Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I should have expected liberals to try and meet COVID halfway by offering an endemic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

I really wish those cards weren't so loving simple and had even the tiniest of effort to be hard to forge.

They should have printed them on $20 blanks

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lovelyn posted:

Got report from night shift about this lovely convo that happened overnight:

Nurse: We need to transfuse blood, do we have your consent?
Wife: ONLY GIVE HIM UNVACCINATED BLOOD

Chud Transfusion

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

https://twitter.com/nbcnightlynews/status/1392981738993946624?s=21

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Cool, I have to go in in 3 weeks to check for spike protein levels or some poo poo I don't really understand it. Anyway my doctor wants me to come in to get that checked.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/commtothrive/status/1429597197360893954?s=21

has anybody else experienced this?

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

HIRE 👏 MORE 👏 WOMEN 👏 TO 👏 LIE 👏 TO 👏 ME 👏

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

:cripes:

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Omnicarus posted:

My neighbors have a sign in their lawn that says "This is a Covid Free Residence" on a rainbow background. Does anyone know if this works? Does Covid follow vampire rules and have to be invited in? Interested in serious replies only thanks :)

Based on the guidelines for restaurants, I'd assume it had t Rex rules where it can only see you if you're moving

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Lovelyn posted:

"Mike, there's a rumor going around that you got vaccinated blood when you were hospitalized. We're gonna need you to turn in your horse paste. If you agree to leave without a fuss, I'll see about getting you a refund for the Delta cruise."

salient
Jan 2, 2021
https://twitter.com/crulge/status/1429870451636019200

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020
god drat

https://twitter.com/MerylKornfield/status/1429904535187828736

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

When I was in CVS last week I saw a pharmacy counter with two signs, one said NOW ACCEPTING WALK INS and the other said APPOINTMENT REQUIRED NO WALK INS.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I think pharmacies in general are heavily understaffed - all appointments for the local CVS are staggered in one-hour intervals for booking and they're not doing non-COVID immunizations at the moment

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

they probably just directed them to the website so they could type in all their information on their phone while they wait and stormed off in a huff when the pharmacist that's doing a million other things (including testing, sometimes) wouldn't drop what they were doing to punch in the person's name, date of birth, address, and insurance info (if any) for them while they stand their impatiently grumbling.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Zokari posted:

some regions are experiencing their worst covid waves yet

is there any rationale for these people to think that it wont just keep being like that year after year

No, but even a lot of people in this thread are vulnerable to this kind of thinking. There's this idea that it's going to infect everyone in one glorious wave and then it's over, but it won't and that's basically indistinguishable from the natural herd immunity argument.

There haven't really been any diseases ever that just ravage every single vulnerable person and then stop. It doesn't matter how globally connected our society is, there's always going to be something that blunts an outbreak. Then we go back to things being quiet for a few weeks or a month or whatever, and then it all picks up again when an infected person exposes a ton of people or the right set of people. Every wave has stopped well short of infecting literally everyone, every study that shows mass antibody prevalence has huge issues, and we're basically locking ourselves into a future where we experience localized hospital failures on an annual basis.

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

They are absolutely taking walk-ins. It is easier on staff if you check in online. They could have been swamped and told the guy to pound sand because the queue for scrips was long.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Lovelyn posted:

gently caress these people.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

The Oldest Man posted:

"Endemic" is an observational description of a disease with an average Re=1 in a given population. It's one of two theoretical possible infinite time solutions to the viral reproduction and population resistance equations. The other being disease extinction (Re<0).

Saying "covid is going to be endemic" right now is equivalent to Trump saying one day it's going to disappear like a miracle. Literally, it's got the exact same level of rigor and data behind it. Pandemic wave after pandemic wave is not endemicity.

source your quotes

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

but I was told by D&D that there's nothign the biden admin can do and also they're doing everything they can

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

pretty cool that half the nation is just enthusiastically spreading the deadly pandemic around

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

Lovelyn posted:

literal lolling at this. like to an unhealthy degree

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Lovelyn posted:

:hmbol:

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
lol it's all getting worse still. every day is worse than the one before

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stereotype posted:

lol it's all getting worse still. every day is worse than the one before

If the pharmacies collapse and there's no testing sites or distribution points for vaccines, then what

lol

lmao

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Yeah, my parents went to Costco in May for their vaccines because they were advertising walk-in vaccinations. My mother walked right past a 'no appointment necessary' sign only to be told at the pharmacy they needed an appointment. Delayed my folks' vaccines by almost 2 weeks because of that, loving thanks Costco.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
where's that 2020 tweet about "it's not that bad, the living don't envy the dead yet"

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
excuse me I’d like the 5G blood, I had some bad reception

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

where's that 2020 tweet about "it's not that bad, the living don't envy the dead yet"

Getting there!

Teenage Riot
May 25, 2010

Wouldn't R(t)<0 mean that everyone who has Covid is on average partially curing someone else of Covid

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
What huge benefits our privatized healthcare system has

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
I can feel my titers inflating.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lol local Costco sold out of toilet paper. it's happening again

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

mdemone posted:

lol, lmao, and additionally rofl

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Tzen posted:

I've been seeing a bunch of articles about this lately, so it's probably a self-reinforcing thing (again).

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
For all the "just use your free Uber credit to go get a vaccine!" libs:

https://twitter.com/Megawatts55/status/1428376413317513218

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Tzen posted:

called it

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

bro just loving stick people who ask for it lmao, gently caress the cards, gently caress the system!!! you want it come get it

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 361 days!

McNugget Buddy posted:

For all the "just use your free Uber credit to go get a vaccine!" libs:

https://twitter.com/Megawatts55/status/1428376413317513218

Society is going to collapse because not enough people filled out the form

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fosborb