Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

kalensc posted:

What did this thread do last winter

lol. we mostly babbled in tongues, rent our clothing, and tore our hair out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Zisky posted:

Not handing it to Biden, but there was something a few days ago about Q types using the lack of executive orders being listed on an obscure government website as proof that he hasn't actually signed any and isn't president.

I 100% agree he could and should actually loving do something.

But he did do something, he banished the orange man from the white house

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

McNugget Buddy posted:

I wonder if Hochul implements an indoor mask mandate statewide or mandatory vaccinations for state workers

Or will she try to placate the chuds by being the anti-Cuomo and not having restrictions?

In Training posted:

new governor of NY said "it's time to proactively fight the delta variant" and the first step to preventing spread is to "get kids back into school"

:suicide:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/1430222355494735874?s=20

Biden's plan is to infect us all, and the main opposition is that he isn't infecting us all quickly enough

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

In Training posted:

doesnt seem too bad yet

yes ha ha yes
/

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
BUSTA NO

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Atrocious Joe posted:

That's the plan Jack

shame you can get it over and over again and it gets worse every time lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

don't worry she's also ended all virtual state licensing systems to get adults back in classrooms too.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

horse paste.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/JakeLahut/status/1430244885341298690

https://twitter.com/JakeLahut/status/1430245805710094344

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

kalensc posted:

What did this thread do last winter, any side channels for planning some cards, online board games, ps/pc/etc gaming, and the like?

Got Covid and drank a ton.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

E: lol

Zisky posted:

BUSTA NO

busta nooooooooooooo

Shifty Nipples fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Aug 24, 2021

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

[COVID-19] I trust the Paste more than the Vax

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

kalensc posted:

Speaking of goons helping goons, what's a good way for this thread's posters and lurkers to organize virtual hangouts for games or non-covid chats?

It's pretty apparent that a lot of us have family and friends that fall into the "sorta uninformed lib succumbing to Open Biden" category. They're vaxxed, they mask a lot of the time, but then they mention gathering with 7 others for drinks and saying "what, it seemed safe".

While it's not hard to stay home or do a safer activity, it does create a larger void of social interaction, and it becomes really easy to fall into a pit of doomscrolling.

What did this thread do last winter, any side channels for planning some cards, online board games, ps/pc/etc gaming, and the like?

there's a few different Discords, the CSPAM ones seem to be mostly chatting and spamming notifications, for gaming I've got one with IRL friends and another few for co-op stuff that's not CSPAM that I use for DFG groups. Find a game you like in the Games thread with a good amount of players and odds are there'll be a link in the OP as to where to find goons to play with

To address your broader point, online socializing is absolute trash compared to irl, if you're doing it with gaming nights as a backdrop you're in best case scenario basically because this much is unchanged

PM me if you're interested in the co-op one, I think I can generate invites to it but forget the authorization

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Zisky posted:

Not handing it to Biden, but there was something a few days ago about Q types using the lack of executive orders being listed on an obscure government website as proof that he hasn't actually signed any and isn't president.

I 100% agree he could and should actually loving do something.

well of course they're saying that, trump reinstatement day came and went and they need something to grasp to.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

This could have been US
https://twitter.com/manlius84/status/1430110239156838400?s=20

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

astonishing that these people can tie their shoes

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Bearjew posted:

astonishing that these people can tie their shoes

velcro exists

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Zisky posted:

This is literally a chud talking point, nice work.

we’ll they’re right. Biden is awful. worse than trump. they’re just wrong about why

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
lmao Minnesota throwing up a 3.8k day. Running average is 1.2k.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
If he gets infected later we can call him the Busta-Rime of the Anti-Masker

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

I don't buy the fact that we are going to need endless boosters for a virus that doesn't endlessly mutate (the current variants are fairly small mutations). Once we get a couple different vaccines tuned for a couple different variants we will have a generally robust and wide immunity that will eventually stick around. It will take us kicking our immune system in the head a couple times for it to wise up and start remembering what to do but it will eventually happen. My money is on a much more "durable" immunity after the 3rd shot and then a delta specific one sometime after that should largely make covid an annoyance for the average person.

Or I'm totally wrong and in that case whelp

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
trust the paste. trust the paste. become one with the horse.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Steve Yun posted:

If he gets infected later we can call him the Busta-Rime of the Anti-Masker

Busta Lung

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

cr0y posted:

I don't buy the fact that we are going to need endless boosters for a virus that doesn't endlessly mutate (the current variants are fairly small mutations). Once we get a couple different vaccines tuned for a couple different variants we will have a generally robust and wide immunity that will eventually stick around. It will take us kicking our immune system in the head a couple times for it to wise up and start remembering what to do but it will eventually happen. My money is on a much more "durable" immunity after the 3rd shot and then a delta specific one sometime after that should largely make covid an annoyance for the average person.

that would require people to take the vaccines

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

kalensc posted:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

endless boosters no
endless horse paste yes!

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

so missouri kicked off the delta wave and might be coming back down now, but its deaths have been flat, while arkansas has been a disaster. reporting shenanigans?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Goddam people are taking horse dewormer and drinking bleach. WTC.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Atrocious Joe posted:

https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/1430222355494735874?s=20

Biden's plan is to infect us all, and the main opposition is that he isn't infecting us all quickly enough

Lmao I love the Chud Term "natural immunity", that's like saying people be excited to get sick with other viruses such as Measles , Diphtheria and Rubella.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Shear Modulus posted:

endless boosters no
endless horse paste yes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDGlN6mluGA

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

holy poo poo my llama's gonna be a hero.

cr0y posted:

I don't buy the fact that we are going to need endless boosters for a virus that doesn't endlessly mutate

you don't have to buy it it's free

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
its my personal choice to infect others

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
open-Biden guard at local school: citizen! where is your vax card

me, super handsome and smart: *holds up horse paste with big smirk* I’m covered *rubs horse paste on self*

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cr0y posted:

Fauci coming out today and saying "maybe we only need one booster!' isn't wrong, but there won't be any useful data on antibody levels post-dose 3 for a few more months, so maybe he should shut the gently caress up until then

"You only need one booster! Maybe! Go get the booster!" is a bad marketing slogan if they're trying to convince people to get it - they need to admit poo poo is hosed and stop gatekeeping the 3rd shot

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Thesaurus posted:

i thought I would be jumping the gun at just shy of five months.... Nope, time to get boosted!

My friends were saying I was crazy for doing the booster shot speed run, Trust Fauci / 8 Months is the right time!

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

cr0y posted:

we've fumbled to get even a third dose of the existing vaccine out to people in time. we haven't even gotten to the point of a tailor made variant-specific booster, much less two or three of them getting in arms of people. i have my doubts we will even make it to a second variant booster for the public before giving up and saying the whole idea won't work in practice and it's just going to be wild strain vaccine boosts every year, good luck

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

that would require people to take the vaccines

ok well the FDA just approved the vaccine so according to Rational Human Behavior we can expect a big vaccine increase