps, full-on medical version, "Country of Origin Made in the USA, UK, Singapore, and Canada", FDA approved as surgical, added coating for fluid/blood resistance and spatter, might be better in the rain?

first impressions- they have a soft foam liner for the nose/top seal that smells kinda like pickles at first but works well, a pretty stout bridge wire to bent to fit, full headbands instead of earloops, a slightly more elaborate don/doff setup, and seem like they would fit practically anyone with how they seal and are better for talking in than a kn95.

so far they seem real nice

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Lugubrious posted:

just lmao forever at people who are still somehow naive enough to think that we will ever do "another" lockdown, or that we even did an actual lockdown at any point in the past

Tons of people thought that we did.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
I think I measured the dose wrong

Lathespin.gif
May 19, 2005
Pillbug
also they aren't ideal for pandemic use because vented, but top-tier disposable for smoke/fire/emergency is totally the 3m 8293. it's a bit bulky but super comfy wide straps, great fit and seals and sleeps well, weighs nothing, and is full-on p100 rated. owns.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Atrocious Joe posted:

I'm already today dealing with very real consequences of this fascist advance. I live very near NYC and I cannot go and enjoy my friends' company there because I'm not vaccinated and the mandate is live! (No I'm not going to justify why I'm not vaccinated to anyone in this thread - it's a simple personal medical decision, it is my own decision and that's all there is to it, I'm not required to justify or even disclose my medical decisions.) This is a real fascist enclosure. I mean I very, very likely have antibodies but I'm not sure if there's even exceptions for those with natural immunity. I know, certainly, there are no exceptions for people who cannot get vaxxed - that's right The Vulnerable cannot enjoy public life or retail employment in NYC as of 5 days ago and they have said explicitly that no "carveout" exists for them. Also, it's funny a little, you need to have your regular state issued ID and your vaxx proof at the ready - weren't liberals vehemently opposed to ID requirements (for good reason) (because obtaining ID is not very simple for disadvantaged groups)? Bad for voting but fine for, uh, existing in society??

MadJackal, it's great to hear from you again!

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Nodelphi posted:

Posting through it. Lost sense of smell and tachycardia sucks. Can’t sleep.

so just for curiosity’s sake, what would you say is your average resting heart rate? now what has it been since you’ve been infected? Wonder if my fitbit would be the first thing to tell me whats up.

Anyone else keep track of that?

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

Gods yes of course, inhaling heavy metals was the answer all along!

We did it everyone COVID is over!

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i don't always breath heavy metals, but when I do it's powdered lead

i'm tacking on mass YOU PIECE OF poo poo

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Sedisp posted:

My little pony meds

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/6998789711598767361

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm glad they're all getting some exercise

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
If I stop scrolling, I start thinking.

Which is fine actually?

lol at the babbies going crazy in quarantine I've been doing this poo poo for a decade.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

:pwn:

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

jfc

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
As someone who has been doing partial isolation for medical reasons for a decade, you know everyone going crazy over vaccines and/or having to still adhere to the rules after they've been Good Children and had their vaccine?

They've been telling me to die, usually to my face when nobody else is watching, for the past decade, because they think health is a reward for being a good person and therefore me being visibly disabled means I'm a bad person.

Bring on another decade for all I care. We won't learn poo poo, though. Dipshits find someone to blame and refuse to follow basic safety rules. They've been doing this all along. This is how many people don't wash their hands. Humanity is loving disgusting, but at least now I can point at these assholes and I'm not getting gaslit about how I'm misinterpreting "the money we're spending on keeping you alive could be spent on something that improves the lives of normal people".

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

death cult

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Ted Cruz recommended this treatment because it worked on his mistress.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

she will nut divide us

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Only a week or two left until most of the Orlando area is on swamp water.

Thanks people who believe in personality responsibility and freedom!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

etalian posted:

Only a week or two left until most of the Orlando area is on swamp water.

Thanks people who believe in personality responsibility and freedom!

What does this mean?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

What does this mean?
did you see the thing where they're diverting liquid oxygen to hospitals instead of water treatment plants? because swamp nation about to be sucking swamp juice straight up

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

What does this mean?

Orlando's main Muni water treatment plant uses ozone as part of the water treatment process.

Due to Chuds getting sick en-masse in Florida the amount of liquid oxygen shipment has decreased this month similar to what we saw in the India crisis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Optical Inch
Oct 26, 2002

Soiled Meat

euphronius posted:

Warhammer 40k is overly optimistic

lol