Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
Solution: dissolve the pension plan just before bankruptcy proceedings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
One week into the election and the Libs are in a virtual deadheat with the Cons and there's still a month to go.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

I still can't help but think of last time when the Cons were ahead for a most of the election season, Trudeau got caught doing multiple blackface, and they still managed to lose.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

I still can't help but think of last time when the Cons were ahead for a most of the election season, Trudeau got caught doing multiple blackface, and they still managed to lose.

Oh yeah they will still probably lose but it's more that this is just a massive waste of everyones time

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

DariusLikewise posted:

just a massive waste of everyones time

That's what I say to my subway sandwich artist when they ask if I want vegetables!!!!11

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis
Had a fun interaction with the Libertarian candidates for Edmonton Griesbach and Edmonton Centre when I was out for a walk on my break. They asked me if I supported the government forcing a 'not very effective vaccine' on people, and then wondered what evidence I was looking at when I told them that I thought the evidence supported the vaccine being tremendously effective. I'm sorry, I don't bring my references with me in case I get into an argument with weirdos.

Then I stepped in dogshit and it was the second worst thing that happened to me on my walk.

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

Albino Squirrel posted:

Had a fun interaction with the Libertarian candidates
Were they on the same level as these clowns?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZITP93pqtdQ

God I love that video.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Albino Squirrel posted:

Had a fun interaction with the Libertarian candidates for Edmonton Griesbach and Edmonton Centre when I was out for a walk on my break. They asked me if I supported the government forcing a 'not very effective vaccine' on people, and then wondered what evidence I was looking at when I told them that I thought the evidence supported the vaccine being tremendously effective. I'm sorry, I don't bring my references with me in case I get into an argument with weirdos.

Then I stepped in dogshit and it was the second worst thing that happened to me on my walk.

You're supposed to walk around the Libertarian weirdos, not over them.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat

ChickenDoodle posted:

^^^ Have you checked Peggy’s Cove? That seems to be popular with missing government officials.

With luck they went for a stroll on the black rocks.

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

BC re-introducing the mask mandate and providing guidance on schools, and loving up the press conference as always.

https://twitter.com/j_mcelroy/status/1430216137204064258?s=21

The mask mandate should never have been removed in the first place. Dr Bonnie Henry and Adrian Dix are idiots who have completely eroded any trust I had in them.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
What is everyone's obsession with killing kids?

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

Don’t know what you’re talking about, they’ve said over and over again that Covid doesn’t spread in schools. :suicide:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Lol, the libertarian candidate here:

quote:

I am running because I believe that more Christian men and women should be involved in the decision making processes of this country.

He also supports killing children with holistic treatment instead of doctors, and using Invermectin to cure covid

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
BC's microcosm of the Canadian "at least we're better than X" identity never stops being amusing/infuriating. They're no better than Alberta.

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

Guillotines?!? We don't need no stinking guillotines!

Arc Hammer posted:

BC's microcosm of the Canadian "at least we're better than X" identity never stops being amusing/infuriating. They're no better than Alberta.

Alberta recently attempted to remove the need to isolate if you currently have Covid.

BC is certainly not doing this perfect, but it is still legit better than next door.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

DariusLikewise posted:

Oh yeah they will still probably lose but it's more that this is just a massive waste of everyones time

https://twitter.com/JustinTrudeau/status/1430142442037256192

He's scared

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

infernal machines posted:

It's to save them for future suffering, why are you for letting kids live to grow up in the upcoming climate apocalypse?

You monster.

apatheticman fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Aug 24, 2021

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Crow Buddy posted:

Alberta recently attempted to remove the need to isolate if you currently have Covid.

BC is certainly not doing this perfect, but it is still legit better than next door.

Alberta backtracked on that because despite the fact that we need to start treating covid like any other respiratory illness it turned out there will still too many people hospitalized for it, who knew??

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Not killing kids means workers have to stay home to look after their kids instead of making their boss money.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
can't wait to live in a world where i'm guaranteed that the landlord renovicting me is a canadian citizen. thank you justin. thank you erin. thank you jagmeet.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Baronjutter posted:

Not killing kids means workers have to stay home to look after their kids instead of making their boss money.

No, I get that, but vaccinations and masks, at least. You can require vaccination for in-person learning from any cohort eligible for vaccination. It'll be fine.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

No, I get that, but vaccinations and masks, at least. You can require vaccination for in-person learning from any cohort eligible for vaccination. It'll be fine.

Bonnie just hates masks. After following this poo poo intently since it started its my only take away for BC's policies. She constantly gets extremely concerned that in places with mask mandates people with "valid reasons" for not wearing a mask might feel shamed or bullied and that's a price too high. She also thinks masks make people overconfident. She's an idiot.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

prom candy posted:

can't wait to live in a world where i'm guaranteed that the landlord renovicting me is a canadian citizen. thank you justin. thank you erin. thank you jagmeet.

