Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
edit: this is old, my bad

McNugget Buddy fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Aug 22, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

empty whippet box posted:

safety first! wouldn't want anybody to come to harm just for a music concert.

1 in 15 thousand ish, 1 in 500 thousand if you're not being a dumbass

I guess the real problem is that it's almost certainly gonna hit the richest people who are on stage holding the antennas

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

BRB, going to go get full immunity.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Blue MAGA out in force

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

etalian posted:

When baby Jesus got so embarrassed he decided to cancel the NYC super-spreader event.

Don't worry the indoor live shows will continue.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Something about the way this photo was shot makes it look like a bunch of separate cutouts.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Just found out that my personal trainer and her husband are anti-vaxxers. "I'm very healthy person, I live an active lifestyle, I'll be ok!" Thank god we switched to training via Zoom however many months ago.

Edit:
Her daughter goes back to in-person schooling on Tuesday.

the whole "fit healthy people don't get hospitalized or die from covid" went out the window in march 2020 when that ironman triathlete almost died and was on supplemental oxygen for months

but they still see severe covid to be a moral failing along with diabetes, hypertension and obesity where you'd be fine if you only worked harder

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

empty whippet box posted:

safety first! wouldn't want anybody to come to harm just for a music concert.

1 in 15 thousand ish, 1 in 500 thousand if you're not being a dumbass

I don't really want to be hit by lightning but it would be pretty cool if I was and then my skeleton lit up like one of those old Bugs Bunny cartoons.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

lol thats really tempting fate

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/stephenbraverm1/status/1429229040095793152

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I got disinvited from a back to school party thrown by an anti-vaxxer for my kids because I asked what they were doing to keep the kids safe....lol

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

pillsburysoldier posted:

Phil valentine has died
lol nice, good news is always welcome

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lmao

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I wish my iowa county would turn red

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Me looking at the unvaccinated percentage: why are kids under 12 such chuds? Good thing they will be dying soon.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Rhesus Pieces posted:

the whole "fit healthy people don't get hospitalized or die from covid" went out the window in march 2020 when that ironman triathlete almost died and was on supplemental oxygen for months

but they still see severe covid to be a moral failing along with diabetes, hypertension and obesity where you'd be fine if you only worked harder

we have a diseased culture, both literally and figuratively

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Pillowpants posted:

I got disinvited from a back to school party thrown by an anti-vaxxer for my kids because I asked what they were doing to keep the kids safe....lol

wow....i bet u sure are embarrassed. think of all the fun you'll miss. all the spit and droplets. all the slime, humid misty air laden with other peoples juices. just imagine how much you could have spit in other peoples mouths.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Pryor on Fire posted:

I probably never had covid and had absolutely no reaction to both shots. How do you even transfer a patient 1,500 miles? Do they need jet ambulance beds?

Yeah there are medical flights, the flight team comes and picks you up from the hospital in an ambulance, takes you to the airport/airplane, flies to the receiving place, meets another ambulance, takes you to your new place. But a lot of companies weren't letting covid patients on their helicopters or aircraft because of the difficulty decontaminating them, and I don't know if that's changed because my state hasn't moved a lot of very long distance covid patients.

It probably costs like 200k or so all told idk.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Felix is right

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1429229623183822855

https://twitter.com/MBernardoNews/status/1429230309443207168

https://twitter.com/imjasondiamond/status/1429229227824533513

Otter_Sauce
Mar 2, 2019

~Yikes~
https://twitter.com/brandoninstl/status/1429201106530414593?s=20
What a vid. It's right under a tweet for Phil valentine.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
my brother, the one who hasn’t gotten Covid, and is a paid contact tracer, he’s going to a concert. Sounds like he’s given up on the whole thing, although he’s going to be masked, stand apart, and get his third vax soon.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Let them back in. Seriously put on the radio and let all of them back in. gently caress it

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr Hootington posted:

Let them back in. Seriously put on the radio and let all of them back in. gently caress it

Dying with lightning not of lightning

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

mod sassinator posted:

lol china had a study last week of its delta surge and saw from its mass testing 73% of people with delta were asymptomatic spreaders

lamo this is crazy

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Otter_Sauce posted:

https://twitter.com/brandoninstl/status/1429201106530414593?s=20
What a vid. It's right under a tweet for Phil valentine.

that dude owns

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

mistermojo posted:

lol thats really tempting fate

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

euphronius posted:

lamo this is crazy

hail satan

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Golden Bee posted:

my brother, the one who hasn’t gotten Covid, and is a paid contact tracer, he’s going to a concert. Sounds like he’s given up on the whole thing, although he’s going to be masked, stand apart, and get his third vax soon.

Maybe he's just doing embedded contact tracing

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Are boogers more gross than poop now?

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

mod sassinator posted:

lol china had a study last week of its delta surge and saw from its mass testing 73% of people with delta were asymptomatic spreaders

Nah bro it was 73% of spread happens before symptoms/detection on a test.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Epitope posted:

Are boogers more gross than poop now?

you can catch covid from poop too

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Stereotype posted:

What is poop, though, if not simply the booger of the butt

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1429231615398617095?s=20

This sucks

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Stereotype posted:

John McAfee's death wasn't a suicide after all

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
In Bong Joonho’s Snowpiercer, there was an almost literal engine of capitalism that required children be fed into it in order to make it run smoothly. I thought it was too on-the-nose at the time.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

"8 month boosters" is the hope you cling to as you lay dying in Month 7

We are so, so hosed

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

got the vaccine too soon

you got to time this poo poo

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

My pop still has his Jesse Jackson 1980 presidential campaign shirt. Hope he hasn't found out, he'd be sad about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Jesse woulda won