Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
Instead of AEWSexuals, "eliterates"

like, illiterates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

kidcoelacanth posted:

AEWSexuals isn't even a pun

It's also bizarre because it implies AEW fans only watch AEW, when it's pretty obvious that most fans follow at least 3-5 promotions and talk about them as an expanded network of working relationships. Meanwhile WWE fans still insist they're the only game in town for some reason.

Also, AEW fans are a "cult". Not the extremely insular ones who only praise the whims of the company leader and shut out all other outside influences. Nope, you're the cult!

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

If I'd been trained to hate the product half the time but accept that was the best I'd ever get, seeing a bunch of people constantly talking about how good the competition is would seem suspicious.

"Hmmmm, they're happy and seem to be having fun. That's not how wrestling works so clearly they're all a bunch of delusional cultists who can't see the awfulness in front of them."

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/LANightStalker/status/1429898001078755332?s=20

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I always re-read over almost every sentence I put online - especially if it's a sentence proclaiming how smart I am. I do this out of fear of looking like this person right here. Jesus H Christ.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

is that a Richard Ramirez stan account

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Wrap it up AEWailures.

https://twitter.com/WWEGareth/status/1429897394867539973

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/AaronWrotkowski/status/1429900417937330183?s=19

Don't break your back moving those goalposts

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

WWE Gareth is such a simple soul.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

I try not to care about ratings because they don't have nearly the importance they used to but I do enjoy seeing how product interest develops and grows.

I'm really excited to see what happens with Dynamites number.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Renaissance Spam posted:

I try not to care about ratings because they don't have nearly the importance they used to but I do enjoy seeing how product interest develops and grows.

The ratings are more important than they’ve ever been what are you talking about lol

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

sticklefifer posted:

It's also bizarre because it implies AEW fans only watch AEW, when it's pretty obvious that most fans follow at least 3-5 promotions and talk about them as an expanded network of working relationships. Meanwhile WWE fans still insist they're the only game in town for some reason.

Also, AEW fans are a "cult". Not the extremely insular ones who only praise the whims of the company leader and shut out all other outside influences. Nope, you're the cult!
This extrmeely isn't true. You're in a forum where diehard fans of wrestling post, not most people. Most people do not watch 3-5 promotions. I certainly think AEW is helpful in getting people to watch other stuff as well because of the way it works, but most of the people I watch with or know who watch a show watch one or two shows.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Renaissance Spam posted:

They are literally directly tied to the number one revenue stream and potentially worth billions of dollars.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

MJeff posted:

They are literally directly tied to the number one revenue stream and potentially worth billions of dollars.

Well gently caress me my media literacy sucks

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Renaissance Spam posted:

This is distinctly more true of AEW than it is of WWE, it should be said.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Renaissance Spam posted:

It's cool, you dont have to be super deep into the business side to enjoy wrestling, I just see the misconception that the ratings are just for clickbait headlines and social media slap fights and they are absolutely for that, but they are also extremely important. AEW got their deal with Turner torn up and replaced in January 2020 to go from production costs and an ad split (basically a prove it deal) to 45 million dollars a year. Then, the rest of 2020 happened. AEW's great ratings following their premiere is the only thing that let them survive the pandemic.

When you get through the fluff of did this show reach a million, did this show beat this show, it's a genuinely interesting subject. Exciting too because AEW is probably gonna get a buttload of money in 2024. :toot:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Nea posted:

This extrmeely isn't true. You're in a forum where diehard fans of wrestling post, not most people. Most people do not watch 3-5 promotions. I certainly think AEW is helpful in getting people to watch other stuff as well because of the way it works, but most of the people I watch with or know who watch a show watch one or two shows.

OK? I wasn't talking about here. In my experiences most wrestling fans I've known either IRL or on other sites in the past 20 years or so watch a whole bunch and always have, or at least casually follow indies and Japanese promotions.

On-topic:

(referring to Punk in AEW)

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Aug 23, 2021

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

new wresting Twitter gimmick of gen x or boomer guy that brags about moving all of his retirement fund into WWE stock and then @ing wwegareth, wwfjunkie jim cornette, ryback, triple h, etc when it tanks, begging for financial advice and complaining about being led astray by vince mcmahon nick khan and roman reigns

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
I don't think I've ever seen anyone with WWE in their Twitter name that wasn't completely deranged.

Not counting wrestlers, obviously.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

@crypto_wizard_wwe

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Lid posted:

https://twitter.com/CounselorTejada/status/1429816542695415816

this really is peak TNA Mecca levels of delusion

I love this in particular because yes, if all that goofy poo poo was (somehow) promised in the contract he signed, he does have a right to be mad about not getting them

that is how contracts work, generally

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Also why would he demand "4 title wins a year" when that means he's losing at least 4 times

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah, Punk's more likely to have demanded a certain number of main event matches or PPV mains, if he asked for anything like that.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

drat it. God drat it! I thought for sure this would be the thing that would make WWEGareth stop his crap.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Alaois posted:

is that a Richard Ramirez stan account

only the most normal of individuals stan both serial killers and WWE

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

yea ok posted:

drat it. God drat it! I thought for sure this would be the thing that would make WWEGareth stop his crap.

We'll get em next time lil buddy

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I don't care enough to read through these people's accounts, but do they actually also compliment the things they enjoy in the promotion they do watch, or do they 100% just snipe all day at the thing they don't like and don't watch?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

sticklefifer posted:

I don't care enough to read through these people's accounts, but do they actually also compliment the things they enjoy in the promotion they do watch, or do they 100% just snipe all day at the thing they don't like and don't watch?

That would require a capacity for joy.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

sticklefifer posted:

From what I can tell, they can, but their brain immediately triggers that they must take a shot at the other promotion lest they not potentially get *engagement* from posting their brain droppings because social media is a dopamine abuse mechanism

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
First as tragedy then as comedy

https://twitter.com/The5StarMark/status/1429957764521005056?t=Gip0JyBcSl6ahvrCbhXB5w&s=19

https://twitter.com/PhillySiL327/status/1429970721908928512?t=hlN8oKG8M4RXL0QYECDzUw&s=19

Yes they are trying to use the carrot for CM Punk now on Adam Cole at this time in this same week.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

WWE and McAfee are perfect for each other tbh

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Definitely want to work Wrestlemania, the worst show of the year

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

There's a bunch of hubbub about NXT results being spoiled for tonight's taping(s)? Taped shows have always had spoilers floating around. Don't really get the concern trolling here.

https://twitter.com/WWEGareth/status/1430001367263977472?s=20

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

yea ok posted:

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Destroy My Sweater posted:

There's a bunch of hubbub about NXT results being spoiled for tonight's taping(s)? Taped shows have always had spoilers floating around. Don't really get the concern trolling here.

https://twitter.com/WWEGareth/status/1430001367263977472?s=20

They kicked someone out of the tapings tonight who was posting results to Bodyslam.net.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

im garethpilled sorry

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Fuckin Welsh at it again

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I guess we should respect NXT's privacy

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I can't get enough Lareth ever since the Indian AEW stans dubbed him Lareth.

However this is a much funnier spoiler take.

https://twitter.com/NateTheChive/status/1430010967384002567

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

very fair warning from nate.