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL

Powershift posted:

Lol, the libertarian candidate here:

He also supports killing children with holistic treatment instead of doctors, and using Invermectin to cure covid

Last election, the Christian Heritage Party candidate in my riding mass-mailed a detailed policy letter talking about how they were going to completely solve the medical wait time issue in Saskatchewan by banning gender reassignment surgery and abortions.

Because gender reassignment surgery is absolutely something that doctors in Saskatchewan do. And those OB/GYNs can easily transfer their skills to hip replacements and heart surgery.

bub spank fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Aug 24, 2021

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

That's what I say to my subway sandwich artist when they ask if I want vegetables!!!!11

Last time I was in a Subway a kid dressed in black sweats and a black hoodie said he "didn't care" about what kind of bun he got, then ordered a veggie and demanded that it only contain pickles and onions with extra mustard. That is some next level Subway ordering right there.

Also Manitoba mandated masks in schools and that all educational staff be fully vaccinated, so congratulations BC you are somehow worse than Manitoba at this stuff now.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Crow Buddy posted:

Better than Alberta is a very poor standard, and honestly we're making the moves we are because we're still "better than the US."

The idea that we only need to be better than those around us, rather than good by objective standards, is loving poisonous!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Crow Buddy posted:

It's the attitude that they can behave as badly as they want because the neighbour's an rear end in a top hat that pisses me off. BC is so obsessed with looking better than AB while at the same time obfuscating data and claiming to be super transparent. It's hypocritical and it's dangerous and they should be held to account. But then fucker Henry just giggles nervously and the world moves on again and again and again rather than holding them to task for their fuckups.

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

Yah, they could have mandated vaccines for all students 12+ and all teachers/staff. I wish I knew who my kid's teacher is going to be so I could flat out ask them if they're vaccinated.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So Saskatchewan officials are making an appearance this afternoon because somebody hosed up hard at a lab and a lot of tests ended up being invalidated.

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

Baronjutter posted:

Bonnie just hates masks. After following this poo poo intently since it started its my only take away for BC's policies. She constantly gets extremely concerned that in places with mask mandates people with "valid reasons" for not wearing a mask might feel shamed or bullied and that's a price too high. She also thinks masks make people overconfident. She's an idiot.

This. She is a buffoon who has given credence to all the anti maskers all along. My colleagues teaching grades 4 and under have found it manageable to have children wear it, and for the most part they do without issue.

There are some kids who legit can’t do to extreme behavioural or medical issues, but Henry just goes “it’s just too hard”. When these cases are 1ish students per class at my school.

It seems the anti vaxxer line of argument in BC is now “the immunocompromised are 2nd class citizens!” with the vaccine passport when they previously opposed all public health measures.

So very very happy to have these assholes eat poo poo and (not) die.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Jfc

https://twitter.com/CanadianPolling/status/1430273047043481604?s=20

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

This is exactly what the Liberals deserve

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

lol. lmao.

I doubt this will translate into seats, but I will laugh until I'm dead if Justin just nuked his own government out of hubris.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!
Well great job Theresa May-ing yourself there JT

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

lol :getin:

lmao conservative twitter is currently going ham with #TrudeauHimbecile

PittTheElder fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Aug 24, 2021

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

TheKingofSprings posted:

This is exactly what the Liberals deserve

They deserve to lose but not just so the Cons can take their place and wreck poo poo. There are good people in this country who don't deserve to suffer because the government sucks and their neighbors are racists.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-housing-plan-1.6151154

If the Liberals are re-elected on Sept. 20, Trudeau said, he would introduce a first home savings account which would allow Canadians up to age 40 to save $40,000 toward their first home and withdraw it tax-free when it comes time to buy. Money added to the account would go in tax-free and could be withdrawn without any taxes owing on possible investment gains.

He said a Liberal government would double the first-time home buyers tax credit from $5,000 to $10,000 — an incentive that would help with the many closing costs that come with buying property.

nothing about reducing house prices, just starving the government of revenue so its easier for you to get into massive levels of debt

i love liberalism

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
I hate all my options. I just want you to know that.

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

Arc Hammer posted:

They deserve to lose but not just so the Cons can take their place and wreck poo poo. There are good people in this country who don't deserve to suffer because the government sucks and their neighbors are racists.

Why do you simultaneously believe that they deserve to lose but it would be worse if they lose?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Fart Amplifier posted:

Why do you simultaneously believe that they deserve to lose but it would be worse if they lose?

Because I have a hard time accepting that our options are only "lovely status quo" and "even shittier status quo."

There should be a reckoning coming for the politicians who abuse their citizens for their own gain and we shouldn't have to accept mediocrity because the alternative is worse. The Conservatives being worse does not absolve the Liberals of being terrible and I'd be just as happy watching them both burn, along with the NDP the Bloc and the Greens. They all deserve to lose and none of them deserve to lead.